Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An entity owned and controlled by a consortium of existing APL club investors OUT!!!!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

An entity owned and controlled by a consortium of existing APL club investors OUT!!!!

it's time to go "an entity owned and controlled by a consortium of existing APL club investors, who will operate the licence on an interim basis until a new investor is secured"

The Entity is a discrace.
    Haven't won a game since The Entity been in charge.
    Won't re-sign Griff.
    Still sells mid strength piss.
    Worst owner we've ever had and worst Entity we've ever had any association with.

Discuss:

"The Entity" has a wonderfully malevolent I'm-going-to-destroy-the-world vibe to it.

No Victory shaped hats.
    No City shaped hats.
    No Wanderers shaped hats.
    No Red shaped hats.
    No FC shaped hats.

As the last team in the door what ****ing hope do we have.
    The entity has failed us.

Time to break free from this lot and form our own league.

What jersey am I supposed to wear to the game on friday. Not sure if its Jets, Syd FC, WSW or Western United.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    "The Entity" has a wonderfully malevolent I'm-going-to-destroy-the-world vibe to it.
    I'm so glad they used that word

all hail, The Entity!

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    What jersey am I supposed to wear to the game on friday. Not sure if its Jets, Syd FC, WSW or Western United.
    If your looking to get a start with Carl at the Wanderers wear a Jets Jersey

Does this mean Laurie is gone

I'll put this here especially for Couscous...

BREAKING
    JANUARY 4 2021 - 2:35PM
    Newcastle Jets owner Martin Lee stripped of franchise licence
    Robert Dillon

MARTIN Lee has effectively been sacked as Newcastle Jets owner and the club will be taken over, for an interim period, by a consortium of other A-League investors.

Football Australia, in conjunction with Australian Professional Leagues, announced on Monday "the immediate termination of the A-League and Westfield W-League licence held by Newcastle Jets Club Pty Limited (ACN 602 270 664)".
    ADVERTISING

The statement said the termination was "based on the entity's failure to pay its debts as and when they were due, which placed it in material breach of the Club Participation Agreement".

It did not specify how much money the Jets owed.

The statement said a new licence would be issued "to an entity owned and controlled by a consortium of existing APL club investors, who will operate the licence on an interim basis until a new investor is secured. The Newcastle Jets will continue to participate in APL competitions and current players of the Newcastle Jets will be offered contracts with the new entity."

Football Australia CEO James Johnson said Lee had "been given every opportunity to rectify the club's financial situation and continue as the owner and operator of the licence or to sell the club to another investor.

"The company's concurrent financial position however, left no other choice but to terminate the licence."

IN OTHER NEWS:

Jets CEO Lawrie McKinna revealed recently that Lee had not "put one penny into the club" since October 2019.

Lee bought the Jets four years ago and is estimated to have invested $15 million in the club, including a licence fee of around $5 million.

But the Chinese businessman encountered unforeseen financial difficulties and has been trying to seel the Jets for the past two years.

Johnson said there were "clear failings to adequately capitalise Newcastle Jets FC to meet the minimum requirements set to run an A-League and Westfield W-League club, and to operate a company in accordance with Australian law".

He described Newcastle and Northern NSW as a "heartland of Australian football".

MORE ON THE JETS:

W-League: Jets 'disappointed' to miss points first up against Wanderers
    Sporting Declaration: A little clarity from Football Australia might go a long way
    Newcastle Jets ready to strike a blow
    The APL - formed from a collective of club owners - formally took over running the A-League last Thursday when Football Australia announced the "unbundling" of its professional competitions.

APL head Paul Lederer, who also owns Western Sydney Wanderers, insisted at last week's announcement that the Jets were a crucial part of the competition who would be part of the A-League "hopefully forever".

APL Commissioner, Mr Greg O'Rourke, said the APL takeover was "an ideal outcome" for the Jets and the code.

"Newcastle is a vibrant footballing region with a long and proud history in the game and we are delighted that the Newcastle Jets will continue to participate in the APL," he said.

It will be the fourth change of ownership in the Jets' history, after the club was previously bankrolled by Con Constantine, Nathan Tinkler, and, briefly, the governing body.
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Does this mean Laurie is gone
    That's my question, what's happening with Lawrie given there is a new Executive Chairman Shane Mattiske? I'm guessing Lawrie is either gone or possibly moved into another position as they wouldn't be putting this guy forward given his CV to do a minor role

I like The Entity too.
    Can we also rename the stadium to something like... dunno... Death Star?

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I like The Entity too.
    Can we also rename the stadium to something like... dunno... Death Star?
    Too direct. Would need to be something like "the laundry"

Gary "The entity" Van Egmond

GVE as coach, Bloke is hoping for more comebacks than Farnsey

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    That's my question, what's happening with Lawrie given there is a new Executive Chairman Shane Mattiske? I'm guessing Lawrie is either gone or possibly moved into another position as they wouldn't be putting this guy forward given his CV to do a minor role
    I'm guessing people don't have Herald subs....

The new owners moved quickly to appoint Shane Mattiske, a former NRL general manager of strategic projects who in 2012 was acting CEO for the 13-man code, as executive chairman.

"It's not a short-term commitment," Mattiske said.

"Now that they [APL] have made this commitment, they can put the club in a position where, in time, they can start to look at whether there are interested parties who would like to become involved in ownership of the club moving forward.

"The first thing was just making sure the club is secure, and that's what has happened today ... we do understand that there are interested parties.

"But the immediate focus was making sure that the cloud surrounding the club's future was removed. That's happened, and it's a very positive step."

He said the consortium intended to invest in the club "and make sure it has the resources it needs to succeed".

APL are eager to retain incumbent CEO McKinna, although his situation is understood to be complicated because he was a director of the company Lee formed to buy the Jets.

"We'd love to have Lawrie involved," Mattiske said.

Mattiske said APL recognised that the Jets had "untapped potential" and were confident the Novocastrian faithful would rally behind their team.

"There is no question that the future success of the Jets will rely heavily on the support of the local community and I look forward to working closely with the many passionate supporters of this great club," he said.

"The club needs all its supporters to stand up and strongly get behind their team. We thank all those that have supported the club through the recent period of uncertainty."
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

We'd love to have Lawrie involved bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

I'd really love to see you again trash chick I picked up when the ugly lights hit at Fanny's.

I'd really love to donate to your charity just lemme hit you back later on with my card details.

Jesus some of you people.

They dont want him.The statement to the herald is just to give him a soothing pat on the way out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    I'd really love to see you again trash chick I picked up when the ugly lights hit at Fanny's.
    Just had a horrible 1980's flashback...
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

So basically we are owned by the entity which is headed by the owner of the club that's stealing our best players.

How could that possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    So basically we are owned by The Entity which is headed by the owner of the club that's stealing our best players.

How could that possibly go wrong?
    Fixed that for you.

Settkle down all, this is move is exciting.

Fixed that for you.