Thread: 20/21 AL MD14 | Perth Glory v Newcastle Jets | Sat 28/03/21

20/21 AL MD14 | Perth Glory v Newcastle Jets | Sat 28/03/21

It's a great time to feel miserable.
    24 minutes, down 2-0

Everything's fine.

Roy, what a goal...

When the idea was floated the club sit out this season and fix the broken bits and get our shit together for 21/22 this option should have been taken up.

All we have done this season is go in with a poverty pack squad , a reduction in membership by 50% , Give a bloke the head coaches role who said time and again he did not want it then all of a sudden did and in addition our on field performances are not worthy of competing in this league. By competing this season we have flogged to its last breath what could have otherwise been salvaged with fresh appointments in the office, a coach who from day dot wanted the gig not had to be convinced, plenty of time to recruit the right players at the right price and create a sense of " excitement " and can't wait for next season " about the place.

By not taking time out taking stock and fixing the shit i have real fears this club will not last much longer in its current guise.

We played too narrow and never took advantage of the extra man.
    It looked like Perth had the extra man for the last 15 mins.
    Deans needs to rip these blokes a new one and start showing a few regular starters the bench.
    Uga needs to be benched. Physical y he's fine but his decision making and poor passing suggests he's mentally spent and needs a break.
    Millar? He's a lot better in a back 4 but he's the least defensively aware player I have ever seen at this level.
    Could easily make a case for everyone else being benched as well as Deans.

What an absolute embarrassment this club is.
    So glad things are back to normal.

Still better than Victory.

Who have a better coach, a much much better squad of players and much better facilities and a more stable club structure.

So, yeah we suck. But how much worse must they suck? Lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

11 points after 14 games. If the stats master sees this, any chance you could tell me how many seasons we've had fewer points at this stage of the season? Please.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Still better than Victory.

Who have a better coach, a much much better squad of players and much better facilities and a more stable club structure.

So, yeah we suck. But how much worse must they suck? Lmao.
    Huh?
    Why try and spoil my joy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Huh?
    Why try and spoil my joy?
    If you enjoy sinking ships, wouldn't you enjoy watching another ship sink into the deep as you also went down?

11 points after 14 games. If the stats master sees this, any chance you could tell me how many seasons we've had fewer points at this stage of the season? Please.
    Having a look at our performance this season compared to others today.

The 11 goals we have scored is the second lowest total after 13 games. The lowest is 9 in season 2015/16 (Scott Miller season)

While the points total of 11 after 13 games is the 3rd lowest. 7 points from 13 in 2014/15 (Phil Stubbins season) and 9 points form 2019/20 (Ernie Merrick 3rd season) were the seasons with lower tallies at this point.
    Not 14 games. But Close.

If you enjoy sinking ships, wouldn't you enjoy watching another ship sink into the deep as you also went down?
    Nah thats like saying you wanna bump lines and take pills at the same time.
    One sense of euphoria is plenty for me i dont want to be greedy
    Plus, those asshole fans get shitty at coming 3rd, the biggest joy we have as fans is seeing Roy control 1 out of the 35 through balls played to him each week.
    Simple pleaseures and all that.P

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Not 14 games. But Close.
    Thanks Brem.

Maybe if there's opposition goalscoring 'virgins'? Just mark them in future. We're always good for gifting them a cherry...ffs.