Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 222

Thread: 2021 FFA Cup (local NNSW thread)

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    Excellent point. Good ZPL teams are in and around the middle to top NL1. Dudley, Mayfield. NL1 clubs are mostly stale and taking the piss. Put New Lambton, Belswans and Cooks Hill up immediately. Forget the whole facility bullshit. If they are ready they will grow. I just went to Alder Park and New Lambton had 500 people there and their own Club where everyone retired to after was rocking. A weakened team missing a few 1st team players pushed Edgey all the way. They are ready to go and a fence or dodgy old stand means nothing. If Valentine is NPL New Lambton is the friggin Nou Camp. All other NL1, into ZPL. 1st Res 18s. If ZPL teams can field 13s to 16s they enter a decoupled Youth comp. Let Singo, Toronto and Wallsend play in a ZPL and re plan and build. Westy, Kahibah and Southy Youth in a decoupled comp. The thing is though, not a Northern representative in sight tonight at Alder Park. They won't even know the score.......abysmal.
    No clubs in ZPL want to have U/18's and especially no juniors below that. I commend the work that clubs in NL1 have to do because it's a hell of a lot more than what we have to worry about in ZPL.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  2. #122
    Itís always a great sounding idea to have promotion and relegation. But if you take away reserves and thirds to create youth then the club has to go through a huge change. Difficult when you have small committees and no juniors. Plus the culture of the club completely changes and thatís not necessarily a good thing.
    Being an old man I played in the days of promotion and relegation. When some of the NPL and league one teams werenít even in the top two divisions. It was far more entertaining, not as skilful but you knew you had to bring it otherwise down you went. I canít see it ever going back to that as itís all about money now

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    569
    The subject of promotion/ relegation between ZPL and NL1 has and is being discussed in the ZPL thread, worth heading there to have a look.

    As I said in there time to put it to bed ZPL teams donít want to go up so we settle for a two tier then a 4 tier comp. and the zone league teams see ZPL as their pinnacle and treat it as such. And the association running it must now do more to promote it.

  4. #124
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    Excellent point. Good ZPL teams are in and around the middle to top NL1. Dudley, Mayfield. NL1 clubs are mostly stale and taking the piss. Put New Lambton, Belswans and Cooks Hill up immediately. Forget the whole facility bullshit. If they are ready they will grow. I just went to Alder Park and New Lambton had 500 people there and their own Club where everyone retired to after was rocking. A weakened team missing a few 1st team players pushed Edgey all the way. They are ready to go and a fence or dodgy old stand means nothing. If Valentine is NPL New Lambton is the friggin Nou Camp. All other NL1, into ZPL. 1st Res 18s. If ZPL teams can field 13s to 16s they enter a decoupled Youth comp. Let Singo, Toronto and Wallsend play in a ZPL and re plan and build. Westy, Kahibah and Southy Youth in a decoupled comp. The thing is though, not a Northern representative in sight tonight at Alder Park. They won't even know the score.......abysmal.
    500 people... Really? I heard it was more like 100 blokes with an esky and they all had to stand because thereís no seating...

  5. #125
    Can I suggest changing your informants?

    Seating for 100 people (full), people around most of the fence line, about 120 youth and JDL players and $4000 takings between our Can bar on the green and sports club might suggests otherwise.

    Great night for the club all round.
    Last edited by Barry Dawson; 13-05-2021 at 09:20 PM.

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Can I suggest changing your informants?

    Seating for 100 people (full), people around most of the fence line, about 120 youth and JDL players and $4000 takings between our Can bar on the green and sports club might suggests otherwise.

    Great night for the club all round.
    It was a great crowd.Great turn out by the kids as mentioned.

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    434
    Ffa cup draw at 12.30 today

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Ffa cup draw at 12.30 today
    A couple of interesting ties there some good watching in the next couple of weeks.

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    A couple of interesting ties there some good watching in the next couple of weeks.
    Magic v Edgy
    Maitland v Olympic

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    A couple of interesting ties there some good watching in the next couple of weeks.
    Can anyone see an upset from Belswans or Dudley

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    171
    I was thinking Dudley at home to Weston could be a good one to go and watch. Should be a great atmosphere down there for a cup game.

  12. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    434
    Maitland 3 Olympic 1
    Magic 2 Edgeworth 0
    Adamstown 2 Belswans 1
    Lakes 4 Valentine 0
    Jaffas 2 Azzurri 0
    Weston 4 Dudley 1

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Maitland 3 Olympic 1
    Magic 2 Edgeworth 0
    Adamstown 2 Belswans 1
    Lakes 4 Valentine 0
    Jaffas 2 Azzurri 0
    Weston 4 Dudley 1
    Maitland 2-1 Olympic
    Magic 3-1 Edgeworth
    Adamstown 1-0 Belswan
    Lakes 2-0 Valentine
    Jaffa’s 3-1 Azzurri
    Weston 2-1 Dudley

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Maitland 2-1 Olympic
    Magic 3-1 Edgeworth
    Adamstown 1-0 Belswan
    Lakes 2-0 Valentine
    Jaffa’s 3-1 Azzurri
    Weston 2-1 Dudley
    Maitland 1-2 Olympic
    Magic 1-2 Edgeworth
    Adamstown 1-2 Belswan
    Lakes 4-0 Valentine
    Jaffa’s 4-1 Azzurri
    Weston 1-1 Dudley DUDLEY WIN

  15. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Maitland 1-2 Olympic
    Magic 1-2 Edgeworth
    Adamstown 1-2 Belswan
    Lakes 4-0 Valentine
    Jaffa’s 4-1 Azzurri
    Weston 1-1 Dudley DUDLEY WIN
    When are any games being played

  16. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    130
    Maitland v Olympic is tonight 7pm,maybe 1 or 2 others tonight but i think a lot of games are tomorrow night (Wednesday)

  17. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    171
    Buds at home to Belswans tonight.

  18. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    442
    HT
    Maitland 2 Olympic 1
    Adamstown 1 belswans 1

  19. #139
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    HT
    Maitland 2 Olympic 1
    Adamstown 1 belswans 1

    Belswans 4 Adamstown 1

  20. #140
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    HT
    Maitland 2 Olympic 1
    Adamstown 1 belswans 1
    Hearing Adamstown went down 4-1, did they rotate? Poor result

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •