Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

I will say Lesiotis and O Doherty.

I'm so over the club right now. I'm sick and tired if being in this position, knowing we're going to lose each and every week. Victory fans are bitching and moaning but that's 1 season. We've had it for 12 of the last 13 years! And I'm convinced they're going to finish ahead of us.

My fear is we stick with Deans, he recruits his players but still achieves nothing. He gets the sack and we are back on the roller-coaster of "not my players" etc.

For all the rhetoric that comes out about "turning this around","showing a response" and "stepping up in time of need" this is without a doubt one of the worst sides in our history.

How long can we keep it going before serious questions about the legitimacy of our club in the competition begin to pop up
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'm so over the club right now. I'm sick and tired if being in this position, knowing we're going to lose each and every week. Victory fans are bitching and moaning but that's 1 season. We've had it for 12 of the last 13 years! And I'm convinced they're going to finish ahead of us.

My fear is we stick with Deans, he recruits his players but still achieves nothing. He gets the sack and we are back on the roller-coaster of "not my players" etc.

For all the rhetoric that comes out about "turning this around","showing a response" and "stepping up in time of need" this is without a doubt one of the worst sides in our history.

How long can we keep it going before serious questions about the legitimacy of our club in the competition begin to pop up
    I said to my young bloke about 15 mins before kick off that i felt the feeling around the place was we are in a worse space both on and off the field than the Stubbins season or the Miller season under the control of the FFA.

Mattiske needs to either grow a set and demand more from the other owners that put him in place to run this show or just fold the cluster %^&* it has become.
    Last edited by 380; 05-04-2021 at 11:32 PM.

I never understood why people wanted Deans to be given a chance anyway.

W-League - 6th, 5th, 3rd (that was the season Martin actually spent and got good players, ie EvE), 7th
    Y-League - 7th, 7th, 8th, 8th
    A-League - took the reins a few times in no pressure scenarios, and almost always kept the same tactics as the just sacked head coach. Every kick off we go long, lose it and are on the back foot straight away, and today we conceded.

The chairman needs to do something, yes the cattle aren’t great, but part of signing Deans on this season should have been, these are the players we have, you need to get results with them. Interesting thing is, Deans has now equaled Nick Theo’s record, and he got the sack...
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Deans is fine as an assistant coach but the above post sums up what I think of his ability as head coach succinctly, as appointed head he's never got a team to perform to their level or above it, which is why I wasn't happy they locked him in for any more than one season, it just makes it harder to see them demoting him back to where he should be, I fear it can only get worse if more players tell him what they think and he wants to get rid of them as well we could be in real trouble by the end of the season...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

I didn't attend yesterday. You've summed up my thoughts perfectly

I wouldn't be surprised if Deans is forced to select certain players each week.

Hiw else can you explain Millar getting a start each week?

Deans has always had a way of staying too loyal to his favs. He is too nice to players underperforming and gives them far too long to turn around form. Due to injuries he has had to to make changes but seriously miller/odonavan etc need a rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Deans has always had a way of staying too loyal to his favs. He is too nice to players underperforming and gives them far too long to turn around form. Due to injuries he has had to to make changes but seriously miller/odonavan etc need a rocket.
    Learn to much from Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Deans is sealing his own fate with his favourtism of certain players
    Not having a dig but you make a comment like this almost every season no matter who the coach is. Reality is our squads are just never good enough. Coaches aren’t going to play someone worse than a player who’s a starter each week but isn’t playing well. No matter who the coach is - it’s most likely the players you don’t want to be getting picked would still be getting picked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Deans is forced to select certain players each week.

Hiw else can you explain Millar getting a start each week?
    This...I have no idea how he is a professional footballer..

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    Not having a dig but you make a comment like this almost every season no matter who the coach is. Reality is our squads are just never good enough. Coaches aren’t going to play someone worse than a player who’s a starter each week but isn’t playing well. No matter who the coach is - it’s most likely the players you don’t want to be getting picked would still be getting picked.
    Agree. Who would we pick instead of him?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Agree. Who would we pick instead of him?
    Hoff/Lucas cover Millar anyday and anyone over Roy atm

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Hoff/Lucas cover Millar anyday and anyone over Roy atm
    Least Roy gives a s$&t. On Monday he’s trying to turn there luck with his work without the ball. He just ain’t getting quality service

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Least Roy gives a s$&t. On Monday he’s trying to turn there luck with his work without the ball. He just ain’t getting quality service
    Yeah im not a huge Roy fan but his and Yuells work rate was as good as anyone on the pitch the other night. Maybe the coach just needs to use him differently.
    I'd def start Hoffman over Millar though and its not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Yeah im not a huge Roy fan but his and Yuells work rate was as good as anyone on the pitch the other night. Maybe the coach just needs to use him differently.
    I'd def start Hoffman over Millar though and its not even close.
    Is Hoffman fit enough? Thought he was coming back from injury still.

Statistically more riding on the match against Victory than a record 7 consecutive defeats.

If we lose, Deans will have the highest percentage loss rate of any Jets coach (10+ games - and I say that because the 1 competitive match JP DeMarginy coached was a loss).

He's currently got a 61% loss rate, the same as Phil Stubbins and 1% better than Theodorakopoulos (62%).
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Tell them who has the best win rate, Jeterpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    That’s like saying you pulled the hottest girl in Fannys.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    It isn't you, Gaz