Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20/21 AL MD10 | Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix | Sun 28/02/21

20/21 AL MD10 | Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix | Sun 28/02/21

jets to win 3-0

1-1. One Jets player to receive a significant injury.

Oh geez

No Remy always hurts

Score update please?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Score update please?
    Losing 1-0 unlucky deflection

0-1 HT.
    Wellington score through a deflected shot. Wrong footed Duncan after it deflects off Boogard.

Silver lining is this sheep shaggin' shite goes back above the Tards

Curious to know what was said at the end.

Not a great performance, but hopefully just one of those off days where nothing goes your way.
    Credit to them, they killed that game. That was the longest last 35 I’ve watched in some time.

That was a pretty hard match to watch. Zero intensity from the jets. Unlucky goal for the first one, sloppy for the second. Wellington never looked like scoring. Even when they did actually score.

Attendance 4500 , Fold the club.

And unless Streb can get on top of the officiating issues plaguing the league they may as well just fold the entire shit show that is the A League.

Classic Jets.
    I feel like I've watched this game before... like, 50 times at least.

I'm starting to become concerned by our impotency in attack.

Defensively we're quite sound. We'd kept 3 consecutive clean sheets before yesterday and were beaten by a deflected strike and a long range goal from a skewed clearance.

But we're reliant on crosses from the wing backs or long balls over the top from the centre backs and it's not working.

I think it's time to throw another body in the midfield as we were under Robinson and have the one central attacker instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Millar is just woeful. His passing and decision making are under 6's standard. He's good in the box on set pieces and occasionally makes a good run.
    But I just don't think the positives are enough to cancel the negatives.
    As soon as he gets the ball you know he's going to turn it over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Millar is just woeful. His passing and decision making are under 6's standard. He's good in the box on set pieces and occasionally makes a good run.
    I get what you mean about Millar. He's not looking on the same wavelength as the others.

I was also quite critical of Prso yesterday. I didn't see what he offered yesterday, nor the last time he started. Mostly I observed the recycling of possession - not what we want from a playing in that position.

However, I am willing to give both another week or so to get up to speed after being without football for so long - I'm putting it down to rustiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Prso/Thurgate and Uga combined are too careful. The final 30mins Uga was the only one trying to play a killer ball yet clowns in the crowd groaning when it gets cut out.
    Playing it wide for a cross was garbage and never looked like working.
    Drop 1 or them and get Najarine back in the 10. play all 4 and drop a striker.

Also, big lolz at Millar for being a prat towards the coaches when he got dragged. If he couldn't see how stinky he was then he needs a good video session.

I'm not sure how relevant this is but I seem to think for some reason as a team we struggle to contain or come to terms with teams that have a creative middle man who seems to be able to control the matches as in Castro at Glory, Nincovic for the surfs and Ulysses yesterday. They are three teams that we consistently struggle to beat. Any thoughts.

Also, as I was floating away from the stadium there was legit some doofus dad asking his missus if the A-league had a Facebook page cause he was gonna leave a comment about the standard of refereeing.

Hahahhahahahaha what an absolute softcock.
    Don't ever be that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Millar given time to think is awful, When he acts on instinct he's good, Also bloke should never be allowed to cut inside
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I get what you mean about Millar. He's not looking on the same wavelength as the others.

I was also quite critical of Prso yesterday. I didn't see what he offered yesterday, nor the last time he started. Mostly I observed the recycling of possession - not what we want from a playing in that position.

However, I am willing to give both another week or so to get up to speed after being without football for so long - I'm putting it down to rustiness.
    Prso annoys me, I can see talent but he plays it too safe and is way to weak on the ball. Goes to ground too often
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight