Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A League - Week nfi but who cares! The sCCum lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    OK. So, what's the go on this game v Fart that's been postponed?
    Is it possible we see a scenario where the Jets and the Tards fluff their last games and
    we dodge the spoon with that game being called a draw?
    I think they'll have to look at how they got Western United out for the match and play, like, Tuesday next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Lucas scoring that second goal and then the whole team running over to support in front of the few of us newy fans who did attend was one of my favourite moments as a Jets fan in a very long time.

Was by no means a great performance, the mariners took over in the second half but still that is far and away the best result of the season. Real shame that it took this long for Deans to make some noticeable changes to the starting 11, hopefully a result like this will emphasis to him the importance of giving youth a chance and putting some players on the bench when they aren't delivering and that he carries these lessons into next season with a new crop of players.

Thought Thurgate, Mouragis, NTS and Goodwin were great.

Thurgate seems out of Olyroos contention now it seems, I daresay due to our abysmal form, and doing the same role as Ugar covering for najjarine. Looked good in that advanced role imo. Not a flair creative player, but I think he does well. That ball to Mouragis was brilliant and if that’s Diamanté or Ninkovic or Castro fux sport blow their load every time.

Roy did what a striker should do. Across hard and low. Good finish. Good composure from Goodwin, he got tempted by a long shot then assessed the situation and played a great ball, well in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Thought Thurgate, Mouragis, NTS and Goodwin were great.

Thurgate seems out of Olyroos contention now it seems, I daresay due to our abysmal form, and doing the same role as Ugar covering for najjarine. Looked good in that advanced role imo. Not a flair creative player, but I think he does well. That ball to Mouragis was brilliant and if that’s Diamanté or Ninkovic or Castro fux sport blow their load every time.

Roy did what a striker should do. Across hard and low. Good finish. Good composure from Goodwin, he got tempted by a long shot then assessed the situation and played a great ball, well in.
    I think we should utilise thurgate in that role moving forward. Sign atleast one creative adaptable wing (Castro, ninkovic type) that can tuck in allow overlapping runs. Thurgate to bounce off and play quick ball and make late runs into the box. Sign a strong tackling, sitting no 6 in the mould of kanta bit someone who actually stays fit.

So many top Jets players have come from western Sydney. It's going to be harder to find these players with three Sydney clubs, especially as their academies develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I think we should utilise thurgate in that role moving forward. Sign atleast one creative adaptable wing (Castro, ninkovic type) that can tuck in allow overlapping runs. Thurgate to bounce off and play quick ball and make late runs into the box. Sign a strong tackling, sitting no 6 in the mould of kanta bit someone who actually stays fit.
    I also think that we have one winger of that direct running-style in Champness still contracted. I want to see him in our colours next season
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I also think that we have one winger of that direct running-style in Champness still contracted. I want to see him in our colours next season
    No way Joey is with us next season

Yep agree but just don't see him wanting to play for us again

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Yep agree but just don't see him wanting to play for us again
    We don't have to release JOWIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    We don't have to release JOWIC.
    And shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    And shouldn't
    Our new owners have only our interests at heart, and would take decisions only with the needs of our club in mind.

Looks like birra had no idea where his back post was for Roy's goal

And great chase by mauragis to set his goal up

What do you think about Sonia calling a group of Australians Gypo's [sic]?

It seems rather unparliamentary, and would breach this forum's posting guidelines had she posted it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post

What do you think about Sonia calling a group of Australians Gypo's [sic]?

It seems rather unparliamentary, and would breach this forum's posting guidelines had she posted it here.
    Lighten up Gaz. Autocorrect aside it's a factual statement

Im.voting for this Sonia person from now on. Smartest politician ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Im.voting for this Sonia person from now on. Smartest politician ever.
    Dead right. Premier material here
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Sonia’s a legend. If I didn’t already live in her electorate I’d move here just so I could vote for her.

Firstly, jeez the Mariners sucked again versus Western United. Basically playing "the ball is lava" and relying on WU to be more useless than us in front of goal and outrunning a 39 yr old CB on the counter. Wellington and Perth missed out and were both way better footballing sides than them over the season. Feel bad for the Nix, they always get screwed with travel but this year was weird for them even still.

Hoffman at LCB is a different one, he's got all the attributes other than his attention span off the ball, if he can stay alert for 90 mins he could do well as an option to pass through midfield as well.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Come on city, if you have any pride you'll come out gunning for the victory today. Anything less than an 8-0 win is a loss.