Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 2021 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

I guess the positive to take out of all of this is that Kurri didn’t win C grade……

Quote Originally Posted by Blindfreddy View Post
    I guess the positive to take out of all of this is that Kurri didn’t win C grade……
    How'd Charlestown D's finish up? Minor premiers?

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    How'd Charlestown D's finish up? Minor premiers?
    Let’s be serious super dynamo nobody cares about D grade…..

Quote Originally Posted by Blindfreddy View Post
    Let’s be serious super dynamo nobody cares about D grade…..
    I do. What's the talk around the water cooler? Happy birthday for the other day, too 🍺🎂

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    an email went to the clubs today stating that all games during this lockdown period are recorded as 0-0

so that's it, the regular season at least is over

can't see things improving enough for the finals

Can’t have a gf & no semi I thought?
    So if there’s to be a gf played there has to be semi’s played is what I understand?
    Unless someone can confirm top 2 go directly to a Gf?

https://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-...ION-D-2019.pdf

D 30 FIXTURES NOT PLAYED AS SCHEDULED

In the event of a washout in the Finals Series the following Rules shall apply:-:
    (a) Rule D 24 (d) and (e) shall apply.
    Notwithstanding any other Regulation on the same subject matter, the Competition
    Administrator of the Zone Association reserves the right to alter or amend any Fixture
    after it has been scheduled in the Official Fixture List. Such alterations could be to the
    date, venue, kick-off times or a combination of all, providing the Clubs involved are given
    a minimum of seventy-two (72) hours prior notice, wherever possible.
    The Competition Administrator of the Zone Association has the power to abandon any
    Fixture and organise any other Fixture if it deems such action necessary in the interests
    of the Finals Series Competition.
    (b) Efforts will be made by the Competition Administrator of the Zone Association to relocate or re-schedule washed out Finals Series Matches to a suitable alternative venue if
    the original venue is washed out.
    (c) In the event of a complete or major washout in any one set of Finals Series Fixtures, the
    Competition Administrators of the Zone Associations will seek to put the season back
    one (1) week IF THIS IS POSSIBLE.
    (d) If it is not possible to achieve any of the outcomes in D 30 (a), (b) or (c), the Competition
    Administrator of the Zone association shall declare the Finals Series Event for that
    Age/Grade to be CANCELLED.
    (e) In the event of the CANCELLATION of the SEMI-FINAL Matches, the FINALS round for the
    Age/Grade of those cancelled Matches will be set as:
     Team 1 will play Team 4 and Team 2 will play Team 3 (Team positions from the
    final competition points score ladder).
     The two Winners will proceed directly to the Grand Final whilst the two Losers
    are eliminated.
    (f) In the event of the CANCELLATION of the FINAL Matches, the GRAND FINAL round for
    the Age/Grade of the cancelled Match will be set as:
     Team 1 will play Team 2 (Team positions from the final competition points
    score ladder).
     The Winner will be declared the Grand Final Winner; the Loser will be declared
    the Grand Finalist (Grand Final Runner-Up).
    (g) In the event of the CANCELLATION of the GRAND FINAL Match, the Grand Final round for
    the Age/Grade of the cancelled Match shall be declared NULL AND VOID and the
    competition shall be declared COMPLETED. NO Grand Final Winner or Grand Finalist
    (Grand Final Runner-Up) shall be declared since no match has been played.

- All regular season games that are cancelled will be 0-0 draws
    - If semi final round is cancelled (20-22 Aug), it’ll be pushed back a week (played on 27-29 Aug) and format is 1v4, 2v3 straight knockout
    - If everything except grand final round (3rd-5th Sep) is cancelled, it’ll be 1v2

Quote Originally Posted by j_tez View Post
    - All regular season games that are cancelled will be 0-0 draws
    - If semi final round is cancelled (20-22 Aug), it’ll be pushed back a week (played on 27-29 Aug) and format is 1v4, 2v3 straight knockout
    - If everything except grand final round (3rd-5th Sep) is cancelled, it’ll be 1v2
    Pays to get top 2 after all

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    Pays to get top 2 after all
    Always pays, they have pushed everything back a week but this is very similar to the rules when washouts occur during finals

The seven day statewide lockdown from 5pm today takes next weekend out as well. Did hear if it got extended to take into account next weekend an possibly beyond they were going to call it.

I know that Argenton and TAFE have walls with painted on goals, are there any other grounds in Newy that have a kick wall? Or better yet, anywhere with goals and nets permanently set up? (Wishful thinking I know). Looking for somewhere good to go for a solo lockdown kick
    Last edited by j_tez; 15-08-2021 at 02:21 PM.

I know that Argenton and TAFE have walls with painted on goals, are there any other grounds in Newy that have a kick wall? Or better yet, anywhere with goals and nets permanently set up? (Wishful thinking I know). Looking for somewhere good to go for a solo lockdown kick
    Adamstown oval has a kick wall, right in the middle not far from the velodrome.

I've taken to using some tarp and some thin rope. (After i tried to source an affordable net, to no avail

Tie thin rope to the corners and even some holes along the middle.
    If you have a portable step ladder, can use that to tie and secure it. Otherwise, I normally attach it to some 2L milk carton filled with water or sand, or bricks, anything heavy. Lob them over and adjust the rope (should only have to do this once or twice to find perfect fit). Could probably use tent pegs too....

Haven't done it, but to train younger players can cut holes, or paint/draw some targets/keeper etc.

No replica for hitting a net. But it sure as shit offers some reward for hitting the target and not chasing your sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Adamstown oval has a kick wall, right in the middle not far from the velodrome.
    Adamstown also has goals permanently set up same with Myers Park and Mandalong

No point worrying about practice

lockdown is extended until 28 August, so there's a chance that we'll be all back open and able to play the Grand Finals on the 3/4/5 September weekend

just as there's a chance that people in South Western Sydney will obey the rules and we'll control this virus, then after that the Jets will win every game this season

I was at Croudace bay complex with my son for a run and a kick this arvo.

Multiple groups of young lads on the football and league pitches playing games..... just takes one of them to have it and it'll spread like wildfire again.

I don't see us getting out of this due to people just not doing the right thing.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

get your shots everyone

think we should make the Old Men on the Forum Cup preseason tournament for vaccinated players only

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I was at Croudace bay complex with my son for a run and a kick this arvo.

Multiple groups of young lads on the football and league pitches playing games..... just takes one of them to have it and it'll spread like wildfire again.

I don't see us getting out of this due to people just not doing the right thing.
    Maybe so, But all the data has suggested transmission very low risk outdoors. More so these young lads possibly going to each other's houses, that's where the true risks are.
    I guess my big one is football going forward in 2022. Seriously I think we can put a line through 2021. Queensland have only just started community sport back up now and they haven't had cases for 2 weeks I believe.

But what about 2022, The government has suggested Covid19 is here to stay and there goal is 80% vaccination rate. Once that figure is achieved the country will open up to few restrictions like what has happened in the UK and US, although there current vaccination rate is around 50%.

So what does this mean? Covid19 will be around like the flu. How will this effect community sport given there are players, supporters and officials of all ages involved that can all catch something that potentially could kill the unvaccinated and the vulnerable?? Could be a serious question?