Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 371

Thread: All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

  1. #241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,149
    I agree with Frodo.
    I think this club represents good value for somebody.
    Could you get a cheaper a league club atm? Doubt it. Any investor would get a bargain deal in terms of an a league club. They have many arguments of poor membership, crowds are poor, performance is poor. Etc.

    As many have said, buy a few big names and a decent coach and a few results and a finals team and you’ve got 10,000 members and supporter again
    It’s not rocket science.
    Every time this club is successful the community get behind it.
    Every time we get used and abused and taken for granted we walk away.

    Treat us with respect. Give us something to support. Invest in the club. Supporters will follow.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Treat us with respect. Give us something to support. Invest in the club. Supporters will follow.
    Meh, ill be there regardless. I'm literally floating around in the afterlife aint got nothing better to do.

  3. #243
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,149
    I could think of many things I’d be doing or watching other than Jets lose.
    Don’t you have a membah to be haunting?

  4. #244
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,267
    It isn't about good value Brem, The moment the amount required to continue the club under the present ownership model exceeds what the value of the club is it is curtains.

    The 4 owners at present are not going to tip in more than they can get out of a sale, We are one season down now so the 64$ dollar question is how many seasons before that point of no return on investment is reached. One more , Two ?. I honestly don't think it is further out than one more season.

    Biggest worry is the club seems hell bent on resigning many of the players that have us at this point and going in to next season with Deans, I don't know how one can expect different results from essentially the same set up on and off the field. Another concern is on the back of very poor results and by every measure the club tracking south the bloke who is meant to be the lamplighter and advocate for our future in Mattiske has gone very quite. When was the last time anybody heard from him re recent results and what repercussions they may have on the clubs future.

    Me personally i see the powers that be at the PLA or whatever they call themselves these days chaired by Lederer attempt a merge between us and the Gypo's and use that free spot to sell another license to the highest bidder from Wollongong or the ACT.

  5. #245
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,871
    Andy Harper in the paper questioning Deans lack of squad rotation and showing too much faith in underperforming players. So everyone is seeing it bar Dean? Or the rest or our squad isn't even npl level and we signed players just to fill up our numbers with no intention to give em a chance

  6. #246
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,637
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Andy Harper in the paper questioning Deans lack of squad rotation and showing too much faith in underperforming players. So everyone is seeing it bar Dean? Or the rest or our squad isn't even npl level and we signed players just to fill up our numbers with no intention to give em a chance
    I'm glad that someone in the media has started to call it out or have an opinion on it.

    The interesting part was Mattiske's response.

    Jets executive chairman Shane Mattiske said Harper was entitled to his opinion and welcomed his passion for the club.

    "There's no question that there was a disruption before the season started with the change of ownership," Mattiske said.

    "We've had to re-launch the club and start from scratch.

    "The reality is that the squad we have now is the one that we were left with. We've been working hard on improving the resources, finishing this season competitively and building a much stronger squad for next season."

    Mattiske saw no value in debating Harper's claims point by point.

    But in fairness to the Jets, at the end of last season they lost former Socceroos Dimi Petratos and Bernie Ibini, ex-Premier League stars Wes Hoolahan and Joe Ledley, veteran goalkeeper Glen Moss, Nick Fitzgerald, a veteran of 189 A-League games, and Panamanian international Abdiel Arroyo.

    Injuries have also sidelined senior players Nigel Boogaard, Ben Kantarovski, Jason Hoffman and Johnny Koutroumbia for long stretches this season.
    We sold Dimi. We sold Fitzgerald. We release Ibini. I'll give the club that yes these starters departed BUT this the club's decision.

    We didn't renew Arroyo's loan and he was on the bench at the end of his stint anyway. Moss wasn't playing at the end, Ledley and Hoolahan didn't start either. We can't call these people out as changes on the field. Off the field leadership and experience is a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  7. #247
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,871
    So Abi has gone because he was called up to his national team? So good enough for that but not for more then 5 mins for a garbage team coming last in the league. Deans man I can't be arsed

  8. #248
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,928
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Andy Harper in the paper questioning Deans lack of squad rotation and showing too much faith in underperforming players. So everyone is seeing it bar Dean? Or the rest or our squad isn't even npl level and we signed players just to fill up our numbers with no intention to give em a chance
    It doesn't look like Craig Deans is the one making the decisions though. I mean it's difficult to imagine he was the one responsible for our two imports being signed.
    Moreover, I'm not convinced that Deans has the autonomy to select the players he wants each week either.
    Deans has been around a long time in the game and played at a much higher level than most of us here. So I find it difficult to believe he's got it wrong and all of us have it sorted.

  9. #249
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It doesn't look like Craig Deans is the one making the decisions though. I mean it's difficult to imagine he was the one responsible for our two imports being signed.
    Moreover, I'm not convinced that Deans has the autonomy to select the players he wants each week either.
    Deans has been around a long time in the game and played at a much higher level than most of us here. So I find it difficult to believe he's got it wrong and all of us have it sorted.
    Phil Stubbins, Mark Jones, both been around a while, both utterly hopeless.

    If Deans isn’t making the decisions who is? And why is deans sticking around, having his record trashed?
    Middleby Gone

    Lawrie Out

  10. #250
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,114
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So Abi has gone because he was called up to his national team? So good enough for that but not for more then 5 mins for a garbage team coming last in the league. Deans man I can't be arsed
    Called up to the training camp. He's never played for the national side so far.


    But, the Indonesian national side is also not the highest quality group. The majority look like they play in the local division, which from a very quick glance looks like they haven't had a team in the group stages of the ACL since 2011.


    Not really sure how you can try to use this one against Dean's without looking a bit silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  11. #251
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Called up to the training camp. He's never played for the national side so far.


    But, the Indonesian national side is also not the highest quality group. The majority look like they play in the local division, which from a very quick glance looks like they haven't had a team in the group stages of the ACL since 2011.


    Not really sure how you can try to use this one against Dean's without looking a bit silly.
    Very easily. Bloke deserved at least once chance same as Liri but nah Thurgate Ugar and Prso are doing a stellar job

  12. #252
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    But, the Indonesian national side is also not the highest quality group. The majority look like they play in the local division, which from a very quick glance looks like they haven't had a team in the group stages of the ACL since 2011..
    This is the same division that took us to extra time a few years ago...
    Middleby Gone

    Lawrie Out

  13. #253
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,114
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Very easily. Bloke deserved at least once chance same as Liri but nah Thurgate Ugar and Prso are doing a stellar job
    Why does he deserve a chance? Krasniqi was the better player from all reports of those two when they arrived and has looked like he isn't up the league standard very quickly. If Abimanyu isn't good enough in training, Deans would be stupid to give him game time and we would be furious if, if being the key word, Abi came on and looked nowhere near the level needed. There's no evidence so far that he has deserved a start so it's all conjecture and imagination that Deans is wrong in this one thing.
    If you're saying Prso and Ramy aren't good enough and you think someone like Simmons should be given a chance, I'll take that. But we know that Simmons isn't quite at the level yet also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  14. #254
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Why does he deserve a chance? Krasniqi was the better player from all reports of those two when they arrived and has looked like he isn't up the league standard very quickly. If Abimanyu isn't good enough in training, Deans would be stupid to give him game time and we would be furious if, if being the key word, Abi came on and looked nowhere near the level needed. There's no evidence so far that he has deserved a start so it's all conjecture and imagination that Deans is wrong in this one thing.
    If you're saying Prso and Ramy aren't good enough and you think someone like Simmons should be given a chance, I'll take that. But we know that Simmons isn't quite at the level yet also.
    He played what 5 mins once? Also is Simmons even still at the club? What even happened to that bloke? And Armson as well

  15. #255
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,149
    On that, I’d rather us be blooding Simmons the same as Archie in the coming weeks.
    If we get to a point that naj and prso aren’t here next year, I’d rather see somebody else chalk up some losses and get some minutes.

  16. #256
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Why does he deserve a chance? Krasniqi was the better player from all reports of those two when they arrived and has looked like he isn't up the league standard very quickly. If Abimanyu isn't good enough in training, Deans would be stupid to give him game time and we would be furious if, if being the key word, Abi came on and looked nowhere near the level needed. There's no evidence so far that he has deserved a start so it's all conjecture and imagination that Deans is wrong in this one thing.
    If you're saying Prso and Ramy aren't good enough and you think someone like Simmons should be given a chance, I'll take that. But we know that Simmons isn't quite at the level yet also.
    Tbh, I’m at the stage as to why did we bring a foreigner in to be bench players? A lot of aussies are still stranded overseas, and we take spots for a benchwarmer.

    As for the youngsters, if players aren’t going to be here next season, **** em, blood the youth.
    Middleby Gone

    Lawrie Out

  17. #257
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    On that, I’d rather us be blooding Simmons the same as Archie in the coming weeks.
    If we get to a point that naj and prso aren’t here next year, I’d rather see somebody else chalk up some losses and get some minutes.
    Agree. Mauragis too
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  18. #258
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,637
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    He played what 5 mins once? Also is Simmons even still at the club? What even happened to that bloke? And Armson as well
    Yes he still is
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  19. #259
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Tbh, Iím at the stage as to why did we bring a foreigner in to be bench players? A lot of aussies are still stranded overseas, and we take spots for a benchwarmer.

    As for the youngsters, if players arenít going to be here next season, **** em, blood the youth.


    Honestly, the two visa signings screamed to me of trying to appease the Facebook crowd who want shiny things more than actually fixing issues.


    I think for the same money we are paying those two we could have convinced Joel Chianese, who was signed by Perth after we signed those 2, to come here and actually fix a problem within the team. Instead we got a few Instagram likes and a bunch of people thinking that these guys can play before they've kicked a ball purely because they came from overseas.
    Heck, go and get someone similar to Stametelopoulos, someone within the league and not over 30 with some room for improvement if given a run of starts, surely there is a few rough diamonds killing it in the NPL or riding a bench somewhere in the league whom we could have given a chance to. Adelaide and WSW have bloated squads with kids like Calletti sitting on the bench most weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  20. #260
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,410
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Moreover, I'm not convinced that Deans has the autonomy to select the players he wants each week either.
    As much as I love highlighting Deans' issues, there is one instance that I have to agree with you here. To me there is no reasonable explanation why Italiano has/is starting ahead of Duncan - apart from Italiano must have a minimum appearance clause in his contract.
    OK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •