Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    New coach just ran a pen through who he doesn't want....10-12 players being spoken to now. Won't get all of course.
    10-12 about coming or 10-12 about leaving?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Coming in.

Sign this Michael Ruhs bloke from Macarthur.
    Scores on the gypos, gives the crowd the business.
    Top man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Sign this Michael Ruhs bloke from Macarthur.
    Scores on the gypos, gives the crowd the business.
    Top man.
    Saw that at the end too. I was thinking "one of us, one of us" the whole time. If he'd have kicked a sauce bottle I think I may have blown a hole in my pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    This. Any old halfwit with even little knowledge of the game would have seen Roy had no service this season.

I can only take from the decision to cut Roy that perhaps a coach has been found but not announced and talks are at a advanced stage with a striker they feel will bring more to the club with identical opportunities on the park.

There is currently nobody at the club capable of filling the role of first pick #9
    I agree with all of this. Let's get someone in that can give some service instead of flicking Roy. Roy plays for the shirt, with Boogaard departing experience is vital.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think we can find better than Roy. For all the talk of the team needing to feed him, which is sort of true, he still missed plenty of chances and he seems unable to create anything for himself.

He looked a yard off the pace all season when trying to get on the end low crosses and when he received anything inside the box I was never confident of him finishing off a half chance. I think age is just catching up with him, as it does to everyone.

A good player who did pretty well while he was here, but I think it's time to move on and find a younger striker. D'agostino is available, had a decent season even tho Perth sucked and had 45 different strikers to choose from. We probably couldn't get him, but a forward like him who can work across the front 3 would be a good move IMO.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I think we can find better than Roy.
    You are wrong. That is not a minority opinion.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think we can find better than Roy. For all the talk of the team needing to feed him, which is sort of true, he still missed plenty of chances and he seems unable to create anything for himself.

He looked a yard off the pace all season when trying to get on the end low crosses and when he received anything inside the box I was never confident of him finishing off a half chance. I think age is just catching up with him, as it does to everyone.

A good player who did pretty well while he was here, but I think it's time to move on and find a younger striker. D'agostino is available, had a decent season even tho Perth sucked and had 45 different strikers to choose from. We probably couldn't get him, but a forward like him who can work across the front 3 would be a good move IMO.
    I agree with everything youve said
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I think you're spot on
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Spot on

This. Any old halfwit with even little knowledge of the game would have seen Roy had no service this season.

I can only take from the decision to cut Roy that perhaps a coach has been found but not announced and talks are at a advanced stage with a striker they feel will bring more to the club with identical opportunities on the park.

There is currently nobody at the club capable of filling the role of first pick #9
    Spot on. The question then, is who is this coach and why hasn't it been announced? Papas is not currently under contract so would have been announced by now if it was him.

Of course we can find better, I can give you a list of 400 better strikers. The reality is we struggle to attract decent options. Why not keep Roy and get a foreigner that can play anywhere across the front line? That way there is some real competition for Roy, Yuel and Co to perform.

I agree age is catching up with him, He looked a bit slower this year. But as the second best striker stats wise in Jets history, I think we owe him the opportunity for another season. He qualifies as an Australian now, so he doesn't take a Visa spot.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Of course we can find better, I can give you a list of 400 better strikers. The reality is we struggle to attract decent options. Why not keep Roy and get a foreigner that can play anywhere across the front line? That way there is some real competition for Roy, Yuel and Co to perform.

I agree age is catching up with him, He looked a bit slower this year. But as the second best striker stats wise in Jets history, I think we owe him the opportunity for another season. He qualifies as an Australian now, so he doesn't take a Visa spot.
    Honestly from what I’ve seen this season. If we bring in a main striker or Forward, I’d want Archie to be getting the supplementary game time over Roy. Roy is hardly elusive, hardly clinical and not able to conjure something. He scores poacher goals.
    I’m grateful for his contribution and his passion for this club, and I know he didn’t get much service this season, but I can’t condemn the club for wanting to be better.

If there’s 2 players, the quality / $$$ trade off is similar, then I’d be happy to keep Roy, stay loyal to existing players or a local Option. But if there’s a better option, we need to take it to be better.
    Sentiment gets you nowhere in this game.
    If Roy was on average squad player wages, I’d have him. If he’s commanding starter wages, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Honestly from what I’ve seen this season. If we bring in a main striker or Forward, I’d want Archie to be getting the supplementary game time over Roy. Roy is hardly elusive, hardly clinical and not able to conjure something. He scores poacher goals.
    I’m grateful for his contribution and his passion for this club, and I know he didn’t get much service this season, but I can’t condemn the club for wanting to be better.

If there’s 2 players, the quality / $$$ trade off is similar, then I’d be happy to keep Roy, stay loyal to existing players or a local Option. But if there’s a better option, we need to take it to be better.
    Sentiment gets you nowhere in this game.
    If Roy was on average squad player wages, I’d have him. If he’s commanding starter wages, no thanks.
    Throw the kitchen sink at Parsons from Roar !!

What's Fornaroli's contract situation at the moment?

What's Fornaroli's contract situation at the moment?
    Contract would be up, but haven't seen anything about him leaving tho.

can we do a reality check here that this is the Jets we are talking about, we more likely than not don't have the money to replace Roy so we'll wait till just before season start when there are no first string strikers around then sign a VPL striker and then we'll all be wondering why we have no senior striker in the team to mentor the young guys, we might even do the same with NTS's spot, classic Jets behaviour, rinse repeat...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

If the club doesn't secure a seasoned striker to replace Roy and a genuine #10 this will be the last season for the club.

Anything less and we don't go anywhere near being a good flip for the blokes currently funding us.

My concern with the recruitment process is does this mean any player the club deems marquee money spot or the other two allocations and must be signed off by the other club owners thus giving them first refusal after our blokes do the leg work.

Would love to hear from Mattiske when it comes to filling these significant wage spots and how this works as far as confidentiality goes ?.

If the club doesn't secure a seasoned striker to replace Roy and a genuine #10 this will be the last season for the club.

Anything less and we don't go anywhere near being a good flip for the blokes currently funding us.

My concern with the recruitment process is does this mean any player the club deems marquee money spot or the other two allocations and must be signed off by the other club owners thus giving them first refusal after our blokes do the leg work.

Would love to hear from Mattiske when it comes to filling these significant wage spots and how this works as far as confidentiality goes ?.
    Mattiske the man of mystery. Is he actually here or does he work from home or Lederer’s office in Sydney.

Can anyone post up the article from today's Herald regarding player retention / wish list?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen