Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 371

Thread: All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

  1. #341
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,695
    Special mention of note that this weekend will be Nikolai Topor-Stanley's 200th competitive appearance for the club.

    He has made 186 A-League appearances, 5 appearances in the FFA Cup and 8 in the Asian Champion League.

    He's one of only 2 players to have appeared in both of our ACL campaigns, Kanta being the other. For those thinking didn't Hoffy - he didn't appear in our last ACL campaign because he was injured.

    Well done to NTS - legend of our club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  2. #342
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,293
    Agreed about NTS but he has not been nearly half as good this season.

    Club needs a shake up and NTS is one of them.

  3. #343
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,416
    Hyphen is my favourite Jet.

  4. #344
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,929
    Millar is the problem. We just don't play well when he's on the field.
    Turnovers, lack of awareness both in attack and defence, inability to pass the ball or cross it to a team mate.

    He wasn't responsible for the goal we conceded - but thats about the only positive.

    His coaches as a kid were either clueless or he didn't listen.

    He has his moments but his athleticism is not enough to cover the lack of awareness.

  5. #345
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,914
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Millar is the problem. We just don't play well when he's on the field.
    Turnovers, lack of awareness both in attack and defence, inability to pass the ball or cross it to a team mate.

    He wasn't responsible for the goal we conceded - but thats about the only positive.

    His coaches as a kid were either clueless or he didn't listen.

    He has his moments but his athleticism is not enough to cover the lack of awareness.
    Spot on. He's off contract isn't he? I'd get rid. It's obvious he thinks he's way better then he is. Gold luck in England

  6. #346
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,929
    Watching Mauragis I'm convinced we don't need O'toole as anything more than injury cover.

  7. #347
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,914
    Kurt Ams is a tool

  8. #348
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Kurt Ams is a tool
    The ref tonight was Adam Fielding. But if what you're saying is a general comment - then yes. 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  9. #349
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,171
    Tonight, and last week, were perfect advertisements for why we need to stay away from the recycling of players that the league is renowned for. Kids come in with less skill but actual enthusiasm and lift the entire team around them. By all means, give a few guys like Stametelopoulos or Yuel a second chance each year, but don't fill our squad with them. Some local kids need to be in the first team playing for the fans each week if we want to have any sort of standard to aim for. Effort should be the minimum, if we get beaten by better players but put in 100% effort, I'll be as happy as the winning fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  10. #350
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The ref tonight was Adam Fielding. But if what you're saying is a general comment - then yes. 100%
    I was going to say something similar, Stanny was still correct about Ams being a tool so I just left it as is. Haha.


    I will admit that the ref sucked kind of equally over the entire game. He didn't want to give a penalty or a red card, but gave yellows for nothing challenges.


    Definitely should have been a simple penalty call for the first one tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  11. #351
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,171
    How poor was Millar's dive, lmao. That was absolutely disgusting and a fitting way for his Jets career to end IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  12. #352
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Tonight, and last week, were perfect advertisements for why we need to stay away from the recycling of players that the league is renowned for. Kids come in with less skill but actual enthusiasm and lift the entire team around them. By all means, give a few guys like Stametelopoulos or Yuel a second chance each year, but don't fill our squad with them. Some local kids need to be in the first team playing for the fans each week if we want to have any sort of standard to aim for. Effort should be the minimum, if we get beaten by better players but put in 100% effort, I'll be as happy as the winning fans.
    Good post, Frodo. I agree.

  13. #353
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The ref tonight was Adam Fielding. But if what you're saying is a general comment - then yes. 100%
    Oh what, They look very similar my bad
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  14. #354
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,914
    I still cant believe that was not a corner, Like that was 100% all age standard reffing where the Ref just stands in the centre circle all game. Regarding Millar I just hope he isnt with us next season
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  15. #355
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The ref tonight was Adam Fielding. But if what you're saying is a general comment - then yes. 100%
    thought it was Charles Firth, some of those calls had to be a piss-take surely?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  16. #356
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Tonight, and last week, were perfect advertisements for why we need to stay away from the recycling of players that the league is renowned for. Kids come in with less skill but actual enthusiasm and lift the entire team around them. By all means, give a few guys like Stametelopoulos or Yuel a second chance each year, but don't fill our squad with them. Some local kids need to be in the first team playing for the fans each week if we want to have any sort of standard to aim for. Effort should be the minimum, if we get beaten by better players but put in 100% effort, I'll be as happy as the winning fans.
    Couldn’t agree with this more, past two weeks we’ve played better then we have all season and it’s hard not to feel like it’s mostly a result of guys like Goodwin and Lucas coming on and wanting to prove themselves.

    Truthfully for next season I’d happily just accept both of them as starting players, they are gonna play there hearts out and if you surround them with better players then the guys we have they will only improve. Can I also say what has Jack Simmons done wrong that all season Ali Abbas has gotten a look in over him cause **** me that dude shouldn’t be anywhere near the a league and hasn’t been up to par all season

  17. #357
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Couldn’t agree with this more, past two weeks we’ve played better then we have all season and it’s hard not to feel like it’s mostly a result of guys like Goodwin and Lucas coming on and wanting to prove themselves.

    Truthfully for next season I’d happily just accept both of them as starting players, they are gonna play there hearts out and if you surround them with better players then the guys we have they will only improve. Can I also say what has Jack Simmons done wrong that all season Ali Abbas has gotten a look in over him cause **** me that dude shouldn’t be anywhere near the a league and hasn’t been up to par all season
    I was talking about Simmons with my mate. Deans has shown he would give young kids a chance, particularly early in the season - Prso, Archbold, Mauragis and then Goodwin.

    Perhaps he just hasn't stepped up and given Deans a decision to make
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  18. #358
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,224
    Briefly turned on Roar game yesterday to see Champness and antonee Burke-(something) playing. They also played a few young guys.
    Antonee Burke was a junior with us right? Didn’t he go overseas as part of that weird swap deal we had when M Lee first took over. Wonder how he ended up at Brisbane.

    Edit: did some googling. Junior at Jets. Left to go play for Seattle Sounders 2 or now Tacoma Defiance in their second tier. Apparently started most games.
    Came back to Australia. Trialled with the Jets. Must’ve been told no contract. And I had ended up at Roar, maybe via Victorian NPL.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 06-06-2021 at 10:05 AM.

  19. #359
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,846
    Was really pleased with the second half. Was bricking it for the last 10 waiting for Perth to score what I thought would be an inevitable goal.

    How good was topor coming through and smashing thurgate on the bald spot after the goal. Not sure thurgate liked it though.

  20. #360
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,224
    I’m assuming if Victory lose today, we won’t play our last game? Makes no difference to tables.
    Curious to see what happens if Victory draw or win though. Do we then have the right to insist the game gets played since we can avoid last place?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •