Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/21 AL MD2 |Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney | Fri 08/01/21

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    ... when there’s no 100% foolproof way to enforce this.
    Given there's no 100% foolproof way to stop people speeding when driving i wish they'd give up with the speed traps too...

I wholly respect everybody's right to engage in whatever risk taking behavior they feel comfortable doing.
    I also have no confidence that the level of intelligence in the general population is always high enough to guarantee community safety for all.
    Unfortunately most times we have to acknowledge worst case scenario is always a possibility.

25 cases in Western Sydney.

How many of them are Wanderers fans, how many of them will travel?

Your chances of catching it are currently 0.00116%.

We have to live with this thing another 18 months and can't live in a bubble all that time. Yes there is risk.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 07-01-2021 at 02:14 PM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

We have to live with this thing another 18 months and can't live in a bubble all that time. Yes there is risk.
    This. Doona brigade and bed wetters can move to QLD and Anna can tell them everyday how she saved them from a worldwide pandemic.

Anyways back to Fri night. Lose , Carl , Kenny and Princess Ibini to give us the big *uck U's as they disappear up the tunnel.

0-4 by halftime.
    Last edited by 380; 07-01-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Well that's me done too - mandatory mask wearing.

I'll wait till this is over.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Nah just sit there with a straw in your mouth the entire time in readiness to take a sip of drink.

Watching the cricket and most masks are hanging on an ear or around the chin.

Yeah....but you know what our seccos are like.

Mate I understand what you're saying but we've seen in the UK, UK, Brazil, etc what happens when its not taken seriously enough. The reason it's low here is because we crack down as soon as community cases become apparent to make sure it doesnt spread. If thats whats required to make sure the elderly and vulnerable dont catch it and die gasping for air Im all for the current strategy. This is without even taking into account the long lasting effects that some are reporting even with the "milder" cases who've recovered.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Mate I understand what you're saying but we've seen in the UK, UK, Brazil, etc what happens when its not taken seriously enough. The reason it's low here is because we crack down as soon as community cases become apparent to make sure it doesnt spread. If thats whats required to make sure the elderly and vulnerable dont catch it and die gasping for air Im all for the current strategy. This is without even taking into account the long lasting effects that some are reporting even with the "milder" cases who've recovered.
    Also appreciate what you are saying Furns, as you speak like many in the community. I am in the industry and I do have medical reports on full recoveries in the US and UK of serious cases, including a 101 yo lady who had a chest full of phlegm. It is not a death sentence for all in that demographic, just higher risk. We have the ability to cure and are doing it in huge numbers worldwide, unfortunately this is not getting airtime, try as we might. When did you see a "recovery story" in the media, such as that old lady.

A killer virus is nothing new, just our management of it, hopefully we will all learn something from this.

Anyway - back to the football. Who is actually going?

Think that further proves that government action is effective. Even what we deem ineffective (Victoria outbreak) is still an amazing result compared to worldwide.

I guess making sure people are adequately informed by the correct sources in government and official health statements. While there’s nothing wrong with being careful, there’s a fine line between cautious and spreading hysteria.

Each to their own.
    If an individual is around vulnerable people or doesn’t wish to engage in the risk, good for them.
    But I don’t think there should be judgement on those that choose to participate in events deemed legal or within the government advice.

May be wrong, but I think part of JM’s point is, the way media broadcast the clusters in Sydney makes it seem like 25 of the 30 people that live in western Sydney have the virus. Part of making a decision is getting information.

Also appreciate what you are saying Furns, as you speak like many in the community. I am in the industry and I do have medical reports on full recoveries in the US and UK of serious cases, including a 101 yo lady who had a chest full of phlegm. It is not a death sentence for all in that demographic, just higher risk. We have the ability to cure and are doing it in huge numbers worldwide, unfortunately this is not getting airtime, try as we might. When did you see a "recovery story" in the media, such as that old lady.

A killer virus is nothing new, just our management of it, hopefully we will all learn something from this.

Anyway - back to the football. Who is actually going?
    The potential of catching it is only part, and a small part, of my concern. I can manage myself and put in place the controls to reduce infection potential.

My primary concern is that if someone attends who later tests positive and I have to isolate for 14 days, it affects my work and my wife's work as well. We both work for essential services - my actions could affect those businesses, so I think I need to put others ahead of myself on this occasion - as crap as it is to miss out on the game. It is really a head vs heart thing for me. Going to the games are something I love doing.

But I know those that attend will be supporting the team at the ground just as I will be from afar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Each to their own.
    If an individual is around vulnerable people or doesn’t wish to engage in the risk, good for them.
    But I don’t think there should be judgement on those that choose to participate in events deemed legal or within the government advice.
    This is how I feel. Nicely put, Brem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I may have to close this forum down. This pleasant discourse and acceptance of others views just isnt what I expect from this website

People saying its only 20-30 cases, etc
    That's known confirmed cases, who knows what the actual numbers are... (not me)

Western Sydney is basically a series of different migrant enclaves where english is not the predominant language spoken, a fair chunk probably still don't know anything about it.

Look at the testing numbers differences between Berala and the northern suburbs.
    tests.jpg
    https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/find...ng-by-postcode

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...break/13034292
    Cumberland City Council issued letters on Tuesday to more than 240,000 residents with NSW Health advice translated into 10 languages.
    The letters are expected to arrive via Australia Post by Friday.

a 101 yo lady who had a chest full of phlegm.
    I'd be willing to sign her provided we can see an MRI of her knees first. Can't be any worse than some of the other imports we have signed in the past.

Pros of attending game. Get to watch crappy football and hurl abuse at people paid to be mediocre at football and Carl.

Cons of attending. I could lose my job if I have to quarantine and the company takes a dim view of attending a large gathering during a worldwide pandemic.

When the alternative to that risk is sitting comfy at home with extra money in pocket and cheaper full strength beer within arm's reach. Pretty simple decision. Jets can wait another month once numbers are back down to zero for a period again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Prob go this time, there are thousands of scum from sydney between Swansea and Nelson Bay at the moment so more chance of catching it a bunnings or more likely Dan Murphy
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'd be willing to sign her provided we can see an MRI of her knees first. Can't be any worse than some of the other imports we have signed in the past.
    Nonna vs The Puddle. The match up we've been waiting for.

Simon Hill ground announcer how good

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Simon Hill ground announcer how good
    Wow. Does fox mute the sound everytime they hear him? Maybe that's why they missed the Wellington goal last weekend - they spotted him in the background and cut the camera feed.