Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    It's a gamble.

Dean's is the option that gives us the longest time with the current owners. But will slowly drive away casual fans. New coaches would bring in more people, but would speed up the time that the new owners are forced to sell us. Well, that's my theory anyway. The ownership group basically thinks that they can get away with terrible football for at least another year before fans stop showing up completely. And within that time they will either find new owners for the club, or new owners for the licence.
    It's not just casual fans, People who have been memebers for years and go to every home game are getting sick of it. Iv'e missed a home game this season and just watched it at home on TV and ive turned off a few games after half time. Ill all the hate for it but this team just cant be shit year after year and fans just accept and turn up without it eventually taking a tole
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Western United got 990 people to show up to a crappy mid week game. As long as our numbers as more team theirs we are the better option than Canberra when stacked together head to head. We are a quality market that is known to show great support to a football team in the past and will do so again in the future.

My biggest worry is if someone comes up with the money for a license in another area before a new owner can be found for us. If they have the funds before we can find an owner, there's a totally different discussion to be had rather than who's the better area for a club.

Dean's may be the wrong option if we want to be successful, but keeping costs down low enough to convince these owners to foot the bill for another season is more important than winning football matches right now. So Dean's is currently the best decision we could make.
    Of course this region is deserving of a A League team over others but the competition is not run on sentiment.

Money talks bullshit walks and and the moment another consortium comes along with a proposal that adds funds to the game and not a drain on it such as ours we are walking a tightrope.

Is an A-league team in Newcastle viable, financially speaking? (my answer is NO)
    The last 2 owners ended up losing millions (in Lee's case, despite a couple of good seasons with high membership numbers).
    Local businesses haven't been paid and will never see their money.
    A prospect owner will look at the last 10 years and think: "am I ready to waste a few (many?) millions in this? In Newcastle?"
    There must be a reason if no one wants to touch this at the moment.

That's another thought, will local businesses trust the Jets again?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    It's not just casual fans, People who have been memebers for years and go to every home game are getting sick of it. Iv'e missed a home game this season and just watched it at home on TV and ive turned off a few games after half time. Ill all the hate for it but this team just cant be shit year after year and fans just accept and turn up without it eventually taking a tole
    This is what I’m most concerned about. Yes, we can have shit seasons, but the last 2-3 have been shit. And with no cause for hope in sight, why should fans reinvest? Coach appears to be out of his depth, players definitely are. Hell, I’d cop losses if deans would be courageous and make a change that is a roll of the dice, but bringing straight swaps on when things aren’t working, shows a stubbornness that would make Stubbins proud.

Honestly, I think this off-season will make or break the club, and I’m fearful it will break it, but I can’t support this shit any more.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

The unpaid debts Martin Lee racked up has turned the Jets brand to poison.

It's a lost cause beyond repair.

I reckon it will take just 2 or 3 big name signings (player and/or coach) and the atmosphere will change around the joint.

Until then we can just feel what we feel with what's put in front of us while we hope and speculate
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I reckon it will take just 2 or 3 big name signings (player and/or coach) and the atmosphere will change around the joint.

Until then we can just feel what we feel with what's put in front of us while we hope and speculate
    How do we get the funds for that without Good sponsorship, Funds from an owner and good local support? Also what big name player would want to play for Deans and our current style and if we sack Deans do we have the funds to sack a coach and get a new one. Sorry for sounding negative but cant see anyway forward atm
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

They could probably start with playing the blokes we have already signed.

A bloke playing for the Roar is gonna win the Jets players player award this year.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    How do we get the funds for that without Good sponsorship, Funds from an owner and good local support? Also what big name player would want to play for Deans and our current style and if we sack Deans do we have the funds to sack a coach and get a new one. Sorry for sounding negative but cant see anyway forward atm
    I doubt the Deans issue is a sticking point. My bet hes not on a much higher rate than he was when in his old roles. Just cut him a deal for the difference and put him back in his old job. He's been around long enough to know that staying in an A league environment is a currency in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    I doubt the Deans issue is a sticking point. My bet hes not on a much higher rate than he was when in his old roles. Just cut him a deal for the difference and put him back in his old job. He's been around long enough to know that staying in an A league environment is a currency in itself.
    Nah if being a head coach doesn't work he will leave the club

And go where? NPL?

Honestly is Damian Zane not worth a try in some capacity?

Some of you may have read that the Canberra bid team, backed by overseas football investors, is in advanced talks to enter the league.

Canberra is also being considered to enter the league sooner, possibly even in 2021-22, if one of the existing clubs falters.

I have heard that the Canberra bid team has talked with a coach who has strong links to both Newcastle and the ACT. If Newcastle were to lose its licence, I'd hope that most Newy fans would follow Canberra.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Some of you may have read that the Canberra bid team, backed by overseas football investors, is in advanced talks to enter the league.

Canberra is also being considered to enter the league sooner, possibly even in 2021-22, if one of the existing clubs falters.

I have heard that the Canberra bid team has talked with a coach who has strong links to both Newcastle and the ACT. If Newcastle were to lose its licence, I'd hope that most Newy fans would follow Canberra.
    **** no, When Newcastle get kicked out and we deserve it atm I'm not following another team, ill just stick to my overseas team and watch the odd aleague big game

love at first sight

Goodie get too go Debacle more often.

Problem is, as I see it, no decent Aussie coach or players would come near us at the moment. I feel that it would take another Carl Robinson type signing from overseas to get the change needed. I feel the longer this drags on the more our brand and attractiveness amongst the domestic market is damaged long term.

If we get a new owner, all the doom and gloom is washed away instantly. We've seen this time and time again. Once (IF?) someone walks in the door with a cheque in hand to buy the club, the media will start showing off their wealth, their plans, their new campaign to get fans back (which is nothing more than actually advertising again) and we will have our usual 8000-10000 members and similar numbers for home games almost overnight. Well, maybe after the next pay week.

The actual good news for us if we are finally sold to new owners is that we have an almost blank canvas to build a team from. Our coaching staff are on nothing wages, we don't have any highly paid players on the books next season that I can think of, we might not even have a single visa player signed for next season. The new owner would have almost the entire salary cap available to sign a first 11 and we have enough kids around to fill a bench. Then, once the membership money comes in, they can go sign a marquee or 2 and all a sudden our fans are the happiest in the league and everyone else is jealous of us.

We live in a very fickle world, unfortunately/fortunately.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

If we get a new owner, all the doom and gloom is washed away instantly. We've seen this time and time again. Once (IF?) someone walks in the door with a cheque in hand to buy the club, the media will start showing off their wealth, their plans, their new campaign to get fans back (which is nothing more than actually advertising again) and we will have our usual 8000-10000 members and similar numbers for home games almost overnight. Well, maybe after the next pay week.

The actual good news for us if we are finally sold to new owners is that we have an almost blank canvas to build a team from. Our coaching staff are on nothing wages, we don't have any highly paid players on the books next season that I can think of, we might not even have a single visa player signed for next season. The new owner would have almost the entire salary cap available to sign a first 11 and we have enough kids around to fill a bench. Then, once the membership money comes in, they can go sign a marquee or 2 and all a sudden our fans are the happiest in the league and everyone else is jealous of us.

We live in a very fickle world, unfortunately/fortunately.
    If and If.

Whats a license worth ?. The moment our current overlords injection of money to keep the club going is equal to or greater than the value of a license we are gonski.

Cous has said nothing new, Canberra have been lobbying again since mid 2020.

New Owners still need to convince the locals to come on board as sponsors and what not and theve been burned a few times before. Plus no guarantee were gonna get 8000 to 10000 members and crowds again. Not this time