Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    New Lambton really spending up big on players. What is it now 4 players with WLeague experience? They don't come cheap and rightly so but seems like a waste of a lot of cash at this point to try and run 7th in the comp.
    Hopefully the younger girls are getting some benefit from mixing with them.
    Mate you know lots about NL... new signings playing for next to nothing as the clubs still suffering the affects from the Hamilton hangover.. Since you know so much you’d know both help coach junior teams. So yes, younger girls are relishing from the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SAP SUPER COACH View Post
    Seems strange that a group of blokes get together and spend the day talking about womens football

it would appear the Edgy need WB more than the other way round??
    Correct plus the $$$ for Northern when clubs merge like has happened with other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by SAP SUPER COACH View Post
    Seems strange that a group of blokes get together and spend the day talking about womens football

it would appear the Edgy need WB more than the other way round??
    I would have thought talk was more about B League criteria than women's football.

Quote Originally Posted by CokeNoSugar View Post
    Heard some talk at Edgy old boys day that they are planning on making a play at taking Warners Bay WPL so they can meet B League criteria. How long can WB last/compete?
    WB can't last long they don't play on a NPL standard ground. Northern is pushing clubs to NPL teams to play on NPL grounds so it can be a WNPL. It's why Merewether, Wallsend, Thornton and South Wallsend have all been moved. Adamstown is right as they are already on an NPL ground. New Lambton trying to keep them by having them play out of Arthur Edden and No2 Sportsground.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Not many clubs wanted a bar of this years ago. Inclusion and equality - and rightly so!
    Well now there is all that grant money for women's football over the next 5 years

I would have thought talk was more about B League criteria than women's football.
    Or the talk of the football club taking over the athletics field once athletics merges with the Glendale club.

Need teams to justify more grounds so that’s where WPL comes in....

Thumbs up

oh ok then glad it was such a great day! doesn't sound like you were even there but just like passing on second hand info about one club "making a play at taking over another" on a public forum

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Mate you know lots about NL... new signings playing for next to nothing as the clubs still suffering the affects from the Hamilton hangover.. Since you know so much you’d know both help coach junior teams. So yes, younger girls are relishing from the experience.
    Only what I read in the media & NL Facebook page and of course the NL people on these pages like "onyanose". So you are telling me that players are playing for "next to nothing" and Jenna Kingsley plus Sophie Nenadović are signing up for a team that hasn't won a game all season and cannot make the semi's, wow that is extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Correct plus the $$$ for Northern when clubs merge like has happened with other 3.
    $$$ For Northern???? I must be missing something here?

WNPL will go ahead next year, the application process has been scrapped. All existing clubs will transition to WNPL as they all meet the requirements. No new clubs will be added.

The main challenge for clubs going forward is the coach accreditaion requirements, which to be fair has been a challenge for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    WNPL will go ahead next year, the application process has been scrapped. All existing clubs will transition to WNPL as they all meet the requirements. No new clubs will be added.
    Why are the requirements lower than NPL?

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    $$$ For Northern???? I must be missing something here?
    You better talk to Charlestown they took over your licence and would have been rewarded by Northern for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Why are the requirements lower than NPL?
    Want the same but don’t want to do or have the same requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Want the same but don’t want to do or have the same requirements.
    Not sure what you're saying here but the requirements are the same which means Warners Bay don't meet all of them or they are lower and so not the same

Only what I read in the media & NL Facebook page and of course the NL people on these pages like "onyanose". So you are telling me that players are playing for "next to nothing" and Jenna Kingsley plus Sophie Nenadović are signing up for a team that hasn't won a game all season and cannot make the semi's, wow that is extraordinary.
    ok keelan

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    ok keelan
    Thanks for the wrap Jess, wish I was that good a coach. Keelan has too much class to be on here replying to the NL committee sooks who just continuously attack him personally on this forum, seriously how many more years are they going carry on with this complete garbage.

New Lambton really spending up big on players. What is it now 4 players with WLeague experience? They don't come cheap and rightly so but seems like a waste of a lot of cash at this point to try and run 7th in the comp.
    Hopefully the younger girls are getting some benefit from mixing with them.
    Adriana Jones $250
    Brooke Miller $150
    Kingsley $150
    Nenadovic $0
    Per game

Rest of player payed if they win which they haven’t
    And Lowe sacked due to player revolt and they were all going to leave if nothing done

Quote Originally Posted by FatKeeper View Post
    Adriana Jones $250
    Brooke Miller $150
    Kingsley $150
    Nenadovic $0
    Per game

Rest of player payed if they win which they haven’t
    And Lowe sacked due to player revolt and they were all going to leave if nothing done
    Yep a long way from next to nothing

Thanks for the wrap Jess, wish I was that good a coach. Keelan has too much class to be on here replying to the NL committee sooks who just continuously attack him personally on this forum, seriously how many more years are they going carry on with this complete garbage.
    $ure thing.

Yep a long way from next to nothing
    It’s nothing compared to some of the big paying clubs
    Magic spend more money hiring out speers point for the season then NL whole player Budget
    Magic at around 80k for player payments
    Olympic not to far off that either would love to see what teams actually do pay