Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    It is spot on for rusted ons like you and i for sure, We will show regardless of how the squad is shaping. The bigger picture is a requirement for increased corporate interest and greater sponsorship prospects notwithstanding a sharp upturn in membership before the season kicks off.

This club is in the process of trying to be flipped so optics play a major part of the selling process and anything less than whats perceived to be a more competitive squad than the season just gone from the outset we will not see those critical areas dealt with.
    Did the club fare better with Heskey or the grand final year?
    Ill let you all tell me but I know what I'd rather.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Couldn't be further from spot on
    Old 2bob out here wishing our club had enough clout to get Josh Kennedy off the lounge to come have a kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Did the club fare better with Heskey or the grand final year?
    Ill let you all tell me but I know what I'd rather.
    Once again you have missed my point. Its not what you or i think, WE ARE RUSTED ON. No one gives a shit at the club what you or i think about the squad because we are going to pony up with our dosh for a membership no matter how crap our team might look on paper.

Now go and ask somebody who use to be member, one of those missing 5000 and see what they want and i will bet my last dollar and my lower left one it is a better squad than this seasons on paper if you want them to come back and renew. It is only with an increased interest from the public will the corporates/sponsors then return.

The club or more to the point the other clubs owners paying our bills not just want growth but need it and in that case they need to be selling better shit than last season.

Poor membership, Poverty pack squad and poor revenues from sponsorship and corporates don't look to good when running through the features and benefits of the football club to a prospective buyer.

Once again you have missed my point. Its not what you or i think, WE ARE RUSTED ON. No one gives a shit at the club what you or i think about the squad because we are going to pony up with our dosh for a membership no matter how crap our team might look on paper.

Now go and ask somebody who use to be member, one of those missing 5000 and see what they want and i will bet my last dollar and my lower left one it is a better squad than this seasons on paper if you want them to come back and renew.
    Nah, I get your point. You want hype up front to get em interested and that's cool.
    But I look at it this way. No one cared when we signed Nabbout, but they ALL cared after that RAAF round game vs Sydney.

I dont care what names they put down on paper, give the public an experience like that every week and they will buy in. If I remember it was close to 20k that day, way more than rusted on types like you and I.

Don't believe me, then go back and look at our crowds for the 1st few matches that year to what we ended up with. And why did that happen? The names were the same but the results changed.

Sport essentially is trafficking in hope. Yes you can provide that up front by signing some dudes, but nothing beats the end result.

Our best (non Griff) players over the last few years have had no hype. Song, Byun, Nabbout, Ugaboogaman, Champness, McGree. All of them gave us more on the pitch than the likes of Heskey, Wessi and whoever those 2 Malaysian dudes were supposed to be last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Nah, I get your point. You want hype up front to get em interested and that's cool.
    But I look at it this way. No one cared when we signed Nabbout, but they ALL cared after that RAAF round game vs Sydney.

I dont care what names they put down on paper, give the public an experience like that every week and they will buy in. If I remember it was close to 20k that day, way more than rusted on types like you and I.

Don't believe me, then go back and look at our crowds for the 1st few matches that year to what we ended up with. And why did that happen? The names were the same but the results changed.

Sport essentially is trafficking in hope. Yes you can provide that up front by signing some dudes, but nothing beats the end result.

Our best (non Griff) players over the last few years have had no hype. Song, Byun, Nabbout, Ugaboogaman, Champness, McGree. All of them gave us more on the pitch than the likes of Heskey, Wessi and whoever those 2 Malaysian dudes were supposed to be last year.
    I don't think you get anything mate, you are a facebook fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Val Maglicio saying we've signed an Adelaide United starting XI centre back.

Gotta be Elsey
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I don't think you get anything mate, you are a facebook fan
    Sorry, just to clarify. Do you mean a fan of the Jets who is on Facebook or a fan of Facebook the actual platform?

I feel it's an important distinction.

Cheers in advance.

ghost of plague.

Ramy to WSW, good business by our owners to get him loan at the feeder club before signing him permanently with the main team.

https://kick360.com.au/adelaide-brac...tain-jets-off/

'Losing out on a required player in favour to an A-League rival will be seen as a significant blow for the Reds, with Adelaide’s offer reportedly falling someway short of the one on the table from the Jets.'

based on this quote it seems like we've paid overs for elsey which isn't ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    https://kick360.com.au/adelaide-brac...tain-jets-off/

'Losing out on a required player in favour to an A-League rival will be seen as a significant blow for the Reds, with Adelaide’s offer reportedly falling someway short of the one on the table from the Jets.'

based on this quote it seems like we've paid overs for elsey which isn't ideal
    Paid overs is subjective - depends on what Adelaide offered him!
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Ramy to WSW, good business by our owners to get him loan at the feeder club before signing him permanently with the main team.
    No loss, too soft, injury prone, Devlin far better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Ramy and Stevie U were in our midfield this year. How’d that turn out

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Agree on Naj, One good game a month from him was not justification to keep him.

Devlin has that annoying to the opposition prick of an attitude and ability to back it up.

Been saying for a couple of seasons Elsey is a good footballer , Has his spaz moments but all CD's do.

Been saying for a couple of seasons Elsey is a good footballer , Has his spaz moments but all CD's do.
    Sounds like a CD we have just named a medal after. He will fit in perfectly

Watch this space ay?:
    https://www.newcastlejetsfc.com.au/n...ransfer-centre

Interesting for the time being Champness and Donachie are listed as returning from loan (and Noah James the young goalie), wonder if that is confirmed or just hopeful?

PS: Don't mind the gold and black logo, can we keep it???
    Last edited by turbojetfireV8; 28-06-2021 at 10:05 PM. Reason: PS
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

So looks like Devlin is confirmed now..
    Jets just posted something on facey.

Expiring 21/22
    1 Lewis Italiano - signed until 21/22
    3 Jason Hoffman – signed until 21/22
    5 Ben Kantarovski – signed until 21/22
    17 Valentino Yuel - signed until 21/22
    18 John Koutroumbis – signed until 21/22
    19 Kosta Petratos - signed until 21/22* - *to the best of my knowledge
    24 Joe Champness – signed until 21/22
    26 Archie Goodwin - signed until 21/22*
    28 Blake Archbold - signed until 21/22

Expiring 22/23
    xx Cameron Devlin - signed until 22/23
    xx James Donachie - signed until 22/23
    27 Lucas Mauragis - signed until 22/23
    29 Connor O'Toole – signed until 22/23
    32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 22/23
    Xx Noah James - signed until 22/23

Expiring 23/24
    23 Jack Duncan - signed until 23/24

I'll keep this up to date as we go along through next season.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 29-06-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Expiring 21/22
    1 Lewis Italiano - signed until 21/22
    3 Jason Hoffman – signed until 21/22
    5 Ben Kantarovski – signed until 21/22
    17 Valentino Yuel - signed until 21/22
    18 John Koutroumbis – signed until 21/22
    19 Kosta Petratos - signed until 21/22* - *to the best of my knowledge
    24 Joe Champness – signed until 21/22
    28 Blake Archbold - signed until 21/22

Expiring 22/23
    xx Cameron Devlin - signed until 22/23
    xx James Donachie - signed until 22/23
    27 Lucas Mauragis - signed until 22/23
    29 Connor O'Toole – signed until 22/23
    32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 22/23
    Xx Noah James - signed until 22/23

Expiring 23/24
    23 Jack Duncan - signed until 23/24

I'll keep this up to date as we go along through next season.
    Archie Goodwin is missing from this list

I'd still be looking to offload Connor O'Toole if we can for someone that can defend and cross a ball into the box.
    He's not hopeless but he's lazy at times tracking back and when he was unavailable we definitely looked a better team.

I'd let Yuel go - he's been worked out by defenders now and his lack of composure in front of goal isn't something we can afford.
    Petratos I don't know ? He's never really been given much of a chance - but he's always made a solid effort whenever he's made an appearance.

Devlin is a great signing. Probably spells the end of Kanta though if he doesn't get fit very soon.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 29-06-2021 at 12:14 PM.