Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Do you know there were only 6 teams that nominated for c grade or above
    Rumour or fact?
    I guess the association needs to basically run of previous performances. At the end of the day they can't waste too much time on over 35 gradings, get on with the football. There has only been one round

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Rumour or fact?
    I guess the association needs to basically run of previous performances. At the end of the day they can't waste too much time on over 35 gradings, get on with the football. There has only been one round
    Yeah that’s right and there’s always going to be teams that are there for a social kick and a beer and teams that just want that shiny plastic medal with a pretty ribbon on it.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    I understand that, but it's over 35 football. Outside of A and B grade It should be basically social football, shouldn't it? If there are guys that are still competitive up until their early 40's then maybe they should play lower grade zone league.

It cracks me up that people get over competitive about mid range over 35 football???
    Mate it’s over 35 football no matter the grade, it should all be social. If you are in a grade and to a lesser extent b grade there’s a fare chance it isn’t your first season of football. Grown men playing a game should be able to police themselves. I’m sorry but if you are playing o35s and treat it like a trial season for the olyRoos squad I’m sorry but I’ve got some bad news for you.

Any bloke that goes out there and acts like a dick should be told by his teammates to pull his head in

End of the day we are all playing to win when out there. Yes the different levels of football means different styles of competitiveness. So to say were out there not to be competitive i believe isn't the right words. As thats why we play sport (or we should just skip the sport and go to the beers)

But i do agree it is social so we can still be competitive and not carry on like a knob head while playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    End of the day we are all playing to win when out there. Yes the different levels of football means different styles of competitiveness. So to say were out there not to be competitive i believe isn't the right words. As thats why we play sport (or we should just skip the sport and go to the beers)

But i do agree it is social so we can still be competitive and not carry on like a knob head while playing.
    No one goes out to lose but to be honest if it means it ruins your weekend or you go home and kick the dog you probably have bigger issues. Playing a game I would say we all still love (why else would we put ourselves through it, I’m 48 and still hurting from last sat) and kicking blokes and making dangerous tackles and just plain carrying on like a ****wit are completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    No one goes out to lose but to be honest if it means it ruins your weekend or you go home and kick the dog you probably have bigger issues. Playing a game I would say we all still love (why else would we put ourselves through it, I’m 48 and still hurting from last sat) and kicking blokes and making dangerous tackles and just plain carrying on like a ****wit are completely different things.
    Completely agree, i spend half the time out the laughing at my own team and myself, but i am out there to win.

as soon as that full time whistle is done its over and i can't wait to crack the beer

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    here's hoping there's not too many dickheads in over 35 C grade this season

one or two rash challenges from one bloke for Kurri - told to pull his head in by both sides

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    here's hoping there's not too many dickheads in over 35 C grade this season

one or two rash challenges from one bloke for Kurri - told to pull his head in by both sides
    Ditto.

Off to Kurri tomorrow night at 8pm. Hopefully no rash challenges from either team.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

good luck - they're a solid team with a gun up front (who incidentally has his own party at the back)

actually it's more a mo-hawk than mullet - either way it's a godawful haircut

Anyone know what colour kit Simba wear? We're playing them at their ground tomorrow and I'm wary of a kit clash tomorrow. I know it's their responsibility to change in the event of a kit clash but if they play in white I might just bring the away kit with me anyway to make things easy

Hbmk

Quote Originally Posted by j_tez View Post
    Anyone know what colour kit Simba wear? We're playing them at their ground tomorrow and I'm wary of a kit clash tomorrow. I know it's their responsibility to change in the event of a kit clash but if they play in white I might just bring the away kit with me anyway to make things easy
    Hey, can you please let Michael King know that I said happy birthday. Ps. Simba wear white

bottom of the table clash in o35C tonight

Dudley 1 Cooks Hill 2

0-3 down against Kurri.
    They came out real hard and fast from the start.
    Some quality up front that made life very interesting for our backs all game.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Played at Mayfield Park last night, and honestly had the best referee in the history of me playing football here locally. It was A Grade and of course a physical and competitive game, but both teams played so fair and allowed for a tight contest. It's amazing what good officiating can do to a game.

That's lovely mate

Tough game for Kurri v Valentine. They're not a bad side, but never really looked like scoring. Something that'll stop them competing for the 4

2-2 KS vs Toronto in O35/C. Their midfield ran rampant and had us under the pump for most of the game, we somehow had a 2-1 lead late and then gave away a late pen (which reduced us to 10 men) to even it up.

Pretty niggly game, lots of chat/angry blokes (particularly Toronto’s 14 in the midfield, didn’t shut up and was into everyone all game must’ve been a shit week at work for him or something!) and some rash challenges on both sides - the worst probably being the NRL style flop on our keeper which has resulted in 2 fractured vertebrae and the next 6 weeks in a neck brace 🤬

9 times out of 10 Toronto would probably have won a game like that, we were scrambling defensively a lot and it was a good challenge from that point of view but it was also one of those games were I wonder why the **** am I running around at shitsville at 9pm on a Friday night 🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Disinterested Bystander View Post
    the worst probably being the NRL style flop on our keeper which has resulted in 2 fractured vertebrae and the next 6 weeks in a neck brace 🤬
    This is the sort of shit where people need to get over themselves.

We all have work to go to the next day, even at NewFM or NPL level there is no need to go in stupid with the intent of hurting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Disinterested Bystander View Post
    2-2 KS vs Toronto in O35/C. Their midfield ran rampant and had us under the pump for most of the game, we somehow had a 2-1 lead late and then gave away a late pen (which reduced us to 10 men) to even it up.

Pretty niggly game, lots of chat/angry blokes (particularly Toronto’s 14 in the midfield, didn’t shut up and was into everyone all game must’ve been a shit week at work for him or something!) and some rash challenges on both sides - the worst probably being the NRL style flop on our keeper which has resulted in 2 fractured vertebrae and the next 6 weeks in a neck brace 🤬

9 times out of 10 Toronto would probably have won a game like that, we were scrambling defensively a lot and it was a good challenge from that point of view but it was also one of those games were I wonder why the **** am I running around at shitsville at 9pm on a Friday night 🤦*♂️
    I would have expected teammates to stand up for their keeper? The grub would have copped it if I was playing

Valo 2-1 over Dudley.
    Horrible game that no one will look back on with good memories.
    We couldn’t pass the ball or hold on to possession in the first half, Dudley couldn’t in the second.

In all fairness Dudley should have had the game wrapped up by half time but were only up 1-0.

In the end it turned into a very niggly game with some pretty ordinary tackles that definitely made me wonder why I wasn’t out having a beer instead of playing football on a Friday night.