Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I was coming on to ask this, who in this team actually deserves to stay on cause i'm pretty well over the lot of them.
    Yuel Gus and Johnny K. Bin the rest. Oh keep Lucas as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I was coming on to ask this, who in this team actually deserves to stay on cause i'm pretty well over the lot of them.
    I've taken a quick glance at the other teams in the league and reckon that only Uga would get a starting gig in any other squad. That's it.

Stametelop....etc, Yuel, Thurgate, Millar, Johnny K and maybe Jackson could get bench spots around the league. Keepers seem to always have a job, so both might even get starting gigs elsewhere.

But, I'm confident that only Ugarkovic would walk into another sides starting 11 if teams were given the chance to pick is apart.

New owners/management team would probably sign like 8 or 9 new players if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

With WSW letting Daniel Georgievski go could we maybe pick him up

In some ways I keep thinking "how unlucky can we be?" Another own goal. Far out.

But I guess we keep conceding them because we keep getting pushed further and further back.

I think if city had wanted to they could have ripped us apart all night.

These are guys that don't even seem to have enough self-interest to put on a good showing to win their next contract. Things must be really bad inside the club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    He probably was asked but didn't want to move to Canberra next season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He probably was asked but didn't want to move to Canberra next season.
    One bloke that put everything in for us

Another old guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

This is now 11 games without a win. While this isn't a squad that was ever going to challenge, I accept, but I question whether Deans has the ability to get this bunch motivated to play. 2 points from a possible 33 is pathetic. It's not all on the players. They aren't blameless but it's not all on them

Previous managers have been asked for less.

When will questions be asked? He's not immune to it.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 29-04-2021 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

We are playing exactly how his W League sides have played in the past. Couple this with a squad of blokes who are not A League standard and a few who once were and we are one messed up club.
    Not too mention some Mattiske bloke who seems to have gone MIA in recent times, Bloke has managed to find himself a good hiding spot to avoid some tough and valid questions from concerned members.

This is now 11 games without a win. While this isn't a squad that was ever going to challenge, I accept, but I question whether Deans has the ability to get this bunch motivated to play. 2 points from a possible 33 is pathetic. It's not all on the players. They aren't blameless but it's not all on them

Previous managers have been asked for less.

When will questions be asked? He's not immune to it.
    My post from February, before the club signed Deans, still perfectly summarises my opinion:

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    My opinion is it is time Deans was given the full time job just so we can finally draw a close on that chapter. I can't see us cutting ties until we throw him in the deep end and hold him accountable for once. In his history involved in our club coaching setup I am yet to see anything of note he has actually achieved, yet somehow he still gets all this praise from somewhere. Let him go focus on his coaching courses etc, and let us aim much higher. Am absolutely happy for Deans to prove me wrong here - I'm even challenging him to.

On a side note, giving Deans the full time job now and letting him see out the next 6-18 months means we avoid having GVE back at least for that time. Then hopefully by the end of Deans' time the ownership is settled, a proper coaching staff can be hired and the rebuild can commence.
    OK

Melbourne City signed him for the remainder of the season. I doubt we could have afforded his wages to bring him back anyway.

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/n...-league-season
    OK

If deans is here next year I fear crowds and memberships will be at a all time low and wont show signs of improving
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    If deans is here next year I fear crowds and memberships will be at a all time low and wont show signs of improving
    Just another couple of KPI's that will heavily influence the powers that be to fold this clusterf^&k.

Like JP posted the 2 from 33 is a piss take of monumental proportions. We are getting very close to offering the league less than what a new club can from the ACT or Wollongong can contribute. Key favorable difference would be a new club brings money to the table a club like ours is a drain on the APL.

I fear with the lack of real quality added to the squad when there was an opportunity to do so and the appointment of Deans a cynic might think failure this season was by design.

Are we yet at the stage where most fans agree the club hired the wrong coach?

This has not been a very good season for the Newcastle Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Are we yet at the stage where most fans agree the club hired the wrong coach?
    Tactics is not a little white lolly. Yes.
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Western United got 990 people to show up to a crappy mid week game. As long as our numbers as more team theirs we are the better option than Canberra when stacked together head to head. We are a quality market that is known to show great support to a football team in the past and will do so again in the future.

My biggest worry is if someone comes up with the money for a license in another area before a new owner can be found for us. If they have the funds before we can find an owner, there's a totally different discussion to be had rather than who's the better area for a club.

Dean's may be the wrong option if we want to be successful, but keeping costs down low enough to convince these owners to foot the bill for another season is more important than winning football matches right now. So Dean's is currently the best decision we could make.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Western United got 990 people to show up to a crappy mid week game. As long as our numbers as more team theirs we are the better option than Canberra when stacked together head to head. We are a quality market that is known to show great support to a football team in the past and will do so again in the future.

My biggest worry is if someone comes up with the money for a license in another area before a new owner can be found for us. If they have the funds before we can find an owner, there's a totally different discussion to be had rather than who's the better area for a club.

Dean's may be the wrong option if we want to be successful, but keeping costs down low enough to convince these owners to foot the bill for another season is more important than winning football matches right now. So Dean's is currently the best decision we could make.
    But with Deans in charge the football us turgid, Fans cant be bothered to watch and turn up to games, So any future owner will look at us and see little interest from the locals so may not want to risk his investment here. It's not all Deans fault I know but he's playing a large part
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

The cancer has set in now, the whole team is infected
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    But with Deans in charge the football us turgid, Fans cant be bothered to watch and turn up to games, So any future owner will look at us and see little interest from the locals so may not want to risk his investment here. It's not all Deans fault I know but he's playing a large part

It's a gamble.

Dean's is the option that gives us the longest time with the current owners. But will slowly drive away casual fans. New coaches would bring in more people, but would speed up the time that the new owners are forced to sell us. Well, that's my theory anyway. The ownership group basically thinks that they can get away with terrible football for at least another year before fans stop showing up completely. And within that time they will either find new owners for the club, or new owners for the licence.