Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Marquee Player shenanigans - other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    How do you know? You were too busy ducking your shout

Mate you've got the hammalanche covered for crash tackling

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Apparently Ono has had an awful run with injuries over the past few years, so the success of this deal could hinge on how his body holds up.

Also Ballack has given WSW until tomorrow to make an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Apparently Ono has had an awful run with injuries over the past few years, so the success of this deal could hinge on how his body holds up.

Also Ballack has given WSW until tomorrow to make an offer.

From the WS forums.....

Michael Ballack and his attempt at joining the Wanderers appear to be nothing more than an agent looking for a payday.

With the innuendo regarding Michael Ballack, not to mention the media reports and negativity in the football community towards any possible 'deal breaker' with Ballack, I'd like to set the record straight. The general information has come from the Wanderers organisation.

No formal discussions took place with Michael Ballack from our understanding of the situation.

I believe all media reports have been leaked by Ballack's agent.

Upon hearing of Ballack's apparent desire to play for Western Sydney Wanderers FC the club management undertook a series of steps to research and examine both Ballack personally, his level of fitness as a player and how the move would benefit the Wanderers as a club. This due diligence research included:
    He is 36 years of age as we all know.
    He has injured his knee in the last handful of seasons.
    He has ankle problems.
    He fractured his shin recently.
    In the past 3 years he has played a total of 33 League and 13 Cup or European games.
    His last actual match was on May 4th.
    He has apparently not been training since then.
    He has apparently not hired the services of a personal trainer to keep match fitness.
    He has had some alleged acrimonious departures from not just the German National team but also several clubs.
    He has been concentrating on broadcast duties recently.
    The final piece of information that must be known is the reported figure requested by his agent.

For a 6 month contract, the total fee the club would have been looking at was $2.2 million.

It is sobering to see our club being fiscally responsible and thorough in their research. It hold us in great stead for the future.

We have invested in young quality locals talent, experienced imports and a Japanese maestro.

What we all should be doing is celebrating the signing of Shinji Ono, which is confirmed. A player who not only younger than Ballack, however played only last weekend.

I haven't really kept tabs on Ballack since he left Chelsea but, according to wikipedia, he only played 4 less games that Emile Heskey did last season. The "fact" about only playing 33 league and 13 cup games in the last 3 years is not true, but obviously his recent run with injuries isn't good if that post is to be believed.

Ono's recent history seems good. It looks like that period of injury was when he was in Germany from '07-2010 where he played 32 games in 3 years.

Just on the subject of the WSW forum: a certain mod on this forum is lucky that a few of his posts concerning a certain Jets marquee player weren't on here.

Piss orf Porksey
    Those comments were made weeks ago - I was pushing for the return of Griffo
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    I haven't really kept tabs on Ballack since he left Chelsea but, according to wikipedia, he only played 4 less games that Emile Heskey did last season. The "fact" about only playing 33 league and 13 cup games in the last 3 years is not true, but obviously his recent run with injuries isn't good if that post is to be believed.

Ono's recent history seems good. It looks like that period of injury was when he was in Germany from '07-2010 where he played 32 games in 3 years.
    Apparently those "facts" where put forward by Lyall Gorman himself.

As much as most folk didn't rate Gorman as head of A-league, I must say, I've had a bit to do with him with setting up a schools program in western Sydney and he is not doing much wrong. Credit where it's due.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post

As much as most folk didn't rate Gorman as head of A-league, I must say, I've had a bit to do with him with setting up a schools program in western Sydney and he is not doing much wrong. Credit where it's due.
    As long as you don't his bare skin or make eye contact for a prolonged period your soul should still be ok.

Best carry some holy water or a garlic necklace though just to be safe.