Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20/21 AL MD4 |Newcastle Jets v Brisbane Roar| Wed 20/01/21

This can go one of two ways.

GvE season 2 or Stubbins season 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Lololololol, “handball after a defender has controlled the ball, is a foul everywhere on the field, except in the penalty area” (quoting fox not outsider FYI).
    How silly.
    That’s like saying hacking a player from behind is a foul everywhere, except in the box.

also makes me chuckle that Andy Harper wants like 10 minutes extra time every game.
    I'm with Harper. We are becoming like rugby. 50 minutes of football played in 90 minutes.

I would love to see a subs clock. As soon as the number is flashed up the named player has 15 seconds to get off the field. If they aren't off, the game restarts and the named player can't touch the ball and the substitute can't come on until they are off. There would be a lot of miraculous curing of cramps and a lot less hugging the opposition on the way off.

You know, I don’t think we are THAT much worse than the teams we are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I'm with Harper. We are becoming like rugby. 50 minutes of football played in 90 minutes.

I would love to see a subs clock. As soon as the number is flashed up the named player has 15 seconds to get off the field. If they aren't off, the game restarts and the named player can't touch the ball and the substitute can't come on until they are off. There would be a lot of miraculous curing of cramps and a lot less hugging the opposition on the way off.

Good example of time wasting is when old mate went down with a head injury.
    He was a metre away from the goal line. Take him off there. Why walk him 50 metres to the sideline....
    ref should be enforcing that. Also what happened to subs being made to exit the field at the nearest sideline?

Goal kick timers would also be interesting. Add in the 6 seconds. Is that even a rule anymore?
    When I reffed I tried to always count out a keepers goal kicks early in the game. If they took say 20 seconds from ball in hands to actually kicking, and then with 5 to go they take 45 seconds, I had a pretty solid reason. Likewise if a player complained, I could offer “he took 20 seconds in the first minute and nobody complained, and 20 seconds here”.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 20-01-2021 at 09:05 PM.

1st half: actually making some chances from through balls!
    2nd half:
    Brisbane change to a back three.
    Deans doesn't notice???
    Through balls stop working... I would imagine we actually need a target man, if all we're going to do is ping crosses in from this point...

Except we let in more goals than we score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Deans has no plan B.

Every kick off, load one side of the pitch, play it back to, typically, Topor who hoofs it long and we lose it.

Brisbane go to 1 forward up front, we keep 3 centre backs to mark him.

If deans gets the gig, he needs to be brave and make decisions on the fly and adapt, otherwise it’s Stubbins 2.0.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Please fold the club.
    There's no point wasting time and resources on this shitfest.
    Honestly, I'm totally fine with losing every game this year so long as we stay afloat until after the gypos fold. That's all I care about. Once they fold i'm quite happy to wait until a second division so we can start again, get away from that terrible stadium and build a proper football club again. BUT I do not want to give those filthy caravan lovers the joy of outlasting us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Deans has no plan B.

Every kick off, load one side of the pitch, play it back to, typically, Topor who hoofs it long and we lose it.

Brisbane go to 1 forward up front, we keep 3 centre backs to mark him.

If deans gets the gig, he needs to be brave and make decisions on the fly and adapt, otherwise it’s Stubbins 2.0.
    Deans doesn't want the gig, he already said so. So we can't complain about what he is doing, especially given this is the weakest squad we've ever witnessed as a club, in my opinion.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Deans = best gig ever, gets to be head coach, no one expects him to win a game!

FFS... can Dimi organise another payday for his brothers again too please? at least if we had some local kids in, it would be development.

It wasn’t that bad a game to watch. Roy missed one gilt edged chance and DWH made the most of a half chance.
    I’m disappointed in the result but for anyone calling for the club to fold you can stop watching anytime and take your negativity elsewhere.

We’re probably playing the wrong style of attacking approaches for the striker we have and have had some unlucky deflections. I think Andy Harper called it well tonight when he said that Boogs needed to go forward as the target man.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

We loosing since MFKS has been banned... Bring back the Member....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

jeez, didn't realise being negative gets you cancelled now too!
    Can i still drink?

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    We loosing since MFKS has been banned... Bring back the Member....
    We all know it's true. Make it happen.

The only thing missing is the brass band.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Please fold the club.
    There's no point wasting time and resources on this shitfest.
    If shit don't get better and we can't attract a consistent crowd of over 5k i can see a Wolves or Canberra.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Deans doesn't want the gig, he already said so. So we can't complain about what he is doing, especially given this is the weakest squad we've ever witnessed as a club, in my opinion.
    Actually he's said he would like it but doesn't want to put too much pressure on so never talks about it

Sack Dean's for not picking the puddle in his starting 11

I'm with you.
    Quality is kinda low, in general.
    No one has clearly outplayed us so far, we're nowhere near the Stubbins garbage. We play some decent football and create lots of chances (Rooooy!).
    Maybe, just maybe, if we stopped conceding within the first 10 minutes, that would be a great step forward.
    I know that's an excuse, but we've had some bad luck too (deflections etc).

Remember, there's no relegation

Hey guys do you remember when that cool dude scored an equaliser off his shoulder then was a complete wanker to the opposition player by smacking him in the face then the other guy scored the winner?

Yeah me too.

Half you lot on here always crapping on about 'playing for the shirt', well explain to me how doing crap like that is any good for the 'shirt'?

Also, Mr Pool back there saying this could be GVE season 2. The only sticking point is back then we had talent across the park. That ain't what im seeing out there. Our ceiling right now is Stubbins.