Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 FFA Cup (local NNSW thread)

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Magic vs Weston on tomorrow @ Magic Park. 7pm kick off.
    Magic win 2-1. Pretty shitty game but magic in the 32

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Magic win 2-1. Pretty shitty game but magic in the 32
    Magic park looked trashed on BarTV

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Magic park looked trashed on BarTV
    Certainly did, too much football being played. NPL, NPL Youth, WPL, WPL Youth and SAP, NNSW expect clubs to carry all these teams and still have pristine grounds. Clubs and Council need to invest money into upgrading community facilities allowing Youth and SAP games to be played on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Certainly did, too much football being played. NPL, NPL Youth, WPL, WPL Youth and SAP, NNSW expect clubs to carry all these teams and still have pristine grounds. Clubs and Council need to invest money into upgrading community facilities allowing Youth and SAP games to be played on them.
    Not sure how much Magic Park is a community facility. Only allowed to be used by that club.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Not sure how much Magic Park is a community facility. Only allowed to be used by that club.
    You are right Goatscheese, poor choice of words Stanley

Think he meant, upgrade the community fields so that Lesser ages and grades could play.
    Not that Magic was a community park haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Think he meant, upgrade the community fields so that Lesser ages and grades could play.
    Not that Magic was a community park haha
    Correct, Olympic have the adjoining field, Edgeworth the junior field at the back of the ground, Magic and Jaffa’s outer grounds. The perfect example is Charlestown who have access to community grounds at Gateshead.

Correct, Olympic have the adjoining field, Edgeworth the junior field at the back of the ground, Magic and Jaffa’s outer grounds. The perfect example is Charlestown who have access to community grounds at Gateshead.
    I suppose Charlestown can use Gateshead because no other club is. Are we really going to be kicking off community teams off to make way for Premier teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I suppose Charlestown can use Gateshead because no other club is. Are we really going to be kicking off community teams off to make way for Premier teams?
    That’s why we need council funding to upgrade community grounds. Are you just trying to be argumentative?

Just going to weigh in on this from my opinion.
    Why do councils need to spend money on NNSW directives?
    To me clubs do what they do and if you are good you will be successful.!!

And are we supposed to displace community teams to make that happen?

It was obvious when JDL/SAP came in, and then WPL went to the NPL clubs that their grounds would not cope with over use. Any community club could tell you that was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Just going to weigh in on this from my opinion.
    Why do councils need to spend money on NNSW directives?
    To me clubs do what they do and if you are good you will be successful.!!
    Go down to Sydney and see the facilities the local councils build for their communities and then ask why our kids don’t deserve something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

It was obvious when JDL/SAP came in, and then WPL went to the NPL clubs that their grounds would not cope with over use. Any community club could tell you that was going to happen.
    No, you build synthetic pitches that can handle the traffic

No, you build synthetic pitches that can handle the traffic
    Maybe these Premier clubs can invest in their facilities at around $1500 a player for NPL youth and $1000+ for JDL and WPL certainly adds up to a bit of coin. Use this money for facility investment instead of paying overinflated amounts to 1st grade NPL and WPL players.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

You just don’t get it, before NPL youth and WPL was brought in these teams were community based. A grade community teams became the foundation of NPL football in the first year. With the introduction of NPL, NNSW football tasked Senior football clubs (at the time NBN clubs) the job of youth football development i.e. technical directors, accredited coaches, Physio’s, better facilities etc.
    What I’m saying is the football development is progressing nicely but real estate is a problem the majority of clubs train on over used paddocks and play at what should be premier facilities but with over usage these facilities are deteriorating quickly particularly during the colder months of June and July. What I’d like to see is premier competitions played at premier facilities and the only way for that to happen is to have more premier facilities. The answer lies in improving community facilities, the No. 1 community pitch should be a game day pitch, improve lighting, add a couple of aluminium bench grandstands, drainage and irrigation. Whether it be Council, clubs or NNSW football it doesn’t matter it just has to happen for football to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Maybe these Premier clubs can invest in their facilities at around $1500 a player for NPL youth and $1000+ for JDL and WPL certainly adds up to a bit of coin. Use this money for facility investment instead of paying overinflated amounts to 1st grade NPL and WPL players.
    I was going to say I’m surprised at the reluctance for councils to invest in our sport but then i remembered, this is Newcastle. We don’t like change, people will tie themselves to a big old ugly tree to avoid it.

I was going to say I’m surprised at the reluctance for councils to invest in our sport but then i remembered, this is Newcastle. We don’t like change, people will tie themselves to a big old ugly tree to avoid it.
    As you say this I just read that Olympic secured $900k in grants to upgrade their ground

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    As you say this I just read that Olympic secured $900k in grants to upgrade their ground
    Nice, I hope the second field becomes synthetic

This!

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    This!
    How would someone do this?

You would have to get every club on board. Because even if just one pays overs for players they will win the comp and all the other clubs will follow suit.

A salary cap won't work. NNSW can't audit the player points system properly let a lone a salary cap. And Sydney FC's sombrero shows that salary caps don't really help (Roosters too). Plus, NNSW would have to increase man power to police it and clubs would find a work around.

Perhaps I am missing how this would works practically?