Thread: A League Game Week Five

A League Game Week Five

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.

A brief one this week as the football just keeps on coming. Tipping percentage: 43.75%

Sydney FC v Central Coast Mariners (7pm AEDT 22/1) Netstrata Jubilee Stadium.

The Mariners finally got dethroned from the top of the table. Redmayne’s temporary amnesia and co-ordination loss cost Sydney FC two points against the Wanderers and they will be hungry to get back to winning ways. The Mariners are embracing their bastardry and will be unpleasant to play against, but Sydney’s class will be too good, Sydney to win 2-0.

Western United v Perth Glory (5pm AEDT 23/1) GMHBA Stadium.

Things are still yet to click for Western, they might feel hard done by not getting anything from the game against City last round. Perth played very well against a disappointing Adelaide side in their first game of the season. With Western only scoring once so far this season I am tipping a 2-1 win to the glory.

Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory (7:30pm AEDT 23/1) Hindmarsh Stadium.

If Adelaide play like they did against Perth they will be in trouble. Victory have only played once so far this season, has the time off been a blessing or a curse? It is a big game for both teams and I’m going to tip conservatively and go a 1-1 draw.

Wellington Phoenix v Newcastle Jets (6pm AEDT 24/1) WIN Stadium.

The Jets are cursed and unlucky, two unfortunate deflections off NTS which had game changing consequences. I was surprised to see that Wellington have not won a game so far this season and form would say this should be their first win. Unless there are changes to the Jets team going into the next game, I feel the outcome will be the same, 2-1 win to the Phoenix.

Melbourne Victory v Perth Glory (7pm AEDT 26/1) AAMI Park.

The form for this game will mostly be decided by the games on Saturday. So it is bold prediction and shot in the dark time: Perth will win 2-0.

What do you fellow jerkos think? What changes need to be made going into the next phase of the season?

Also the Jets W-league play this Saturday 4pm AEDT at No. 2 Sportsground, in what should be a cracking game against Western Sydney.
    Last edited by Clarkey; 22-01-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Wellington were defeated by the Wolves just recently in a trial, Played very poorly by all reports.

The scum... ya gotta be kidding me...

Yep, starting to look like they don't have to worry about the wooden spoon this year.

Well done, Alan, and happy birthday, Matt.

At what point do we start handing out bans for all this filthy gypo arse kissing?

Them being competitive in games so far has much less to do with them improving (they looked absolutely trash against us and their squad is full of NPL level players) and more to do with the overall level of the league dropping drastically so far and falling down to their level. They are obviously safe from the spoon because we will be honestly lucky to win a game this year with our squad, but they'll be fighting Victory for 2nd last come season's end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Outstanding dummy by lustica. Nice finish as well.

Can we see if Andrews can back up for the A League squad tomorrow ?.

How a 2nd year club like Western can have 2 marquee players in Diamnte and Lustica and we still can't get one is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    How a 2nd year club like Western can have 2 marquee players in Diamnte and Lustica and we still can't get one is a disgrace.
    No chance lustica is a marquee

What a wild week, up the Jets! Hopefully we can carry the confidence forwards and get something against the snakes on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    This statement is worse than any of the filthy Gypo love that I've seen spew from your fingers in the past mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

It takes a special kind of fool to tip none from five... Oh well, there’s always next round.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Almost 4700 posts and you ain't ever learned a damn thing.
    Sad.

Frodo, you know what time it is.