Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

All under the thumb of the same Agent as well.

Confirmed Jordan Elsey has signed on!

Expiring 21/22
    3 Jason Hoffman – signed until 21/22
    5 Ben Kantarovski – signed until 21/22
    7 Jordan O'Doherty - signed until 21/22
    17 Valentino Yuel - signed until 21/22
    18 John Koutroumbis – signed until 21/22
    19 Kosta Petratos - signed until 21/22* - *to the best of my knowledge
    24 Joe Champness – signed until 21/22
    26 Archie Goodwin - signed until 21/22*^
    28 Blake Archbold - signed until 21/22 ^
    xx Mohamed Al-Taay - signed until 21/22

Expiring 22/23
    xx Cameron Devlin - signed until 22/23
    xx James Donachie - signed until 22/23
    27 Lucas Mauragis - signed until 22/23
    29 Connor O'Toole – signed until 22/23
    32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 22/23
    Xx Noah James - signed until 22/23
    xx Matthew Jurman - signed until 22/23
    xx Dane Ingham - signed until 22/23
    xx Riley Warland - signed until 22/23
    xx Beka Mikeltadze - signed until 22/23 #
    xx Jordan Elsey - signed until 22/23

Expiring 23/24
    23 Jack Duncan - signed until 23/24

22 players signed for next season
    - 20 A-League squad players
    - 1 Visa spot (Mikeltadze)
    - 2 Scholarships (Goodwin and Archbold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

We're taking the approach we took under Miller. He was brought in when there was a chance to overhaul the squad. We did and gave everyone contracts within the length of the manger's.

A lot of central defenders on the books. No chance NTS is coming back and I dare say we will see Johnny K or Donachie leave.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Pretty confident Donachie will go back to Victory or abroad. Champness will probably stay at Roar as well. So, we just need to resign Stametelopolous (don't make me google it to check spelling) and another Castro style forward/attacking mid and i'm happy enough for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Pretty confident Donachie will go back to Victory or abroad. Champness will probably stay at Roar as well. So, we just need to resign Stametelopolous (don't make me google it to check spelling) and another Castro style forward/attacking mid and i'm happy enough for now.
    Actually, we probably need those 2 plus another attacking option/backup 9. Just checked and we've only got Yuel, Archie and Kosta. Unless Ingham has been signed for the RW spot or we are moving to a back 3.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    All under the thumb of the same Agent as well.
    That can destroy clubs... not build them!

We're taking the approach we took under Miller. He was brought in when there was a chance to overhaul the squad. We did and gave everyone contracts within the length of the manger's.

A lot of central defenders on the books. No chance NTS is coming back and I dare say we will see Johnny K or Donachie leave.
    I'm working on the assumption we're planning our squad for the ACL. 😀

Looks like NTS won't be offered a new contract. If so that is really poor form, I get the whole thing about moving in a new direction but he has been a consistent performer for years now and deserved at least another season.

Matt Jurman is a good player, but he has played for 5 different clubs in the last 5 years. It's hard to suggest he is in for the long haul, in that case it was probably off better sticking with NTS for another season at least

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Looks like NTS won't be offered a new contract. If so that is really poor form, I get the whole thing about moving in a new direction but he has been a consistent performer for years now and deserved at least another season.

Matt Jurman is a good player, but he has played for 5 different clubs in the last 5 years. It's hard to suggest he is in for the long haul, in that case it was probably off better sticking with NTS for another season at least
    Poor form because the club/coach want to go in a new Direction and don't see him in their plans? Welcome to football brutha.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

There's 7 years difference between them.

No doubt NTS has been a loyal servant to the club but there comes a time where the two must go their separate ways.

And sure Jurman has played for 5 clubs in 5 seasons, but if you go back a little more he's signed for 7 clubs in 13 seasons. Not that bad. ANd if he does leave, we've signed the entire back catalogue of A-League defenders so we have successions plans in place.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 09-07-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Looks like NTS won't be offered a new contract. If so that is really poor form, I get the whole thing about moving in a new direction but he has been a consistent performer
    He was a consistent performer for Sydney and left.
    He was a consistent performer for Perth and left.
    He was a consistent performer for the Jets and left.
    He was a consistent performer for Wanderers and left.
    He was a consistent performer for Hatta club and left.

If anyone is going to understand how football works its this fella.
    Loved him as a player, and will cheer him wherever* he ends up.
    But he's gone, and there ain't nothing we can do about it.

*if he goes to the gypos he can rot in hell....or Gosford whichever is closer.

Question about the squad, then, as it looks like NTS won't be signed.

Who will be the captain? The last captain that wasn't NTS or Boogaard was Jason Hoffman

Question about the squad, then, as it looks like NTS won't be signed.

Who will be the captain? The last captain that wasn't NTS or Boogaard was Jason Hoffman
    If I was a betting man I'd think Papas would be picking the best leader in the group regardless of any local ties so any of the new players would be a chance (and I agree with that).

If they buckle to the minority cry about 'someone local' they may bring in that club captain bullshit position and let it be Kanta or Hoff.

The more I read about this Papas fella hes all about getting it right on the park and not bothering with sentiment. Its what good organisations do. Leave the emotion to the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    If I was a betting man I'd think Papas would be picking the best leader in the group regardless of any local ties so any of the new players would be a chance (and I agree with that).

If they buckle to the minority cry about 'someone local' they may bring in that club captain bullshit position and let it be Kanta or Hoff.

The more I read about this Papas fella hes all about getting it right on the park and not bothering with sentiment. Its what good organisations do. Leave the emotion to the fans.
    I agree. It needs to be the best for the role.

My bet is Jurman (at this stage). Certain he took that role at WSW previously. I think Elsey is quite a talker, too, but I think is too eratic for the role. Calm heads and all that are needed in the role.

I agree. It needs to be the best for the role.

My bet is Jurman (at this stage). Certain he took that role at WSW previously. I think Elsey is quite a talker, too, but I think is too eratic for the role. Calm heads and all that are needed in the role.
    Yeah I agree with you..
    Although, it might calm Elsey down a bit too? I feel Boogs was a LOT more calm and reserved after becoming captain for us..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yeah I agree with you..
    Although, it might calm Elsey down a bit too? I feel Boogs was a LOT more calm and reserved after becoming captain for us..
    Boogs was captain from day dot at us wasn't he?

Tony Rallis: "There's a few more exciting acquisitions to happen at the Jets, that Arthur Papas is working on. There'll be an exciting announcement from the Jets in the regards to the Asia, South Pacific region."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Tony Rallis: "There's a few more exciting acquisitions to happen at the Jets, that Arthur Papas is working on. There'll be an exciting announcement from the Jets in the regards to the Asia, South Pacific region."
    Where is that quote from?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Boogs was captain from day dot at us wasn't he?
    Yes, he was. He took over from the "rotating 4" that Phil Stubbins implemented after Kew Jaliens was terminated with the other 4 following the 7-0 Adelaide loss.

Who remembers who the "rotating 4" were?