Thread: 2021 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Nope, your mail is only 2 weeks behind
    So was he sacked? Did he leave?

Is he still there as GK coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    So was he sacked? Did he leave?

Is he still there as GK coach?
    Where is onyanose? He will have all the answers for you.
    After he got on here and bagged the new NL WPL coach and all the players before the season even started didn’t take Einstein to see it wasn’t going to end well.

Greg arrived back in Aust in January 2020, after a number of years in South Africa. Still today, his wife and young family remain in South Africa - stuck there due to Covid, some 14 months later. And having 2 of his family’s flights cancelled in the past few months, this is the hardest thing he has ever had to deal with. (Btw - Greg is happy for us to share this story)

Coaching WPL in a regional town, is hardly a full time career and in support of Greg’s situation, the club offered him the opportunity to use the 3 nights and weekends to seek a higher paid role and grow his GK clinic business. Especially after he had to pay business class seats for all 4 family members - to secure their return. Greg accepted this offer for what it was - knowing we have his best interests at heart.

However, this offer meant he would need to stand back from coaching our WPL - but he remains our GK Technical Director. Greg is a valued and important member of our club.

Did the club do the right thing? I guess you will be judge and jury. But we did what we could to help him free up time in his week to earn as much as he could to be ready for his families return.

I know Greg personally and this bloke is a legend.
    He’ll do anything for anyone.
    The stuff he’s family have been through in Corona is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    I know Greg personally and this bloke is a legend.
    He’ll do anything for anyone.
    The stuff he’s family have been through in Corona is terrible.
    No disputing that.
    And thanks Barry for clarifying, just wondering if Greg didn’t mind sharing the story why the stoney silence from NL and no formal announcement of the appointment of Maddy?

The Herald was aware as was the NNSW WPL weekly review socials. We announced within the club also.
    Because it wasn’t announced on this forum does not equal stoney silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    The Herald was aware as was the NNSW WPL weekly review socials. We announced within the club also.
    Because it wasn’t announced on this forum does not equal stoney silence.
    If it was on your FB page I must have missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Greg arrived back in Aust in January 2020, after a number of years in South Africa. Still today, his wife and young family remain in South Africa - stuck there due to Covid, some 14 months later. And having 2 of his family’s flights cancelled in the past few months, this is the hardest thing he has ever had to deal with. (Btw - Greg is happy for us to share this story)

Coaching WPL in a regional town, is hardly a full time career and in support of Greg’s situation, the club offered him the opportunity to use the 3 nights and weekends to seek a higher paid role and grow his GK clinic business. Especially after he had to pay business class seats for all 4 family members - to secure their return. Greg accepted this offer for what it was - knowing we have his best interests at heart.

However, this offer meant he would need to stand back from coaching our WPL - but he remains our GK Technical Director. Greg is a valued and important member of our club.

Did the club do the right thing? I guess you will be judge and jury. But we did what we could to help him free up time in his week to earn as much as he could to be ready for his families return.
    Thanks, nice to get some actual info on here and not conjecture.

Magic called off their home games this weekend against Maitland at around 3pm Friday afternoon. All except 1st grade. Was this the only ground that could handle the showers we had that day?

Sounds a bit suss to me. Senior men and youth playing away. Would have to be the only ground closed this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Magic called off their home games this weekend against Maitland at around 3pm Friday afternoon. All except 1st grade. Was this the only ground that could handle the showers we had that day?
    10mm fell in the area Friday but every other ground in the area was open and dry today.

Either Magic Park have no drainage and all run off around the field is directed to to the middle of the field or there is something suss going on

Whilst watching the first grade play on Friday night the pitch did look like a goat track, but yeah was interested to see if other grounds where washed out.

Watched some of the game on Friday night, can anyone explain the antics of the Magic keeper?
    Was it under the coaches instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Watched some of the game on Friday night, can anyone explain the antics of the Magic keeper?
    Was it under the coaches instructions?
    No idea but it wasn’t great viewing, and the corner at the end where the magic player kicked it to herself then just booted it out.

No idea but it wasn’t great viewing, and the corner at the end where the magic player kicked it to herself then just booted it out.
    What was the score

Definitely, found it really difficult to understand when you are 4 up in a round match to employ time wasting tactics. Why, when it could well be goal difference may end up deciding who are premiers. Dumbest thing I have see in a long long time, not to mention from a spectator point how poor it was.

Not sure maintaining a 4-0 lead while managing injuries would be considered dumb but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by ElJefe View Post
    Not sure maintaining a 4-0 lead while managing injuries would be considered dumb but hey.
    100% what imbecile coach would sub his best 3 players at half time... at 4-0 up go for the kill, 8-0... 9-0... 10-0!!! make the scoreboard attendance work his butt off... Demoralise the losing girls enough to quit their current club and transfer to the guaranteed success of All-Age A Grade women's.

Reverting back to the conversation about where Greg Lowe is now, my daughter was telling me they had a second GK coach at the Jets academy and When I asked if it was Greg she said it was..

Reverting back to the conversation about where Greg Lowe is now, my daughter was telling me they had a second GK coach at the Jets academy and When I asked if it was Greg she said it was..
    Might be doing both