Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

i feel bad for backing dingo deans

i feel bad for being a jets fan

i feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    I have no idea why you blokes are bagging Deans out.
    Its not like he took off 2 strikers and replaced them with a fullback and a statue whilst chasing the game against the worst team in the league.

Nope, Deans would never do that. Only a clueless clown would do that.

Some on here are so so cruel.
    The reality is the Jets don't have enough quality especially in the final third. The Jets always have plenty of possession and shots but can't produce where it matters on the scoreboard.

I say give Deans another year, BUT there must be a total overhaul of recruitment. Let's get some decent foreigners in, COVID19 can't be the excuse as other teams have brought in foreigners in. If the club are serious about backing the coach, let's give him some quality players.

Robbie slater is saying wsw are after millar and Koutroumbis
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Robbie slater is saying wsw are after millar and Koutroumbis
    Mate if they want Millar I’ll go around today and pick him up and drive him down there.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    The reality is the Jets don't have enough quality especially in the final third. The Jets always have plenty of possession and shots but can't produce where it matters on the scoreboard.

I say give Deans another year, BUT there must be a total overhaul of recruitment. Let's get some decent foreigners in, COVID19 can't be the excuse as other teams have brought in foreigners in. If the club are serious about backing the coach, let's give him some quality players.
    No. His tactics and in game management is terrible

Back in January 2021 Mattiske said:

“The uncertainty that has overshadowed the Jets in recent times has been removed and the Club now has a strong financial foundation to support its drive for further success in the A-League and W-League.”

How could anyone take this bloke seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    No. His tactics and in game management is terrible
    The Jets play some decent football, they haven't had the players to compete since the grand final loss 3 years back. It's time to step up the foreign players, Roy has been a solid player but what other foreigner of note has been in the squad since the grand final loss?

A tradesmen can only work with the equipment provided, Deans can only work with what he has got. Compare our squad to most, we don't have the firepower to compete with others.

The Jets play some decent football, they haven't had the players to compete since the grand final loss 3 years back. It's time to step up the foreign players, Roy has been a solid player but what other foreigner of note has been in the squad since the grand final loss?

A tradesmen can only work with the equipment provided, Deans can only work with what he has got. Compare our squad to most, we don't have the firepower to compete with others.
    I’d say our success rate with foreign players is incredibly poor.
    Odonovan is Aussie now right?

I feel like Deans is doing an okay job, all things considered.
    Not really satisfied with an “okay job” though. Not an “okay” team.
    Can I see Deans recruiting strong talent to improve our squad? Probably not.
    Should try and get any Olyroos players not getting regular game time and at least do the nation a service and get them some match fitness ahead of Olympics.

Imo, we are in a pretty good position in terms of squad retention and a clean slate. If Western Unite and MacArthur can get a decent team together from scratch, there’s no reason we can’t. If central coast can be winning the comp, why can’t we.

game in the balance, Yuel and Roy looking good and subs both them off for a midfielder and Hoff who rarely scores. As for the decent football, It's only happened a few times this season
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Huh?

Oh, the old 'not my cattle' excuse.
    Deans picked the match day squad. He had no real attacking options on the bench.
    He then dragged 2 attacking options and replaced them with people who aren't attacking options.
    We then completed our mission of losing the game.
    The squad set up, tactics and subs are all on Deans.
    He failed last night. Its not a difficult one just to point that out.

I'm sorry to be that guy again. But if any of you thought we would be competitive this year and are disappointed, that's your own fault. Not the club's.

Our aim for this season was to not fold. We are literally being bankrolled by our rivals. Did some of you really think we were going to make the finals with a team being paid for by the other teams? Are they going to spend their cash signing marquee players for us and find the best young Aussie talent to come here instead of their own clubs?

WSW footed some of the bill and are picking apart the carcass of our squad for anything they like, that's fine. If we lose all the quality in our squad but have a team still in the league when another set of owners decide to waste their money on us, that's amazing.

If you've dropped your expectations down to correct level but still have issues with team selection or whatever, go nuts. But we are 100% not sacking Dean's until the club either folds or is bought. If you don't like him, unfortunately your choices are to buy the club yourself, or hope they pull the plug like 380 does. Which is a totally ok option. Personally, I want to have a team to support once that filthy scumbag McKinna finally shuffles his fat arse back down the F3 and is never seen again. Just to laugh at him for failing in his aim to fold his true clubs rivals from within.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'm sorry to be that guy again. But if any of you thought we would be competitive this year and are disappointed, that's your own fault. Not the club's.

Our aim for this season was to not fold. We are literally being bankrolled by our rivals. Did some of you really think we were going to make the finals with a team being paid for by the other teams? Are they going to spend their cash signing marquee players for us and find the best young Aussie talent to come here instead of their own clubs?

WSW footed some of the bill and are picking apart the carcass of our squad for anything they like, that's fine. If we lose all the quality in our squad but have a team still in the league when another set of owners decide to waste their money on us, that's amazing.

If you've dropped your expectations down to correct level but still have issues with team selection or whatever, go nuts. But we are 100% not sacking Dean's until the club either folds or is bought. If you don't like him, unfortunately your choices are to buy the club yourself, or hope they pull the plug like 380 does. Which is a totally ok option. Personally, I want to have a team to support once that filthy scumbag McKinna finally shuffles his fat arse back down the F3 and is never seen again. Just to laugh at him for failing in his aim to fold his true clubs rivals from within.
    He poored his own money into the club to keep it from closing, You have nothing to support without him now or in the future, NADA NIL NOTHING. If thats trying to fold a club then he's doing a shit job
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

We have a weak limited squad with an inexperienced head coach.
    Its the same as when we had Mark Jones and Phil Stubbins and we are getting the same results.
    Its hard to see Deans lifting us out of this hole.
    Its also hard to see this ownership model lifting us out of this hole either.
    If we dont have a new owner next year then i expect our ownership consortium would gladly sell our licence to the highest bidder.
    I dont think our future is as secure as this ownership was boasting about when they came on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Superman can fly.
    Aquaman can swim.
    Wonder Woman can be a smokeshow.

My superpower is the ability to recognise how shit our club is, and still find even more shit things every week to discuss.

Its a gift.

Legit question, why was Ugabooga left out of the squad last week?
    Was it the impending move?
    If so then why was he on the bench yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    He poored his own money into the club to keep it from closing, You have nothing to support without him now or in the future, NADA NIL NOTHING. If thats trying to fold a club then he's doing a shit job
    Nah, racking up $12m in debt is a pretty good way to screw a business over.
    Not saying he did it all, and no he didn't do it intentionally. But he was in charge while it happened.

And that matters.

Legit question, why was Ugabooga left out of the squad last week?
    Was it the impending move?
    If so then why was he on the bench yesterday?
    Back Injury the club said

love at first sight

Nah, racking up $12m in debt is a pretty good way to screw a business over.
    Not saying he did it all, and no he didn't do it intentionally. But he was in charge while it happened.

And that matters.
    Yeah but Doubt he had any say in it and if he resigned we wouldve been ****ed cause then noone is fighting to keep our club alive

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    We have a weak limited squad with an inexperienced head coach.
    Its the same as when we had Mark Jones and Phil Stubbins and we are getting the same results.
    Its hard to see Deans lifting us out of this hole.
    Its also hard to see this ownership model lifting us out of this hole either.
    If we dont have a new owner next year then i expect our ownership consortium would gladly sell our licence to the highest bidder.
    I dont think our future is as secure as this ownership was boasting about when they came on board.
    Damn right. At the end of the day the other club owners owe the jets nothing, They along with the quartet currently funding the operation will make decisions on what is best for them and the League going forward and funds will always be at the pointy end of there considerations.

Results, off field support ie membership and sponsorship revenues are all abysmal. By any KPI there decision making process is becoming easier.

The environment the Jets are trading in will also come under the microscope, How many local businesses would be stepping up to provide offering goods and services on credit knowing how many have gone before them and got burnt extending credit.

Said it before we should have sat out this season when it was a consideration and got our house in order instead of running what was left into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Damn right. At the end of the day the other club owners owe the jets nothing, They along with the quartet currently funding the operation will make decisions on what is best for them and the League going forward and funds will always be at the pointy end of there considerations.

Results, off field support ie membership and sponsorship revenues are all abysmal. By any KPI there decision making process is becoming easier.

The environment the Jets are trading in will also come under the microscope, How many local businesses would be stepping up to provide offering goods and services on credit knowing how many have gone before them and got burnt extending credit.

Said it before we should have sat out this season when it was a consideration and got our house in order instead of running what was left into the ground.
    We would never of come back if we sat it out IMO

love at first sight