Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

Can score a goal without kicking a goalkeeper in the face, which is good considering our history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Will wait and see how we set up around him.

Could turn out to be a Berisha, in so much as didn't score often overseas but tears it up here. Or he could be Guy Bates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Will wait and see how we set up around him.

Could turn out to be a Berisha, in so much as didn't score often overseas but tears it up here. Or he could be Guy Bates.
    He was AO Xanthi's 3rd best scorer in the league from what i'm reading (the club only scored 24 goals all season compared to 35 for the league winners). Greek 2nd division is a slight step up from the A League and Xanthi finished 2nd but lost the promotion play off game, I think.

Looks like he could definitely do well here considering the leagues he's played in and his age. A season or 2 banging them in for us and he can go back to a 2nd or 3rd tier european league at 25/26 yrs old. Or he might be our Berisha and keep getting national team call ups whist enjoying the Newy life, lol.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Somebody called me and tried to pronounce his name.
    I said, "Who, this guy?"

s-l300.jpg
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Somebody called me and tried to pronounce his name.
    I said, "Who, this guy?"

s-l300.jpg
    If those blokes, *who dressed up at Topor's troop*, start calling themselves Beka's Beakers, and dressing up like Bunsen and Beaker, I will be immensely happy.
    Last edited by Frodo; 07-07-2021 at 01:36 PM. Reason: More Info

I'll stop now. But this is the 2nd of the promotion play off game against Panetolikos (2nd last team from the top division) that AO Xanthi won 2-1. Ultimately they stayed down on away goals (2-2 after a 1-0 loss away) but it shows Beka scoring in the 71st minute and the overall level of play betwen the best teams in the 2nd division and the worst from the 1st division. Our boy came off the bench, but scored a good goal and the overall play looked a level or two above what we play here, from the absolutely miniscule amount i've seen.

Arthur Diles has just come to us from Xanthi as well so he would have worked quite closely with him

I also find it a bit interesting that we've signed him for two years, feels like we usually end up signing these internationals for one year and then they wash out so I'm happy seeing us commit to something slightly longer
    Last edited by Mark325; 07-07-2021 at 02:50 PM.

What's with all the sh!tposting online about Brilliante? Someone know something? Or just banter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    What's with all the sh!tposting online about Brilliante? Someone know something? Or just banter?
    cant find anything about this anywhere, is it on facey or twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    cant find anything about this anywhere, is it on facey or twitter?
    Facebook. Would be a nice pick up but not holding my breath. Imagine the headline...The Beard is Back!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Given we’ve signed 3 people from Xanthi, and the owner of Xanthi is Bill Papas, we could hope.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Did we get a new marketing person or they just finally get to use their skills to announce something, anything! I can’t remember so much hype/media/announcements around a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Did we get a new marketing person or they just finally get to use their skills to announce something, anything! I can’t remember so much hype/media/announcements around a season.
    We've got Nathan Ryan who used to be at the Knights. He joined last year or earlier this year. Can't recall when I had my first meeting with him
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Got kinda forced out of the Knights due to foxsports crying. He used to stop them talking to players when he could see they needed a break or something. (This is just the rumour that circulated at the time)
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Given we’ve signed 3 people from Xanthi, and the owner of Xanthi is Bill Papas, we could hope.
    Does anyone know anymore about his $200 million fraud case? Last I can see he's hiding in Greece, after he watched them play their promotion play off games. Can't make any sense of what happened after that.

Maybe, he's looking to buy us out? Or maybe he's gonna lose Xanthi FC and is hooking Arthur up before he does?

No idea

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Does anyone know anymore about his $200 million fraud case? Last I can see he's hiding in Greece, after he watched them play their promotion play off games. Can't make any sense of what happened after that.

Maybe, he's looking to buy us out? Or maybe he's gonna lose Xanthi FC and is hooking Arthur up before he does?

No idea
    Are they related??
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Apparently we are making another signing tomorrow

Seems to be Elsey with the y hint and use of the word else earlier in the sentence
    Last edited by Mark325; 07-07-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Apparently we are making another signing tomorrow

Seems to be Elsey with the y hint and use of the word else earlier in the sentence
    Just saw that too. Must mean Donachie is likely heading elsewhere. Unless Papas is playing 3 at the back with 2 in midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Just saw that too. Must mean Donachie is likely heading elsewhere. Unless Papas is playing 3 at the back with 2 in midfield?
    Donachie and Champness are staying with us as far as Ive heard, Papas wants us to start putting the club first

love at first sight

Wait wait wait.hold up a minute.
    So we are getting offloaded players from shady Bills old club and no one is concerned at all of any shenanigans going on?

Holy smokes lads, we may have just done it again. Tinkler 4.0