Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    You guys realise we basically got free money right? This is good business!
    Agreed good business if they then get a decent replacement

if being the operative word I think, we need to ensure we do recruit someone with the same potential even if they haven't shown it yet, to date we haven't been real good at that though, but as long as the replacement isn't another journeyman who has proven they aint ever gonna be more than pedestrian, there may be hope (better that than hype I guess)
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Dimi to WSW.

This having Lederer as one of our overlords is really working out for us eh ?.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Dimi to WSW.

This having Lederer as one of our overlords is really working out for us eh ?.
    Can only hope they have a “+ my brothers” clause too.

Wanderers get to enjoy watching Dimi take 7 touches too many and stifle any attack. Every. Damn. Time!

They are definitely building an interesting roster, plenty of experience fighting off wooden spoons. Hopefully it serves them well when Robbo continues to struggle and they finish beneath us. LMAO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Wanderers get to enjoy watching Dimi take 7 touches too many and stifle any attack. Every. Damn. Time!

They are definitely building an interesting roster, plenty of experience fighting off wooden spoons. Hopefully it serves them well when Robbo continues to struggle and they finish beneath us. LMAO.
    It’s an odd one at Wanderers cause they are recruiting from the team that’s propped up the comp lately. I’m not sure I’m that upset that we have lost these players. I get a feeling from Papas that we can trust the process

Carl brings on the guy he put on the bench for most of the games he coached. Squad filler
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I'm not going to cry over a gifted yet ultimately ineffective player (that we made money from selling) moving to another club.

Past his best. on loan, would not adapt to Papas style, probably asked to come here first and we said no. Still living off one free kick and one season under Ernie.

Good to see no grovelling from the club. We might be growing up a bit.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Past his best. on loan, would not adapt to Papas style, probably asked to come here first and we said no. Still living off one free kick and one season under Ernie.

Good to see no grovelling from the club. We might be growing up a bit.
    I agree he wouldn’t fit in. Doesn’t like to work without the ball

Is Jowic back yet or was it just spin he'd be back?

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Is Jowic back yet or was it just spin he'd be back?
    Good question! Anyone been at training?

I went to Speers a couple of weeks ago but either they had the morning off or were inside.

If it were not for the Covid testing traffic jam i would go do my legal exercise and have a look and report back.

According to the Herald:
    Devlin is seemingly a lock to leave
    Champness still wants to go back to Brisbane.
    Eli Babalj, Tommy Semmy, and Kosta Grozos are on training contracts and all looking to earn a full-time deal.
    Yared Abetew is also trialling with us.
    We have up to 8 places to fill on the roster.

And according to Peter Petrov on Twitter, we are one of the clubs looking to sign Jacob Pepper whose contract with Madura was terminated

I have no issues with letting go of Champness if he really doesn't wanna be here. Don't want Babalj or Pepper, and would be okay with taking Semmy (would be a visa player), Grozos and Abetew
    Last edited by Mark325; 14-08-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    According to the Herald:
    Eli Babalj, Tommy Semmy, and Kosta Grozos are on training contracts and all looking to earn a full-time deal.

And according to Peter Petrov on Twitter, we are one of the clubs looking to sign Jacob Pepper whose contract with Madura was terminated

I have no issues with letting go of Champness if he really doesn't wanna be here. Don't want Babalj or Pepper, and would be okay with taking Semmy (would be a visa player), Grozos and Abetew
    I can see why they would Pepper he’s a local kid that can run all day and gives you cover at midfield and Centre back. Plus can’t imagine is asking for the world

I do have a problem with letting Champness go, I think we're going to be a lot thinner in attack than we might be led to believe, and trying to get Champness back on board by convincing him it's worth his while to be part of the team should have been a priority (at least until Wankerers then stole him off us on a free transfer halfway through the season...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    According to the Herald:

Agree on Champness, after last season we learned that if players don't want to be around their performances drop.

Bit hard to get pumped for the new season with all the Covid19 around. Plus I think the new owners have really shown their hand. It's all about the business side of things now, as apposed to the previous Newcastle Jets setup.

Out goes Lawrie and Joel, The old administration. Out also goes around half the squad including senior players Topor Stanley and O'Donovan.

In comes a new coach and a heap of new players. It's clear that the New owners aren't really concerned about having a huge Newcastle flavour about the side, this appears to be about getting a new squad in that will be competitive and give talent from all around Australia an opportunity to play and possibly put themselves in the shop window for overseas transfers which will benefit the club and players.

The only reason Hoffman and Kanta are still around is that they are both still under contract. They would want to have bumper seasons otherwise they will be gone at season's end.

I reckon they'll release champness when/if the visas get approved for the overseas attackers we have agreed to terms with

Seems we are signing Oliver Boumal on a 1 year deal. Cameroonian winger
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

YouTube scouting time it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.