Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

According to Rob Dillon in the herald, "Penha shapes as a direct replacement for Cameron Devlin"

I was of the belief Penha was more of a CAM, so either Dillon is off base, they viewed Devlin as the type of midfielder that would get up the pitch and they wanna use Penha in that role or Penha isn't as attacking based as we thought.

I swear the number started at 3 visa players but slowly got changed to 2, so one of them might have fallen through at some stage.

Whilst I agree about another striker, I honestly think the club is gonna wanna push Goodwin to get game time, so he might take priority as the backup striker. The crowd really got behind him at the backend of the season.

Also saw in the herald that Babalj and Semmy are still on training contracts, I have a feeling if we sign anymore attacking based players they are gonna be it. The other 2 signings should be to strengthen up the mids I would say
    Last edited by Mark325; 21-08-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Dillion is a moron, I wouldnt go off anything he says about football
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    According to Rob Dillon in the herald, "Penha shapes as a direct replacement for Cameron Devlin"

I was of the belief Penha was more of a CAM, so either Dillon is off base, they viewed Devlin as the type of midfielder that would get up the pitch and they wanna use Penha in that role or Penha isn't as attacking based as we thought.

I swear the number started at 3 visa players but slowly got changed to 2, so one of them might have fallen through at some stage.

Whilst I agree about another striker, I honestly think the club is gonna wanna push Goodwin to get game time, so he might take priority as the backup striker. The crowd really got behind him at the backend of the season.

Also saw in the herald that Babalj and Semmy are still on training contracts, I have a feeling if we sign anymore attacking based players they are gonna be it. The other 2 signings should be to strengthen up the mids I would say
    Yeah when I read that article at first I genuinely thought someone from Northern alaska with no idea what football/soccer is had written it and then I saw it was Robert Dillon had so I wished I hadn't bothered.

The Dill can't write a football article. Note the number of times he fills one reeling off the players that have left, just to fill his word count.

According to a Herald article today Jets are still looking for a Devlin replacement.

Apparently Al-Taay has been impressive in training so could see him temporarily in that role and Kanta is recovering from surgery which is good to hear

According to a Herald article today Jets are still looking for a Devlin replacement.

Apparently Al-Taay has been impressive in training so could see him temporarily in that role and Kanta is recovering from surgery which is good to hear
    Which surgery was this?
    Any timeline on wtf Kanta has been suffering

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Which surgery was this?
    Any timeline on wtf Kanta has been suffering
    Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I think this role will be vital and we need a more experienced option. Might have to look overseas because I can't see an option locally unless we look at pepper and, as much as I'd like another newy bloke in the team, he doesn't have the desired quality we need in that role imo. Then again he could be a decent foil for thurgate.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Everything
    In all seriousness, where has Kanta been?
    I could be very wrong, i've had what 18-24 months to think of something, but I thought he had a muscle/something issue, got surgery, rehabbed, then strained something. But since that I haven't heard anything. Does he train? Does he get physio? Like what is he doing.

Anyone else see Jackson's goal in the K-League??? haha
    He was more surprised than anyone.. Good on him!

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    In all seriousness, where has Kanta been?
    I could be very wrong, i've had what 18-24 months to think of something, but I thought he had a muscle/something issue, got surgery, rehabbed, then strained something. But since that I haven't heard anything. Does he train? Does he get physio? Like what is he doing.
    He had a surgery on his lower back related to the nerves.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...n-kantarovski/
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Rumour has it we are close to signing Greek winger Savvas Siatravanis. Previously worked under Arthur Diles at Xanthi

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Rumour has it we are close to signing Greek winger Savvas Siatravanis. Previously worked under Arthur Diles at Xanthi
    https://www.sportingnews.com/au/foot...91l1dbx4ogb7ge

Maybe not.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 02-09-2021 at 03:48 PM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Have heard the latest....club is showing real business savvy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Do tell

I hope your delivering good news

From what i have read, Savv to the Jets is all but done. It was between us and Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

https://twitter.com/NewcastleJetsFC/...79312813260813

Little bit of palindrome play on Twitter - Savvas confirmed?