Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 FFA Cup (local NNSW thread)

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Olympic 13-0
    Jesus. Any other games on this week

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Jesus. Any other games on this week
    may have been closer if they trained, like NL1

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Any results tonight
    Weston 8-0

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    may have been closer if they trained, like NL1
    The whole NL1 vs. ZPL debate getting boring. Everyone knows NL1 is substandard across the board, as well as everyone knows that ZPL is full of very good players that have taken a step back commitment wise, or for other reasons. The best suggestion to rectify the NL1 issue is to have NPL1 and NPL2, 8 team competitions with teams playing each other 3 times.

ZPL clubs can always compete with NL1 clubs in the Cup, cause as mentioned NL1 isn’t up to scratch. But expecting ZPL clubs to compete with NPL clubs in the Cup is unrealistic, particularly when most ZPL clubs haven’t had their fields available the majority of the wettest preseason in memory. Most ZPL clubs don’t have the luxury of getting on Speers Point for training every other night, and have missed out on valuable playing time with washed out trials. I think a few years back when Cardiff ZPL knocked out Lake Macquarie NPL (correct me if I’m wrong?), Cardiff had a full pre-season and a couple of regular season fixtures under the belt for match fitness. Even last year I think Dudley ZPL acquitted themselves fairly well against Weston in the Cup, however they also had a decent pre-season and some league fixtures under the belt. I’d imagine all ZPL clubs will struggle against NPL teams this year, under the circumstances.
    Last edited by salmon; 13-04-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    The whole NL1 vs. ZPL debate getting boring. Everyone knows NL1 is substandard across the board, as well as everyone knows that ZPL is full of very good players that have taken a step back commitment wise, or for other reasons. The best suggestion to rectify the NL1 issue is to have NPL1 and NPL2, 8 team competitions with teams playing each other 3 times.

ZPL clubs can always compete with NL1 clubs in the Cup, cause as mentioned NL1 isn’t up to scratch. But expecting ZPL clubs to compete with NPL clubs in the Cup is unrealistic, particularly when most ZPL clubs haven’t had their fields available the majority of the wettest preseason in memory. Most ZPL clubs don’t have the luxury of getting on Speers Point for training every other night, and have missed out on valuable playing time with washed out trials. I think a few years back when Cardiff ZPL knocked out Lake Macquarie NPL (correct me if I’m wrong?), Cardiff had a full pre-season and a couple of regular season fixtures under the belt for match fitness. Even last year I think Dudley ZPL acquitted themselves fairly well against Weston in the Cup, however they also had a decent pre-season and some league fixtures under the belt. I’d imagine all ZPL clubs will struggle against NPL teams this year, under the circumstances.
    a boring response - as expected from ZPL players
    when you win blah blah blah, when you lose, we couldn't train, we didn't have fields, covid, shipping delays, elections, war in ukraine, have i missed any?

just saying there is good players in all comps, all age, o/35's etc, however not enough to make any comps of quality, npl this year is probably the worst it has been for years

yes it's a boring argument

a boring response - as expected from ZPL players
    when you win blah blah blah, when you lose, we couldn't train, we didn't have fields, covid, shipping delays, elections, war in ukraine, have i missed any?

just saying there is good players in all comps, all age, o/35's etc, however not enough to make any comps of quality, npl this year is probably the worst it has been for years

yes it's a boring argument
    Not a ZPL player mate, and you just sound deranged in your response. Keep up the good work champion.
    Last edited by salmon; 13-04-2022 at 12:43 PM.

Not a ZPL player mate, and you just sound deranged in your response. Keep up the good work champion.
    try my best

clearly not deranged,
    just offering legitimate reasons(excuses) for a 13-0 and 8-0 loss

try my best

clearly not deranged,
    just offering legitimate reasons(excuses) for a 13-0 and 8-0 loss
    Sure, responding to a reasonable post and countering by bringing up shipping delays and the war in Ukraine isn’t deranged at all…

Sure, responding to a reasonable post and countering by bringing up shipping delays and the war in Ukraine isn’t deranged at all…
    "particularly when most ZPL clubs haven’t had their fields available the majority of the wettest preseason in memory. Most ZPL clubs don’t have the luxury of getting on Speers Point for training every other night, and have missed out on valuable playing time with washed out trials"

HMMMMM! sounds like reasonable excuses i suppose

Hey all, how about we concentrate on the games played instead of who's better than who and the never ending debate, any team on there day has the potential to beat any other team, which has been proven before and will be proven again.

No excuses from CCFC, Olympic were to sharp, to quick, to clinical, yes it was not the score we would have liked but hey, we had some fun, sort of.......

Any result from Cessnock v Westlakes in Cup? Bottom of NL1 in recent years and apparently a team full kids v new comers in ZPL. It might add weight to NL1 v ZPL argument or just confuse it.

I don’t know if I’m just noticing it more or the cock measuring is truly at an all time high on every thread this year. It’s starting to rival Twitter

"particularly when most ZPL clubs haven’t had their fields available the majority of the wettest preseason in memory. Most ZPL clubs don’t have the luxury of getting on Speers Point for training every other night, and have missed out on valuable playing time with washed out trials"

HMMMMM! sounds like reasonable excuses i suppose
    You’re a goose mate

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Any result from Cessnock v Westlakes in Cup? Bottom of NL1 in recent years and apparently a team full kids v new comers in ZPL. It might add weight to NL1 v ZPL argument or just confuse it.
    Cessnock 5 Westlakes 1

They were decent with a mix of younger and older players.

We still had a lot of chances that we didn’t take so we were disappointed the gap was so big in the end.

As for the NL1 vs ZPL debate obviously we have only played Kotara on the weekend and they were pretty much the same as Cessnock maybe not as quick in transition. But we versed Suns in preseason and they were streets ahead of what Cessnock showed last night.

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    Cessnock 5 Westlakes 1

They were decent with a mix of younger and older players.

We still had a lot of chances that we didn’t take so we were disappointed the gap was so big in the end.

As for the NL1 vs ZPL debate obviously we have only played Kotara on the weekend and they were pretty much the same as Cessnock maybe not as quick in transition. But we versed Suns in preseason and they were streets ahead of what Cessnock showed last night.
    Good to know. It adds weight to the argument aside from NL and Belswans that NL1 is in a world of pain. Even more reason to make some tough decisions.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    half time score
    Cooks Hill 0 Belswans 1

now it Cooks Hill 1-1 Belswans

59 mins
    Cooks Hill 2 1 Belswans

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    59 mins
    Cooks Hill 2 1 Belswans
    Hey BM do you know any other results tonight