Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2021 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    where would this have come from?
    All Chinese whispers, someone told me that their club had it sent to them by Macquarie Football. His wife is on the committee for the club. It never sounded right even the bit about just needing to take photos and send it into Macquarie to prove that the grounds really were washed out but thought someone on here would know for certain if it had come through.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    nothing in my club's email - not that we're part of Macquarie

There was the AGM last night and consultation night on tonight - maybe it's being discussed there

nothing in my club's email - not that we're part of Macquarie

There was the AGM last night and consultation night on tonight - maybe it's being discussed there
    Thanks, I would suspect it would apply to all ID clubs not just a rule for Macquarie.

But do you mind letting me know if it is discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    All Chinese whispers, someone told me that their club had it sent to them by Macquarie Football. His wife is on the committee for the club. It never sounded right even the bit about just needing to take photos and send it into Macquarie to prove that the grounds really were washed out but thought someone on here would know for certain if it had come through.
    We are a Macquarie club and we haven't seen any emails with that sort of content.

How do you take photos to prove a wash out. Our pitch on Friday last week was like a swamp after solid rain, but there is no way you can document that in a photo.

End of the day, Macquarie clubs answer to the council in the management of our pitches. The member Zones have no right to be able to call a pitch on, or pressure games to be on with the threat of no catchups.

I highly doubt this has even been discussed with some of the stuff going on behind the scenes at the moment.

Whispers started from Premier Clubs. Northern want video or an independent NNSWF rep or match official to check. 1st grade washouts only.
    Nothing to do with Macquarie or the Joint Zones.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    How do you take photos to prove a wash out. Our pitch on Friday last week was like a swamp after solid rain, but there is no way you can document that in a photo.

End of the day, Macquarie clubs answer to the council in the management of our pitches. The member Zones have no right to be able to call a pitch on, or pressure games to be on with the threat of no catchups.

I highly doubt this has even been discussed with some of the stuff going on behind the scenes at the moment.
    I suspected it may have been bogus I spoke to the person who told me about this and they are now suspecting that it may have been peddled because the person who told them wasn't happy with the amount of ground closures that happened last year and may be putting some doubts in the minds of the group that closes the ground at their club

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPanther View Post
    Whispers started from Premier Clubs. Northern want video or an independent NNSWF rep or match official to check. 1st grade washouts only.
    Nothing to do with Macquarie or the Joint Zones.
    Well that would make sense, ID and Zone clubs just play most committees don't care just let all games play if they can. But certainly seen NPL clubs call out grounds when they know they are short of the stronger 1st grade players.

I suspected it may have been bogus I spoke to the person who told me about this and they are now suspecting that it may have been peddled because the person who told them wasn't happy with the amount of ground closures that happened last year and may be putting some doubts in the minds of the group that closes the ground at their club
    Ground closures suck. I actually find wet weather the most stressful thing about the football season.

I don't think anyone in community football closes a pitch for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Ground closures suck. I actually find wet weather the most stressful thing about the football season.

I don't think anyone in community football closes a pitch for the fun of it.
    Indeed, obviously people have different opinions as to what level a ground should be closed and some are happy for a muddy pitch while others would rather close a pitch open to a lot of damage one weekend to ensure the rest of the season has a serviceable field.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I don't think anyone ever wants to call a game off, and no one ever thanks you for it

it's shit having to call your own game off, which I've had to do a few times

there's also the catch up games which are a royal pain in the arse for all involved in the running of a club

so the idea that over 35 D grade calling grounds of because they only had the bare eleven that week is a bit ridiculous - not that I haven't suspected other clubs of doing just that

I don't think anyone ever wants to call a game off, and no one ever thanks you for it

it's shit having to call your own game off, which I've had to do a few times

there's also the catch up games which are a royal pain in the arse for all involved in the running of a club

so the idea that over 35 D grade calling grounds of because they only had the bare eleven that week is a bit ridiculous - not that I haven't suspected other clubs of doing just that
    Considering most of us play with the bare 11 each week, I’m doubtful that happens regularly.
    Or am I overly optimistic?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

I have watched a few O35 games but a duty officer told me leave one game because I was running up and down the sideline with my shirt off yahooing