Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Women's Premier League thread

I can’t be the only one who commends WPL clubs for paying players, can I? NPL and NL1 clubs have been paying players for many years and don’t have any shame around it, yet in the WPL it seems like something everyone tries to hide.
    Good on any club who pays their female players, even if it is but a fraction of what they pay their men. Not sure why New Lambton want to shy away from such a good news story, especially when they should be commended for being one of if not the first local club for paying players who didn’t come from W-league or higher.

Look at the level of player and experience in Broadmeadows 1st grade side. They SHOULD be paid.

This should be something all clubs proudly boast as often as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob View Post
    I can’t be the only one who commends WPL clubs for paying players, can I? NPL and NL1 clubs have been paying players for many years and don’t have any shame around it, yet in the WPL it seems like something everyone tries to hide.
    Good on any club who pays their female players, even if it is but a fraction of what they pay their men. Not sure why New Lambton want to shy away from such a good news story, especially when they should be commended for being one of if not the first local club for paying players who didn’t come from W-league or higher.

Look at the level of player and experience in Broadmeadows 1st grade side. They SHOULD be paid.

This should be something all clubs proudly boast as often as they can.
    It’s great for football but I can see why some clubs don’t pay either and you can see which clubs pay the most because they are stacked but it’s great that they pay the players would be good to see people have to pay to get into games so the clubs can still keep such good women’s programs what some clubs are doing is really good the WPL will only get stronger and Stronger it’s only a shame that the Jets girls that are based in Newcastle travel to Sydney they should all be playing local and helping grow the talent around this area

Maybe this has something to do with it.

In accordance with the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (RSTP) and the FFA
    National Registration Regulations (NRRs), any player who has a written agreement with a club and
    is paid more than the expenses they incur in playing for the club must be registered as a professional
    and not an amateur. If an amateur is paid or reimbursed more than $110 per week, the onus is on
    the club to satisfy the competition administrator that the amount accurately reflects the expenses
    incurred by the player (see article 3.1(c) of the NRRs).
    Other than for National Leagues Competitions (A-League, W-League and Y-League), the contract
    between the club and the professional player must be in the form of FFA prescribed form NRR05
    (see article 6.1 of the NRRs) and lodged with the relevant competition administrator during a
    registration period (see article 4.4).
    It is the club’s responsibility to ensure that a player’s status as a professional is accurately recorded
    on the Play Football registration system at all times (see article 3.1(d) of the NRRs)

Pay the players.

Clubs have money and the ladies bring in additional income through sponsees, junior registration etc.

If a player is worthy of getting paid because they add value, what’s the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    Pay the players.

Clubs have money and the ladies bring in additional income through sponsees, junior registration etc.

If a player is worthy of getting paid because they add value, what’s the problem.
    Watched the top of the table WPL clash Magic v Olympic on Friday night and while I don’t know if Olympic had players unavailable they were second rate compared to Magic. What ever Magic are paying the girls, on the night they deserved every cent, very entertaining game of football

Sounds like new lambton listened to the forum and decided to cut their highest paid player.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    Sounds like new lambton listened to the forum and decided to cut their highest paid player.
    That club is embarrassing sacked a coach after 1 game and then coming last get rid of the best player I don’t see them ever getting promoted with the people in charge to many business people and not enough football brains

Quote Originally Posted by FatKeeper View Post
    That club is embarrassing sacked a coach after 1 game and then coming last get rid of the best player I don’t see them ever getting promoted with the people in charge to many business people and not enough football brains
    There is a few holes in this post to say the least. A few pages back in the forum a reputable member indicated the coach stepped down by mutual decision. Also a best player call would suggest a few goals to back it up. I don't know the count, but it's not many. In the games I've watched, there has been little involvement from this best player. Also, are you referring to promotion for the mens team? If so, wrong page mate.

While the team is having a pretty poor year, posts like this are not constructive at all. We should be talking about the quality of Broadmeadows result rather than bagging other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    There is a few holes in this post to say the least. A few pages back in the forum a reputable member indicated the coach stepped down by mutual decision. Also a best player call would suggest a few goals to back it up. I don't know the count, but it's not many. In the games I've watched, there has been little involvement from this best player. Also, are you referring to promotion for the mens team? If so, wrong page mate.

While the team is having a pretty poor year, posts like this are not constructive at all. We should be talking about the quality of Broadmeadows result rather than bagging other teams.
    Couldn’t agree more, Magic were outstanding on Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post

I totally agree you can see the teams that do the women’s program correctly and it’s magic and Olympic at the moment and then miles to the other teams

Quote Originally Posted by FatKeeper View Post
    I totally agree you can see the teams that do the women’s program correctly and it’s magic and Olympic at the moment and then miles to the other teams
    What is correctly? Spending 80k on player payments as you said? Are we only judging clubs of first grade results?

Unfortunately not enough talent or equal money pools for clubs to keep up or even be competitive.
    How could a local club afford 80K to get a team full of stars like Magic has?

Northern needs to be accountable for the huge gap in club budgets in a league they dream to soon be classified as NPL.

Would a player point system help? I believe so
    Would one less team at the least help? I believe so

This is a debate that needs to be had.

Magic's budget is 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by ElJefe View Post
    Magic's budget is 40k.
    That sounds about right.
    I know that last year the registration fees were close to the 2K mark for magic, so there is probably around $600 fat in that fee and with 4 teams below first grade, 60 players x $600 = $36,000 so pretty easy to see how it is mostly funded.
    Good on them if they can sell the dream to the parents of the younger girls and I think its fantastic that the girls are finally being remunerated for their efforts.

As far as New Lambton goes, it was great to see them secure their first win of the season against Charlestown midweek, all the players and coaches are doing their best and that's all you can ask.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    What is correctly? Spending 80k on player payments as you said? Are we only judging clubs of first grade results?

Unfortunately not enough talent or equal money pools for clubs to keep up or even be competitive.
    How could a local club afford 80K to get a team full of stars like Magic has?

Northern needs to be accountable for the huge gap in club budgets in a league they dream to soon be classified as NPL.

Would a player point system help? I believe so
    Would one less team at the least help? I believe so

This is a debate that needs to be had.
    Budgets can’t be controlled by Northern as no players in any of the leagues are professionally contracted. Like it’s been for years the rich clubs and this changes just look at the history of this competition will attract the players the others will struggle.

Congratulations Imanee Burke on scoring her first 1st grade goal for Adamstown today. Only young, hopefully first of many.

Getting to the pointy end of the season now with the battle for 3rd and 4th down to the wire.

Whats everyone's predictions to round out the top 4? Does Maitland get a much needed win against Warners Bay this weekend? will Adamstown get themselves another much needed 3 points over Azzuri?

Buds have the tougher run home, only playing one team outside the top 4 in their remaining 5 fixtures.
    Maitland only have two games against top 4 opposition in their last 5.
    Buds will need some upsets to progress I think.

Remaining Games;
    Adamstown play Magic, WB, Charlestown & Olympic Twice
    Warners Bay play Maitland, Charlestown, Adamstown & Magic Twice
    Maitland play WB, Olympic, New Lambton & Middies Twice

Pencil in Sunday 29th August, WB v Adamstown at John Street Oval
    Last edited by Bull fighter; 03-08-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Rumours on the NPL page have Keelan Hamilton taking the job at Lakes next year.

If true what’s the shortlist look like for the Maitland job?

Will depend on what Maitland are willing to offer.