Thread: A League Game Week Eight

A League Game Week Eight

Week eight and the A-League has no signs of slowing down.
    Wonderful to see Craig Deans get the Head Coach role, he deserved it, hopefully the great results and solid performances keep on coming.
    I Finally got back to successfully tipping some results again after a tough few weeks.

Tipping percentage for the season: 30.55%

Friday (12/2)

Macarthur FC v Adelaide United (7pm AEDT) at Campbelltown Stadium.
    Adelaide have struggled of late and need to get a result out of this game, Macarthur are on the short turnaround (however, they did make a lot of changes for the midweek game) after beating the form team of the competition. I’m going to go for the Bulls to get a 2-1 win here, I’ve been burnt by Adelaide’s inconsistencies too many times this season to back them in this one.

Saturday (13/2)

Western United v Sydney FC (5pm AEDT) at AAMI Park.
    Apparently the axe will be swung at Western United and we will see changes, but I don’t think it will be enough against the defending champs. Sydney to win 2-1.

Western Sydney Wanderers v Melbourne City (7pm AEDT) at Bankwest Stadium.
    Both teams seem far from their peak. City will be desperate to avoid 4 losses in a row, Wanderers will be demanding another win but ultimately, I foresee a 1-1 draw.

Sunday (14/2)

Wellington Phoenix v Central Coast Mariners (4pm AEDT) at WIN Stadium.
    Wellington are better that where they are on the table, they beat the coast a couple of weeks back. The Mariners will be keen to stay on top of the pile, so I suspect an entertaining draw is in order between these two, put me down for a 2-2 stalemate.

Brisbane Roar v Newcastle Jets (6pm AEDT) at Dolphin Stadium.
    Jets finding form v the red-hot Roar, grab the popcorn, it should be a banger of a game. I cannot tip against the Jets at the moment, it is all seemingly coming together for them. A 2-1 win to the boys from the Hunter.

Tuesday (16/2)

Melbourne City v Sydney FC (7pm AEDT) at AAMI Park.
    These midweek games are the variables I cannot quite get my head fully around this season, but I’m going to keep it simple. Sydney to win 2-1, questions will start to be getting asked about Kisnorbo and the teams mentality if they haven’t already or after Saturday’s game.

Wednesday (17/2)

Melbourne Victory v Wellington Phoenix (7pm AEDT) at AAMI Park.
    Melbourne “Victory” are ripe for the picking at the moment and Wellington will be there to pounce like the fine fire-chickens they are. 2-0 to the nix.

Another solid round awaits us.

Late shout out for the Jets resigning the Port Mac Pele on a two year deal, you love to see it.
    Last edited by Clarkey; 11-02-2021 at 10:24 PM.

So this round is going to look very different after today’s news.