Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: 2021 FFA Cup (local NNSW thread)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Cookers absolutely looked like they were playing their 3rd game in 7 days. NL lads very hungry.

Absolutely no love lost on the pitch, I think the players going home with a yellow will outnumber those without.

Cheers to the big turnout of NL fans, thanks for braving the absolute freezing cold. Hope you all enjoyed a schnitty burger and some Coopers.
    The support of the NL folk was crazy. A long time since there has been atmosphere at local football. It all felt a little stale for Cooks Hill as the home Club. On the park NL were unlucky, terrible decision to allow the free kick before the whistle. Their wall was still setting and the keeper was barking instructions. Agree Cooks Hill look like they played 3 games in a week. Promotion wise NL don't look out of place at all on tonight.

Next round of games (all on Saturday 11 June):

Maitland FC v Weston Workers - 2:00pm @ Cooks Square Park

Newcastle Olympic v Lake Macquarie City​ - 2:00pm @ Darling Street Oval

Cooks Hill v Coffs Coast Tigers - 2:00pm @ Fearnley Dawes Athletics Field

Coffs City United v Broadmeadow Magic ​- 5:00pm @ Forsyth Park

From there:

Cooks Hill or Coffs Coast Tigers vs Newcastle Olympic or Lake Macquarie City

Maitland FC or Weston Workers vs Coffs City United or Broadmeadow Magic

Winners of the above into the Australia Cup Round of 32 draw.

I know what side of the draw I would rather be on and its not on the Magic side

Why aren’t the games being played at LMRFF? Surely with the wet weather this year, they should be expecting rain.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Why aren’t the games being played at LMRFF? Surely with the wet weather this year, they should be expecting rain.
    Some big games in the context of a successful season for a few. Olympic v Lakes. The loser should expect a Coach change for varying reasons. Cooks Hill v Coffs. Maybe Coffs will bring a car full and dominate the crowd?.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Some big games in the context of a successful season for a few. Olympic v Lakes. The loser should expect a Coach change for varying reasons. Cooks Hill v Coffs. Maybe Coffs will bring a car full and dominate the crowd?.
    They'll probably get more Coffs fans than we'll manage

Right oh W8 mate and Scone, whats your interpretation of the rule surrounding free kicks around the area?
    Careful...you might be given rope here to hang yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by fozphantom View Post
    Right oh W8 mate and Scone, whats your interpretation of the rule surrounding free kicks around the area?
    Ref announces immediately whether quick or wait. Chances are it wont be on the right spot so wait. No other interpretation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Ref announces immediately whether quick or wait. Chances are it wont be on the right spot so wait. No other interpretation needed.

Almost.....
    Referee certainly wont announce for it to be taken quickly. More wait a reasonable amount of time to see if attacking team wants to take it quick. After a few seconds if it's not taken quickly, move to the point of the foul and show the whistle to indicate that the free kick cant be taken until whistle is blown.

The option to take a quick free kick while attacking goal is no different to a defensive free kick. Onus is on the defensive team to be aware and ready for it. Most keepers wont start setting wall until referee confirms there will be a whistle.

And the ball was smashed into the back of the NEsT!

Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    And the ball was smashed into the back of the NEsT!
    great night either way, NL played football, CHFC long ball
    as for the single cookers supporter
    I'm sure he was over the moon with the shit performance and winning result
    just hope NL is sore and fatigued for the weekend at the gardens

Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post
    Almost.....
    Referee certainly wont announce for it to be taken quickly. More wait a reasonable amount of time to see if attacking team wants to take it quick. After a few seconds if it's not taken quickly, move to the point of the foul and show the whistle to indicate that the free kick cant be taken until whistle is blown.

The option to take a quick free kick while attacking goal is no different to a defensive free kick. Onus is on the defensive team to be aware and ready for it. Most keepers wont start setting wall until referee confirms there will be a whistle.
    spot on

Quote Originally Posted by fozphantom View Post
    Unfortunately, foz, the rules are such that if Maitland try it on the weekend and score, it's likely to be pulled up and re taken. If it isnt pulled up the CH Coach will bellow how unfair life is. I hope they do well because local football needs new blood, and they have some good kids. It just wasn't a great way to win a good game. Especially when they were outplayed for much of it by a NL1 team. Fair play to NL, they seem to have moved on according to their socials and the support they get is impressive. I can't say I will be watching them on the weekend at The Gardens though. I am allergic to pigeon shit. Maybe a Maitland/Cookers NPL showpiece or a ZPL clash to cleanse the mind of all the NPL experts?. Its important to support all levels. It broadens the mind.

I know for a fact that New Lambton moderators erased most comments on their FB page. One minute they were there the next they were gone. Good idea to prevent the whinging that was to follow. They also got spammed which is quite common on these FB pages/groups.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Unfortunately, foz, the rules are such that if Maitland try it on the weekend and score, it's likely to be pulled up and re taken. If it isnt pulled up the CH Coach will bellow how unfair life is. I hope they do well because local football needs new blood, and they have some good kids. It just wasn't a great way to win a good game. Especially when they were outplayed for much of it by a NL1 team. Fair play to NL, they seem to have moved on according to their socials and the support they get is impressive. I can't say I will be watching them on the weekend at The Gardens though. I am allergic to pigeon shit. Maybe a Maitland/Cookers NPL showpiece or a ZPL clash to cleanse the mind of all the NPL experts?. Its important to support all levels. It broadens the mind.
    You certainly got your showpiece.

Cooks Hill 4 Coffs 0
    Great turn out by Cooks Hill supporters young and old.

Maitland 5 Vs Weston 1

Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Cooks Hill 4 Coffs 0
    Great turn out by Cooks Hill supporters young and old.
    3-0 ht. Pepper, Benson & Yaxley.
    Pasquale 2nd half goal.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Maitland 5 Vs Weston 1
    Were you there onlooker ? Were Weston poor or Maitland too good

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Were you there onlooker ? Were Weston poor or Maitland too good
    First half I’d say Weston had the better of it, spent a lot of it in Maitland’s half didn’t test the keeper out as much as they would have liked but. 1-1 at halftime second half Maitland came out the better and once Maitland scored the second they just ran away with it and as the score line would suggest where comfortable winners.