Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

Also, if they can play on this ground then move our home games to #2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    If the shoe fits I'll keep saying it
    IF the shoe actually fit in this instance it would make a whole lot more sense. But you do you Stanny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

NTS dribbling up the field seems to be a better attacking option than anything else I've seen.

The fact no one has told Italiano to shave his head shows a complete lack of leadership and duty of care at the club.

Deans showing his inexperience again.

Geria never scored in 100 and something games?
    Nailed on to score tonight then...

Thinking we are playing better than Perth. What happened to them?
    Enjoy seeing Hoffman tbh. Think he does well. Wouldn’t mind him and Millar swapping for a bit.
    Hoffman probably should have at least got a decent shot away on goal.
    Donovan hasn’t done much tbh.

Jackson never seems switched on enough for my liking. Anyone could have seen that run from Keogh but Jackson, and of course Chianese is the one who's gonna score against us now that Chris Harold has left. Lachie seems to have the attributes, just not the smarts to match.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Prso: Shoulda let Geria bundle him

2.5k in Coffs

Are we only allowed 1 sub?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Are we only allowed 1 sub?
    2 apparently...

how we managed to level it to 1-1 at the 67th minute, and Deans waited till the 88th to bring on Ali Abbas is beyond me

Not saying it would have changed the result, but **** that is so incompetent its crazy

Deans use of subs not just this week but over many weeks has been highly questionable.

I think back to the game v smurfs ( Kogorah ) where Corica made 3 changes about the 57th min and those changes started to swing the game well and truly back to the smurfs. Dean was about the only person in this universe who did not see that momentum swing unfold in front of him. His belated changes in that game were perplexing not too mention last weekend and now this evening.

Its almost like he loses his situational awareness of the game.

11th v 10th, last 10min, and I swear he's instructed them to hold on for the draw...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    11th v 10th, last 10min, and I swear he's instructed them to hold on for the draw...
    I would too if my name was gonna be next to an 8 game losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I would too if my name was gonna be next to an 8 game losing streak.
    Couldn't agree more Brem. At this point I swear some people seem to think we should be fighting for top spot with this squad.

We were 7 games without a point and it was end to end stuff. Dean's obviously told them to sit a little deeper and not allow Keogh or Ikonomidis in behind. Which meant their only weapon was Bruno, who we doubled up on. Simple tactics.

Wed made the attacking change with Yuel coming on. That gave us 2 speedy forwards either side of Roy to get at them on the counter with 3 CMs to block the centre of the pitch. Abbas was only brought on for fresh legs and we know he only has 10-20 mins on them at full pace. Krasniqi sits on the ball too long and could have cost us big time if he lost it close to our goal.

This was one of Dean's better games as coach IMO. Got a point against a Perth side who will likely shoot back up the table now they have their frontline sorted. Losing to Victory obviously knocked a few players heads around I'd hope, this is something to build off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Couldn't agree more Brem. At this point I swear some people seem to think we should be fighting for top spot with this squad.

We were 7 games without a point and it was end to end stuff. Dean's obviously told them to sit a little deeper and not allow Keogh or Ikonomidis in behind. Which meant their only weapon was Bruno, who we doubled up on. Simple tactics.

Wed made the attacking change with Yuel coming on. That gave us 2 speedy forwards either side of Roy to get at them on the counter with 3 CMs to block the centre of the pitch. Abbas was only brought on for fresh legs and we know he only has 10-20 mins on them at full pace. Krasniqi sits on the ball too long and could have cost us big time if he lost it close to our goal.

This was one of Dean's better games as coach IMO. Got a point against a Perth side who will likely shoot back up the table now they have their frontline sorted. Losing to Victory obviously knocked a few players heads around I'd hope, this is something to build off of.
    No way we should be fighting for the top, but I want us to show a bit of heart - or promise of what might come next year.

The interplay that drew the penalty was by far our best passage of the night.

But by god, we need to overhaul the midfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

But by god, we need to overhaul the midfield.
    Am I correct in that Thurgate (21) was our only CM signed permanently with the club last night? Prso (20) and Rami (20) are both on loan until the end of the season so quite clearly we have a midfield rebuild on our hands if we stay in the comp next year.

Am I correct in that Thurgate (21) was our only CM signed permanently with the club last night? Prso (20) and Rami (20) are both on loan until the end of the season so quite clearly we have a midfield rebuild on our hands if we stay in the comp next year.
    Correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I agree with this to an extent, but we were also going into that game level with last place, and I would like to imagine Deans would like to avoid getting a wooden spoon