Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/21 AL MD2 |Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney | Fri 08/01/21

20/21 AL MD2 |Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney | Fri 08/01/21

A-League 2020/21 Match day 2 Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney Wanderers

FIXTURE FACTS
    Overall – 23 fixtures between the two teams. Of this, the teams have met on 23 occasions in the A-League and on 0 occasions in the FFA Cup.
    Jets Wins - 8, Wanderers Wins - 8, Drawn - 7

In Newcastle – 11 matches.
    Jets Wins - 3, Wanderers Wins - 5, Drawn - 3
    In Sydney - 12 matches
    Jets Wins - 5, Wanderers Wins - 3, Drawn - 4

Average Home A-League Crowd – 12886
    Average Away A-League Crowd - 10564

Goals in Fixture
    Jets – 34, Wanderers - 31
    In Newcastle -
    Jets – 14, Wanderers - 16

1st Goals in Fixture
    Jets – 8, Wanderers - 15

Cards in Fixture
    Jets - 42 (40 yellow, 2 red), Wanderers 32 (32 yellow, 0 red)

Last Result -
    Newcastle Jets 1 (Millar 74') - Western Sydney Wanderers 1 (Duke 5' pen) at Bankwest Stadium, A-League, Round 19, Season 2019/20

Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2019/20 Match day 19
    Newcastle Jets Western Sydney Wanderers
    Lewis Italiano Daniel Lopar
    Matthew Millar Patrick Ziegler
    John Koutroumbis Dylan McGowan
    Nigel Boogaard Matthew Jurman
    Nikolai Topor-Stanley Daniel Georgievski
    Bobby Burns Keanu Baccus
    Angus Thurgate Pirmin Schwegler
    Steven Ugarkovic Bruce Kamau
    Dimitri Petratos Nicolai Muller
    Roy O'Donovan Simon Cox
    Abdiel Arroyo Mitchell Duke
    Jason Hoffman Mohamed Adam
    Nick Fitzgerald Kwame Yeboah
    Kosta Petratos Tate Russell

FIXTURE RECORDS

Biggest Win
    Jets 5 (D Petratos 18', Hoffman 22', O'Donovan 45+2', Ridenton 49', O'Donovan 59' pen) – Wanderers 1 (Duke 69'), Round 17, Season 2018/19 at McDonald Jones Stadium, 1/2/2019.

Heaviest Defeat
    Jets 0 – Wanderers 3 (Bridge 6’, 33’, Visconte 80’), Round 27, Season 2012/13 at Hunter Stadium, 29/03/2013 & Jets 0 - Wanderers 3 (Corthwaite 40', Sotirio 42', Corthwaite 50'), Round 25, Season 2016/17 at Hunter Stadium, 1/4/2017.

Leading Scorers in fixture –

Jets - Dimitri Petratos (4)
    Wanderers - Mark Bridge (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

We'll ship at least 8.
    Uga to play 2nd half for WSW as we trade him at the half.
    Johnny K becomes our new midfield general. Destiny complete. Ill cheer the loudest.

Bought the tickets, just to:
    - boo the Welch
    - witness the annihilation of Ibini, at the hands (better, studs) of Boogs and Topor.

We'll lose big. Who cares. There's still no relegation.

So want Boogs to do this.......

Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    So want Boogs to do this.......

I want him to do it twice

wouldn't mind a bit of this action either

https://mcdonaldjonesstadium.com/new...19-information

All patrons from the identified hot spots, including the Northern Zone of the Northern Beaches and selected postcodes in Western Sydney, will not be permitted to attend. Those who have purchased tickets will be refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    https://mcdonaldjonesstadium.com/new...19-information

All patrons from the identified hot spots, including the Northern Zone of the Northern Beaches and selected postcodes in Western Sydney, will not be permitted to attend. Those who have purchased tickets will be refunded.
    Thank f$%k for that

How they gonna check?

Quote Originally Posted by GANALAAA View Post
    How they gonna check?
    Sniffer dogs.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Think western sydney fans are still gonna try and attend going off twitter and facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Think western sydney fans are still gonna try and attend going off twitter and facebook
    Then it’s finally time to blow up the Hawkesbury river bridges.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I would love to go, but between my lack of faith in the Jets to actually keep the WSW idiots from coming in and the covidiots from sydney not giving a shit about the restrictions for travel anyway, I can't risk my job over it. The jerks have ruined enough of my mental state without needing them ****ing with my real life.

Carl can get his hateful reception for years to come, no need to panic over this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I would love to go, but between my lack of faith in the Jets to actually keep the WSW idiots from coming in and the covidiots from sydney not giving a shit about the restrictions for travel anyway, I can't risk my job over it. The jerks have ruined enough of my mental state without needing them ****ing with my real life.

Carl can get his hateful reception for years to come, no need to panic over this one.
    Read somewhere that it was based on the postcode entered when buying tickets. Any with a “hot spot” postcode would be canceled and refunded.
    The cricket “will have police checking identifications on entry”. Doubt it will be enforceable. Doubt it will be implemented at an a league game. Maybe at the away gate.

There ain’t any travel restrictions though. Anybody, except for northern beach north side is allowed to travel within NSW.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

That's where I am at ass well. I have a ticket, but I am now in two minds because I can't jeopardise my health, my family or my job.

I am seeing on Twitter that a number of WSW fans will be travelling - this makes me less likely to want to go.

Venues NSW are recommending that all those attending wear masks.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Of course we're all free to do what we think is best for ourselves and our families.

But some levity here.....and note I work in the respiratory sector and have access to data.

Anyone from that area could have come up to this region during the Christmas break anyway and will continue to do so.

There has not been a case in the Hunter for 152 days and that is with people freely coming and going. Trust the contact tracing system which is working well. There will be outbreaks for another 18 months at least. Flu and common cold have not been eradicated, this won't be either. Active cases are not ramping up. This is not the UK or USA.

There are only 2 people in hospital in the country (not counting the 16 active cases in Qld where it is compulsory to wait in hospital). None in ICU - so there are 5000 units not being used.

There have been 2 deaths since 25th October.

There will be adequate social distancing at the stadium and if you are that worried wear a mask. Honest, don't fall for the mainstream media spin.

Highly recommend this site - https://www.covid19data.com.au/

The world has gone absolutely nuts. Crankiethorp making the typical pollie media circus of this today doesn't help.

I'm going this week without fear but if it is a right pain in the arse getting there (ticketing has been to start with) I'm giving it the flick until there is some normality.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 07-01-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Of course we're all free to do what we think is best for ourselves and our families.

But some levity here.....and note I work in the respiratory sector and have access to data.

Anyone from that area could have come up to this region during the Christmas break anyway and will continue to do so.

There has not been a case in the Hunter for 152 days and that is with people freely coming and going. Trust the contact tracing system which is working well. There will be outbreaks for another 18 months at least. Flu and common cold have not been eradicated, this won't be either. Active cases are not ramping up. This is not the UK or USA.

There are only 2 people in hospital in the country (not counting the 16 active cases in Qld where it is compulsory to wait in hospital). None in ICU - so there are 5000 units not being used.

There have been 2 deaths since 25th October.

There will be adequate social distancing at the stadium and if you are that worried wear a mask. Honest, don't fall for the mainstream media spin.

Highly recommend this site - https://www.covid19data.com.au/

The world has gone absolutely nuts. Crankiethorp making the typical pollie media circus of this today doesn't help.

I'm going this week without fear but if it is a right pain in the arse getting there (ticketing has been to start with) I'm giving it the flick until there is some normality.
    Thanks JM

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Thanks JM
    See ya when I see ya mate - take care.

Agree with JM. There’s an awful lot of media beat up overdramatising things.

I don’t like this approach of just telling postcodes in western Sydney not to attend. It’s creating a lot of problems imo.
    Does anybody know if there are any seating restrictions in place?

A better approach would be to split the ground into areas, like they did with MCG. Prevent movement between areas. Designate WSW fans to certain areas. Limit the interaction within the ground and facilities. If there are serious concerns, they should implement something along these lines.
    I think it’s irresponsible to elicit fear, by restricting postcodes and asking them not to attend, when there’s no 100% foolproof way to enforce this.

NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard announced the state would make masks mandatory for spectators at all large sporting events, including A-league matches.

Mr Hazzard said the decision was based on health advice and the rule would be introduced "in the next day or two".
    From the ABC - looks like you'll need a mask if you go.