Expiring 22/23
    xx James Donachie - signed until 22/23
    27 Lucas Mauragis - signed until 22/23
    29 Connor O'Toole – signed until 22/23
    32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 22/23
    Xx Noah James - signed until 22/23

Expiring 23/24
    23 Jack Duncan - signed until 23/24

I'll keep this up to date as we go along through next season.

Mods - can you please sticky this thread and replace the old one.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 11-06-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Expiring 21/22
    3 Jason Hoffman – signed until 21/22
    5 Ben Kantarovski – signed until 21/22
    17 Valentino Yuel - signed until 21/22
    18 John Koutroumbis – signed until 21/22
    19 Kosta Petratos - signed until 21/22* - *to the best of my knowledge
    24 Joe Champness – signed until 21/22
    28 Blake Archbold - signed until 21/22

Expiring 22/23
    xx James Donachie - signed until 22/23
    27 Lucas Mauragis - signed until 22/23
    29 Connor O'Toole – signed until 22/23
    32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 22/23
    Xx Noah James - signed until 22/23

Expiring 23/24
    23 Jack Duncan - signed until 23/24

I'll keep this up to date as we go along through next season.

Get Champness and Donachie back and throw a heap at Amini

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Get Champness and Donachie back and throw a heap at Amini
    I swear some people just don't learn their lessons. Amini is tainted, doesn't matter how good he is. That little line on his CV that's says he was once a filthy Gypo means he will never succeed with us.

Tell you what tho, if he rocks up with a "Hutcho is a twat" shirt on and signs for us I'll be more than happy.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Also, I don't say it enough, but I love you and everything you do Jeterpool. Thank you for this list.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Also, I don't say it enough, but I love you and everything you do Jeterpool. Thank you for this list.
    You're welcome
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Breaking the squad down, we ideally have coverage at goal keeper between James and Duncan, though I have a sneaky feeling Italiano is signed next season though I can't find where.

Left back is also covered well.

I would execute O'Doherty's option for another season. I would also sign NTS for another season and possibly O'Donovan but both as a bench role. We need to even out the age profile of the squad but you still need some experienced heads and leadership around.

We can't rely on Johnny K's fitness, but next to Donachie he would likely start. If we play 3 at the back we need another CB.

We can't rely on Kanta either. He's essentially taking a squad spot we simply can't afford to keep holding.

If I were signing players, I would look at a 10 or a wide playmaker first, then a 9 and then a 6. Build the rest from there.

Formation depends on the coach but I think Hoffman plays a role at RB and Champness fits on the left, however I'm not convinced Champness will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Second that, great work mate.

Swear the herald said earlier this season he got a new deal, Italiano that is but yeah cant find anything
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

So... I'm genuinely excited for next season and I think you're all going to love why.

If Lawrie is finally gone, as people have mentioned but not shown me anything official yet, and we only resign a few certain players from this year...we may have finally purged the club of ex-gypos for the first time in recent memory.

This is the best news we've had for so long I swear I could cry.

Roy, whom I love because he told the silly marching band fans to shove it, has shown that he's lost a lot of what we signed him for nowadays. Although he might be a good option off the bench, personally I think we should let him go and focus on signing a decent 9 with the majority of the budget we have left.

O'Doherty should definitely be resigned/activated.
    Hoffman can do a few jobs and plays for the badge, resign.
    Resign Johnny K, please.
    NTS can still play in a 3 or as a backup.
    Boogs should be moved to the backroom and let him begin his obvious coaching career.
    I'd be happy for another year of Stametelopoulos, I think in a more functional attack he is more than good enough for the bench and he can't be on big money.
    I'd like us to make a move for Ramy, because they won't need him for a few years anyway, but I think he may have better options elsewhere.
    Prso might be worth another deal if he's cheap and wants to stay in Aus for another year. But not the biggest loss.

Cut the rest, especially Millar. I hope someone makes sure to let him know that it's not us, it's him. I don't want any lingering thoughts of him ever coming back to us.

That leaves us needing a good striker badly, another wide player, an experienced quality 6 and a proper RB. That should be achievable with the budget we have left.

Not the only thing that got sticky when I saw you were doing this for us..
    Thanks heaps Jeterpool... Legend..

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    throw a heap at Amini
    Happy to help out here. Just let me know what we're throwing at the gypo turd.

Agree with Frodo on most points, but I'd not be upset to lose Prso as I dont think he'll be cheap.
    All gypos out.
    Hoff captain.
    Boom, give us the dunny seat now.

2 biggest investments. Go to Spain and pick up an experienced #6 there will be plenty playing 2nd/3rd tier with a bunch of La Liga experience.
    Better backroom fitness crew. We pick up shit injuries and have an awful time getting our lads back on the park.

I know it's sbs but apparently 2 of pappas' first signings will be dane Ingham and cam devlin. Personally I'd definitely be happy with devlin in midfield for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I know it's sbs but apparently 2 of pappas' first signings will be dane Ingham and cam devlin. Personally I'd definitely be happy with devlin in midfield for us.
    Ingham is an interesting one. Right back is a spot we need to cover and appears acceptance Millar is off.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 09-06-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Ingham is an interesting one. He played left back on the weekend against us - a position we have decent coverage.

Is he a LB or was he simply filling in?
    He is right footed, mainly played Rb and on the wings at Brisbane. Perth have high hopes for Rawlins at Rb so I suppose Ingham looking elsewhere. He was filling in for ota at left back against us.

He is right footed, mainly played Rb and on the wings at Brisbane. Perth have high hopes for Rawlins at Rb so I suppose Ingham looking elsewhere. He was filling in for ota at left back against us.
    Awesome. Cheers

That's two very good signings if true. Devlin means Thurgate gets to stay in the 10 role and means we likely have enough control in the middle to compete with anyone with the ball. Dane Ingham is also an upgrade on Millar or Hoffman from what I've seen. Can actually pass a ball to a team mate, so already light years ahead of Matt.

Ingham is a plodder at best, The reason he has never nailed down a regular starting spot anywhere. I am better than Millar so that is saying nothing and even at Min wage that would be too much for Ingham.

As for Devlin he is the mongrel get under the skin type our middle of the park needs.

Had a quick look at the wellington forum and they seem unhappy about losing Devlin which is for sure a positive. If other people are disappointed to lose you then that can only be considered a good thing for us and if we keep on O'Doherty thats our midfield pairing for the season and we didn't have to splash out a lot of money for it.

Overall seems to be the exact right signing for our club, more guys like him and a couple of quality internationals and we could be looking the goods for sure.

Not overall thrilled with Ingham, been in the league a while and never seems to have made much of a splash, maybe coming here and being given a spot could be what he needs but i don't find it likely

Also learnt in my brief little look through their forum that Krishna is a free agent atm and although it's doubtful we'd sign him he's definitely a player i'd love to see here
    Last edited by Mark325; 09-06-2021 at 03:21 PM.