Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 FFA Cup (local NNSW thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    All this negative talk sounds like a few people trying to create a problem rather than reporting on an actual problem. Only actual fact mentioned was a negative defensive approach to last Saturday's game. Who cares if someone wears a suit, and apart from a lot of young players being selected in Jets and Mariners academies, who has left to go to other clubs?
    Half of last years u18s who wanted and deserved the opportunity to play reserves or higher after being at the club since 12 years olds but the dead wood in reserve grade prohibited this so they moved clubs for opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Half of last years u18s who wanted and deserved the opportunity to play reserves or higher after being at the club since 12 years olds but the dead wood in reserve grade prohibited this so they moved clubs for opportunities
    Are you talking last years 18s or last season (this years)? Have they already signed? Do you have any names?
    Not saying you are wrong, just surprised that the movements of all these 18s players would be known at this stage to someone outside the team management. Guess I'm suggesting it appears more wishful thinking and promoting negativity than anything factual. Something of a theme from some posters here.

Have heard the same stories that at least 7 of the Olympic 18's from this year plus the coach have left the club and signed for Cooks Hill after being all promised reserve grade spots at Cooks Hill by Tanch.
    Smart move

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    Are you talking last years 18s or last season (this years)? Have they already signed? Do you have any names?
    Not saying you are wrong, just surprised that the movements of all these 18s players would be known at this stage to someone outside the team management. Guess I'm suggesting it appears more wishful thinking and promoting negativity than anything factual. Something of a theme from some posters here.
    A question was asked and I answered it as I am aware of the circumstances, I have zero reasons to promote negativity, maybe you are the one who should look at your own post and stop your negativity

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Have heard the same stories that at least 7 of the Olympic 18's from this year plus the coach have left the club and signed for Cooks Hill after being all promised reserve grade spots at Cooks Hill by Tanch.
    Smart move
    every club has been doing this for many years- including Sth Cardiff- FR, olympic are no different.
    to be fair, olympics retention of players over the years has been stronger then most.

as for gloating on cooks hill, and tanch's promises ... we will see hey!
    the real question needs to be asked, what happens to all those players that were there all those years to assist Cooks Hill promotion, for then all to be booted out for new player promises and over paid pensioners.

spotlight on the wrong team i think?

and yes, olympic did park the bus for 90 minutes, which was a fundamental coaching error

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    every club has been doing this for many years- including Sth Cardiff- FR, olympic are no different.
    to be fair, olympics retention of players over the years has been stronger then most.

as for gloating on cooks hill, and tanch's promises ... we will see hey!
    the real question needs to be asked, what happens to all those players that were there all those years to assist Cooks Hill promotion, for then all to be booted out for new player promises and over paid pensioners.

spotlight on the wrong team i think?

and yes, olympic did park the bus for 90 minutes, which was a fundamental coaching error
    Not sure why you mentioned south Cardiff, seems strange, why would have kids play for you since 12 year old, and good kids, but let them leave because of dead wood

Not sure why you mentioned south Cardiff, seems strange, why would have kids play for you since 12 year old, and good kids, but let them leave because of dead wood
    NOT SO STRANGE FR,
    MOYLAN /FAJ0VIC WIN AT ALL COST YEAR, WAS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED AT STHY

TRUE THAT?

BIG MONEY, PLAYERS LEAVE OR REMOVED .. RESULT "NO TROPHY"
    NOW START AGAIN, REBUILD PLAYERS, REBUILD BANK BALANCE, AND UNTIL NEXT TIME WHEN IT HAPPENS AGAIN!

unfortunately this happens everywhere at some stage, or for some clubs or coaches every year, only option is -
    don't go to those clubs
    don't appoint those coaches
    or play another sport

these kids you speak off could have fought it out for one more season and then taken their place in the reserves the year after if they were good enough, where is their loyalty to the club, why dont they earn their spot in the reserves, they are clearly not good enough to replace existing players otherwise they would have. why would any club not promote their best players to develop them, seems like you have been talking to disgruntled parents with an axe to grind who think there kids should be playing up when in reality, they are exactly where they should be

NOT SO STRANGE FR,

TRUE THAT?

NOW START AGAIN, REBUILD PLAYERS, REBUILD BANK BALANCE, AND UNTIL NEXT TIME WHEN IT HAPPENS AGAIN!

unfortunately this happens everywhere at some stage, or for some clubs or coaches every year, only option is -
    don't go to those clubs
    or play another sport
    🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

[quote=w8 watcher;253285]
    When keeper is shit, and can't catch ball. It doesn't matter, unfortunately

Jack Duncan: hold my beer

NOT SO STRANGE FR,

TRUE THAT?

don't go to those clubs
    or play another sport
    Why are you YELLING for W8 Watcher

As someone who has been involved with Olympic for a long time, I’d like to address some of the comments on this thread:

Firstly, have your opinion on olympics tactics against MacArthur. Joel is paid to make those decisions and the club was proud of the way the boys acquired themselves. What I don’t understand is the issue with committee members wearing suits? These people volunteer countless hours into running the club and took pride in the club being on the stage. Not everyone wants to wear jeans and joggers to an FFA cup tie.

Secondly, cooks hill approached 4 Olympic 18s players before the season finished. 2 of these players would have been in olympics reserve grade in 2022. The other two were not good enough yet. I hope it works out for them, but name me a youngster that Tanch has developed in his years at cooks hill, Charlestown, jaffas? In total 6 18s players were promoted into reserve grade. The 18s coach was also approached by cooks hill but is staying at Olympic. The stories about Joel wanting one thing and the committee wanting another are false. Joel, the TD and club all contribute to these decisions. Plus at least half a dozen of last years reserve grade got opportunities in first grade. They can’t all be competing for a first grade squad….

Lastly, making digs at the heritage of a club is sad. So maybe save the borderline racist comments for somewhere away from public forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Why are you YELLING for W8 Watcher
    sore throat sorry

[QUOTE=BS detecor;253441]
    Quote Originally Posted by w8 watcher View Post
    When keeper is shit, and can't catch ball. It doesn't matter, unfortunately

Jack Duncan: hold my beer
    valid point on that performance
    surely he is dropped, for season lol

The stories about Joel wanting one thing and the committee wanting another are false. Joel, the TD and club all contribute to these decisions. Plus at least half a dozen of last years reserve grade got opportunities in first grade. They can’t all be competing for a first grade squad….

Lastly, making digs at the heritage of a club is sad. So maybe save the borderline racist comments for somewhere away from public forums.[/QUOTE]

From the outside looking in, who has Joel really brought in and signed though? The MAJORITY of players the club have signed since Joel has taken charge have been past players or friends of the clubs president.
    Eg, Jacob bailey, Rutledge, Duncan, Townsend, Davis, Burston.
    Looks to me as thought it’s more the club pulling the strings in regard to recruitment or it could just be a mer coincidence. I’m sure that’s why it could look to people as though there could be abit of conflict in there.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but where has there been any borderline racist comments? Get off your high horse.

I wish Olympic all the best, but they are no longer the club they used to be 5 or so years ago

Quote Originally Posted by death_sphere View Post
    As someone who has been involved with Olympic for a long time, IÂ’d like to address some of the comments on this thread:

Firstly, have your opinion on olympics tactics against MacArthur. Joel is paid to make those decisions and the club was proud of the way the boys acquired themselves. What I donÂ’t understand is the issue with committee members wearing suits? These people volunteer countless hours into running the club and took pride in the club being on the stage. Not everyone wants to wear jeans and joggers to an FFA cup tie.

Secondly, cooks hill approached 4 Olympic 18s players before the season finished. 2 of these players would have been in olympics reserve grade in 2022. The other two were not good enough yet. I hope it works out for them, but name me a youngster that Tanch has developed in his years at cooks hill, Charlestown, jaffas? In total 6 18s players were promoted into reserve grade. The 18s coach was also approached by cooks hill but is staying at Olympic. The stories about Joel wanting one thing and the committee wanting another are false. Joel, the TD and club all contribute to these decisions. Plus at least half a dozen of last years reserve grade got opportunities in first grade. They canÂ’t all be competing for a first grade squadÂ….

Lastly, making digs at the heritage of a club is sad. So maybe save the borderline racist comments for somewhere away from public forums.
    Hi no issues with suits just found it funny and a bit over the top. My opinion would be dress pants clubs dress shirt and tracksuit tops that represent the club is pride, suits are “ egos “. Not sure why you are pulling out the racist card, Olympic take a lot of pride in their heritage and should be proud of it, total respect. I can not see where anyone has had a dig of their heritage you are stretching it a bit far there. I think if you did a poll 99.9% of people would prefer to wear jeans and joggers, just saying ;-)
    Last edited by Fairgo; 18-11-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    The stories about Joel wanting one thing and the committee wanting another are false. Joel, the TD and club all contribute to these decisions. Plus at least half a dozen of last years reserve grade got opportunities in first grade. They can’t all be competing for a first grade squad….

From the outside looking in, who has Joel really brought in and signed though? The MAJORITY of players the club have signed since Joel has taken charge have been past players or friends of the clubs president.
    Looks to me as thought it’s more the club pulling the strings in regard to recruitment or it could just be a mer coincidence. I’m sure that’s why it could look to people as though there could be abit of conflict in there.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but where has there been any borderline racist comments? Get off your high horse.

I wish Olympic all the best, but they are no longer the club they used to be 5 or so years ago[/QUOTE]

In response to your last comment about Olympic not being the club they use to be, this would be about the same time Richard Hartley left Newcastle Football for Jaffa’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post

I wish Olympic all the best, but they are no longer the club they used to be 5 or so years ago
    In response to your last comment about Olympic not being the club they use to be, this would be about the same time Richard Hartley left Newcastle Football for Jaffa’s.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I’m missing something, but how dose Hartley leaving Newcastle football to go to Jaffas have anything to do with Olympic not being the club they used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    In response to your last comment about Olympic not being the club they use to be, this would be about the same time Richard Hartley left Newcastle Football for Jaffa’s.

Sorry if I’m missing something, but how dose Hartley leaving Newcastle football to go to Jaffas have anything to do with Olympic not being the club they used to be?

There was a long held point of view that Richard Hartley directed the better kids from his programme to Olympic's youth NPL setup.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    There was a long held point of view that Richard Hartley directed the better kids from his programme to Olympic's youth NPL setup.
    It was more than just a long held view, it’s what used to happen and they were usually good squads who had played together for a few years so they would dominate all age groups. Problem was that in chasing the club championship every season, they would be held back and it’s usually when they are in their second season of 18s and playing against players that used to be 2-3 years behind them do they realise that maybe their development is not the clubs main aim. I realise that’s going to be passionately disputed but the evidence is there for all to see, they never miss an opportunity to claim the club champions tag.