Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

Sorry about the tiny size of that, basically says Wanderers continuing to negotiate with Kamau but also subject to an attractive offer from Jets... interesting

Quote Originally Posted by brian801 View Post
    Sorry about the tiny size of that, basically says Wanderers continuing to negotiate with Kamau but also subject to an attractive offer from Jets... interesting
    The tweet has been deleted since so not sure what that says

Warland and kamau from the same agent as the other new signings. Still been happy with the signings so far

How are the Jets outbidding other teams, let alone teams owned by our co-owner?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I reckon because we no longer have large amounts of money wrapped up in Boogs and Roy and maybe a few others.

Maybe money isn't everything and people want to work for Papas?
    I know I would take a pay cut to work somewhere I didn't hate.

Confirmed that we have signed Riley Warland

You obviously have no idea how the current ownership model works.

Quite simple really if you think about it.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Expiring 21/22
    3 Jason Hoffman – signed until 21/22
    5 Ben Kantarovski – signed until 21/22
    7 Jordan O'Doherty - signed until 21/22
    17 Valentino Yuel - signed until 21/22
    18 John Koutroumbis – signed until 21/22
    19 Kosta Petratos - signed until 21/22* - *to the best of my knowledge
    24 Joe Champness – signed until 21/22
    26 Archie Goodwin - signed until 21/22*^
    28 Blake Archbold - signed until 21/22 ^
    xx Mohamed Al-Taay - signed until 21/22

Expiring 22/23
    xx Cameron Devlin - signed until 22/23
    xx James Donachie - signed until 22/23
    27 Lucas Mauragis - signed until 22/23
    29 Connor O'Toole – signed until 22/23
    32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 22/23
    Xx Noah James - signed until 22/23
    xx Matthew Jurman - signed until 22/23
    xx Dane Ingham - signed until 22/23
    xx Riley Warland - signed until 22/23

Expiring 23/24
    23 Jack Duncan - signed until 23/24

20 players signed for next season
    - 18 A-League squad players
    - 2 Scholarships (Goodwin and Archbold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Seems more unlikely that we will sign Elsey, to me. We now have a lot of centre backs! Also seems unlikely that we will re-sign NTS too.

The one I haven't seen mentioned on here is Stametelopoulos. I wonder if we are at the point where we will offer him a season or not.

Interesting tweet I also read is that Devlin, Ingham, Jurman, Warland, Al-Taay and Arthur Papas all belong to the agency Footballhousplus (Tony Rallis). Stamatelopoulos is also a player to that agency.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I think we are set at the back now, Pappas seemingly confirming in the story he will play with a back 4. Plenty of cover here now - Ingham, Jurman, Donachie, O'Toole as starters. Hoffman, Al-Taay, Johnny, Warland as backups. Probably signals the end of NTS.

Need some another body or 2 to play centrally - Starters being Devlin, O'Doherty and Gus, Kanta who knows, Johnny in a pinch, would feel better if we signed another CM though.

Up front needs to be the focus, right now we would probably be starting Archie, Lucas and Joey if he stays. Yuel, Kosta and Archbold backing them right now. Need a big time Marquee Striker.

https://footballhouseplus.com/pages/players

A lot of current and former Jets on this list.

I don't know what to read into this about how we will set up too.

• I think our keepers are sorted. Letting one go was always going to be needed, as 3 keepers on the book in a squad-limited league is a waste.
    • Right fullback we have Ingham and Hoffman. Koutroumbis has also filled in there in the past - so could do so if needed.
    • Centrally, we have Donachie, Jurman, Koutroumbis, Warland, Al-Taay.
    • Left fullback we have O'Toole and Mauragis.
    • Centre mid we have O'Doherty, Thurgate, Devlin, Archbold, Kantarovski. Many on here think Koutroumbis is better in a holding midfield role. Personally, i'm yet to be convinced.
    • Wingers we have Champness and Petratos.
    • Strikers we have Goodwin and Yuel.

I think our remaining 3 spots need to be broken up to a midfielder, striker and winger.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    I think we are set at the back now, Pappas seemingly confirming in the story he will play with a back 4. Plenty of cover here now - Ingham, Jurman, Donachie, O'Toole as starters. Hoffman, Al-Taay, Johnny, Warland as backups. Probably signals the end of NTS.

Need some another body or 2 to play centrally - Starters being Devlin, O'Doherty and Gus, Kanta who knows, Johnny in a pinch, would feel better if we signed another CM though.

Up front needs to be the focus, right now we would probably be starting Archie, Lucas and Joey if he stays. Yuel, Kosta and Archbold backing them right now. Need a big time Marquee Striker.
    Ha! We were both thinking the same next post

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post

We need a striker and a number 10

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    This x Infinity

On the back of Papas comments that they are in " robust " discussions for quality players perhaps import players in these positions i have faith these will not be far away.

Id think Kanta will be considered more of a replacement centre back and hes def not getting a run in the mids in front of Johnny K.
    Johnny K has been great in the limited time hes spent there recently and its his favoured position. Id love to see him get an extended run there especially with mobile people around him like Odoh, Devlin and Thurgate.
    It also seems like anyone involved in that ridiculous kick off move we did last year has been jettisoned from the club. Good news, it was an embarrassment to the game. Hilariously enough I watched an U/13's team do it on the weekend. The had to do it several times because the other team kept going up the other end and scoring. It didn't work for them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I don't know what to read into this about how we will set up too.

• I think our keepers are sorted. Letting one go was always going to be needed, as 3 keepers on the book in a squad-limited league is a waste.
    • Right fullback we have Ingham and Hoffman. Koutroumbis has also filled in there in the past - so could do so if needed.
    • Centrally, we have Donachie, Jurman, Koutroumbis, Warland, Al-Taay.
    • Left fullback we have O'Toole and Mauragis.
    • Centre mid we have O'Doherty, Thurgate, Devlin, Archbold, Kantarovski. Many on here think Koutroumbis is better in a holding midfield role. Personally, i'm yet to be convinced.
    • Wingers we have Champness and Petratos.
    • Strikers we have Goodwin and Yuel.

I think our remaining 3 spots need to be broken up to a midfielder, striker and winger.

Thoughts?
    Read somewhere that al-taay's main position is defensive mid

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    And I would hope that we're looking internationally for these. All the good locals are tied up already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Id think Kanta will be considered more of a replacement centre back and hes def not getting a run in the mids in front of Johnny K.
    Johnny K has been great in the limited time hes spent there recently and its his favoured position. Id love to see him get an extended run there especially with mobile people around him like Odoh, Devlin and Thurgate.
    It also seems like anyone involved in that ridiculous kick off move we did last year has been jettisoned from the club. Good news, it was an embarrassment to the game. Hilariously enough I watched an U/13's team do it on the weekend. The had to do it several times because the other team kept going up the other end and scoring. It didn't work for them either.
    If he going to be back up CD I’d prefer NTS least he stays on the park. Oh wait I mean gets on the park