Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The concern I have is that we are in the media suggesting we want to re-sign on loan Luka Prso and Ramy Najjarine who both showed some early flashes but overall aren't showing anything (in my opinion).

We've re-signed our bench keeper, two left backs, our youth striker and the one midfielder we have. There's lately been media about re-signing NTS, Boogaard and Jackson too.

Firstly, what do we expect to achieve if we do re-sign these loanees and existing players? Anything different from what we are currently seeing?

And secondly, where we have players that will be here next season, we should be playing them. Mauragis - put him left wing (where he's actually looked quite capable). Give Archie Goodwin 30 minute every match. If this season is a write off, lets use it to start bringing in at least players we see having a future that are currently blocked by players who won't be here next year.
    Agree 100% with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Re number 3 - Roy normally goes straight for the red card option. 🤣
    Precisely why it's strange!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I mean, what could have made you think we had a future any other way?

I am asking seriously, does anyone else have some other idea for how we survive this without something like City sports group coming in and buying us? I just don't think the product itself is doing well enough for a local millionaire to walk in and prop us up for a few years.
    I think we can still appeal to somebody. Show them those glory years, squadron bouncing, crowds bigger than the knights, even the tinkler false start.
    Give us some faith that we have repeatedly shown and the fans will come back. Treat us and the club and the community with respect and you get 10k easy.

And whole heartedly agree. The remaining games should be spent blooding the future or determining who to axe.

When have we ever got bigger crowds then the Knights aside from a GF?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Season 2 was really big for crowds. Over 19000 we have had:

Note the ground was still with the old stand at this point:
    * S2 Rd18 v SFC (20980)
    * S2 Rd21 v Victory (19601)
    * S2 Semi v SFC (24338)
    * S3 Semy v CCM (22960)
    * S8 Rd 27 v WWS (22518) when they won the premiership
    * S13 Semi v City (19131)
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Season 2 was really big for crowds. Over 19000 we have had:

Note the ground was still with the old stand at this point:
    * S2 Rd18 v SFC (20980)
    * S2 Rd21 v Victory (19601)
    * S2 Semi v SFC (24338)
    * S3 Semy v CCM (22960)
    * S8 Rd 27 v WWS (22518) when they won the premiership
    * S13 Semi v City (19131)
    Is that it for big crowds? Geezus really proves the point, Most of Newcastle will only support us when winning. We really need to be talking to the Knights on how the keep their crowds and members around
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Is that it for big crowds? Geezus really proves the point, Most of Newcastle will only support us when winning. We really need to be talking to the Knights on how the keep their crowds and members around
    Yes for "big home crowds that aren't a Grand Final" but remember the Season 2 and 3 numbers were near capacity - we only had the old western stand at that point, not the new Western one.

I vividly remember we played around the same time as them, and our crowd was bigger.
    FWIW, they were in the middle of their wooden spoon attempts...

<1000 at last nights game. Who ever ultimately made the decision to grant the two new clubs a start in the league should never hold a position of responsibility for the remainder of there working lives.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    <1000 at last nights game. Who ever ultimately made the decision to grant the two new clubs a start in the league should never hold a position of responsibility for the remainder of there working lives.
    And schedule them to play mid week and away from their home ground against an interstate team who are bottom of the league

Minimum 5-0 loss tonight. Thurgate to get season ending injury. 10 year re-signing of Millar to be announced at half time ($800k per season).

Lots of interest in tonight's game eh.

Just got onto this game after wk.
    Down 1-0. Giving oggie's away...yet again?
    Fantastic. Anything to f*** the coast.

Only wish it was the 3pts Fart need to screw them for the plate.

Well aint this some bullshit.
    No one giving a shit out there.
    Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Just got onto this game after wk.
    Down 1-0. Giving oggie's away...yet again?
    Fantastic. Anything to f*** the coast.

Only wish it was the 3pts Fart need to screw them for the plate.
    Speaking of the coast, there's still every chance they will miss out on finals. With games in hand played they are like 1 to 3 points off of 7th place I think. A loss to Victory and they could be chasing Macarthur and Brisbane for 6th spot.

I still don't care about our likely spoon this year, but I'll be pretty happy if Staj and co shit the bed proper and miss out on finals this year. Can't wait.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Well aint this some bullshit.
    No one giving a shit out there.
    Pathetic.
    Schadenfreude is all we have left...

The players have given up. Fun times

Dean's looks over to his bench and sees a 34 yr old Abbas, a returning from injury 35 yr old CB, two guys on trial from some Malaysian club we've all never heard of and Kosta Pe-fecking-tratos.

We never had a chance of winning this game, just need to make sure when someone nearer our level comes up we have find some belief and have a real go.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Dean's looks over to his bench and sees a 34 yr old Abbas, a returning from injury 35 yr old CB, two guys on trial from some Malaysian club we've all never heard of and Kosta Pe-fecking-tratos.

We never had a chance of winning this game, just need to make sure when someone nearer our level comes up we have find some belief and have a real go.
    All fair points, but he's had kids hovering around all season and refused to give them an extended chance. If that's because they are shitter and less enthused than Dads Army you described there then wipe the whole youth program and save the budget.

Talk about pretend injuries all you want but sitting Uga after 2 horrible games but leaving some other steaming piles of turd out there to get through it was the beginning of the (latest) end for mine.

None of them out there give 2 ****s about the team. Ill be there next year (im a ghost i get in for free) but none of these useless shits deserve a chance next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    none of these useless shits deserve a chance next year.
    I was coming on to ask this, who in this team actually deserves to stay on cause i'm pretty well over the lot of them.