Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

Kosta off overseas. Surely it’s a holiday and not to play

Stockton All Age?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Mariners perhaps, In the world of Hoole it is a o/seas destination.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Kosta off overseas. Surely it’s a holiday and not to play
    See ya

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Mariners perhaps, In the world of Hoole it is a o/seas destination.
    Surely they wouldn’t want him.

Based on the hints it seems like we're signing Taylor Regan which I'm all for

Yep, he's back.

Is Kanta ever going to play again? Does anyone know anything about the longest injury ever

Is Kanta ever going to play again? Does anyone know anything about the longest injury ever
    There was a Herald article a few weeks or two months back.

I get the sense no. The complications continue emerging.

He's 3 appearances away from 200- would be nice to at least make that.

It's the last year of his contract. I don't see him being re-signed
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Was in the Herald at the start of the month
    JANUARY 4 2022 - 7:30AM
    Newcastle Jets veteran Ben Kantarovski still battling to return from injury
    ROBERT DILLON

ALMOST 18 months after he last played a game, there is still no update on when luckless Newcastle Jets midfielder Ben Kantarovski will be available for selection.

Kantarovski, 29, has not played since a five-minute stint off the bench in Newcastle's 3-0 victory against Wellington Phoenix on August 13, 2020, in the last round of their 2020-21 campaign.

The former Young Socceroos skipper underwent complex surgery in April last year to repair a problematic nerve in his lower back and sat out an entire season.

Despite extensive rehabilitation and physiotherapy, he has missed the first five rounds of 2021-22 and it is unclear when, or if, he will be able to resume.

It is understood he has been unable to join his teammates in full training.

Jets coach Arthur Papas has taken a patient and cautious approach with the club's most-capped player and remains hopeful that he can make a comeback later this season.

"Ben has been working hard to return to full fitness, but unfortunately he has suffered a couple of setbacks in his rehab," Papas told the Newcastle Herald.

"However we are still committed to supporting him and hopefully he can rejoin training with the first team in the near future."

Kantarovski, who debuted in the A-League as a 16-year-old and has represented his home-town club in a record 196 games, is off contract at the end of this season.

The playmaker told the Newcastle Herald last year he was hoping to avoid surgery, which he described as "a very last resort".

"That's quite a drastic and risky surgery, so we want to stay away from that avenue, but if it does come down to it, we may have to look at that," he said in March.

A month later, he underwent surgery but it has not provided a quick fix.

Injuries have been a constant source of frustration throughout Kantarovski's career.

Regarded as one of Australia's brightest young prospects when he debuted in the A-League in 2008, he needed a full reconstruction of his right knee in 2010, and had further surgeries on the same knee in 2012, 2014 and 2016.

He told the Herald last March that "the love of football" kept him going.

"There's nothing better than coming day in, day out to play the best sport in the world ... I can't wait to be back out there." he said.
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Noah James has been loaned out for the rest of the season

Were gonna be stuck with Duncan, Weier must be terrible if he cant get a run, Everyone other teams fans laugh their ass off when they see Ducan still in goals for us
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

OK, spurious rumour mill stuff, what's the point of a rumour if you don't bandy it around etc...

Was mentioned tonight that there was a feeling that some players may be getting picked over others based on their agent. I can see six of the players we signed this season are with FootballHousePlus (https://www.transfermarkt.com/footba...a/berater/5990), but the particular player who apparently hasn't been picked this season isn't actually competing for any of those spots, so not really sure on this one (rumour was coming from one of his relatives apparently), you can probably guess who the player in question is so I'm not saying it, but has Papas been linked to the agent at any stage? As much as I respect the player in question I'm not sure whether I believe that would have much at all to do with him not getting a run (the inference was that at least the relative thought it is part of it)...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    OK, spurious rumour mill stuff, what's the point of a rumour if you don't bandy it around etc...

Was mentioned tonight that there was a feeling that some players may be getting picked over others based on their agent. I can see six of the players we signed this season are with FootballHousePlus (https://www.transfermarkt.com/footba...a/berater/5990), but the particular player who apparently hasn't been picked this season isn't actually competing for any of those spots, so not really sure on this one (rumour was coming from one of his relatives apparently), you can probably guess who the player in question is so I'm not saying it, but has Papas been linked to the agent at any stage? As much as I respect the player in question I'm not sure whether I believe that would have much at all to do with him not getting a run (the inference was that at least the relative thought it is part of it)...
    Mentioned by who?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Mentioned by who?
    friend of the relative

Friend of the relative of the player.....pretty flimsy and circumstantial. Many relos have had an axe to grind in public and in social media.....Musialik and Van Egmond families are examples.

Well I don't believe it but hope the young striker keeps working hard and gets a chance

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Well I don't believe it but hope the young striker keeps working hard and gets a chance
    If not I’m sure he will get a gig with another club.

Penha’s Insta story has a collection of photos with him and newy fans, and a contact in the bottom corner with a 100% logo

Be a very good choice to try and keep him around for even another season

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Penha’s Insta story has a collection of photos with him and newy fans, and a contact in the bottom corner with a 100% logo

Be a very good choice to try and keep him around for even another season
    The club was telling all and sundry 6-8 weeks ago just how well the negotiations were going with his parent club to keep him around for next but since then things have gone eerily quite.

One can only imagine negotiations may have stalled or even more probable and backable, with just about every creative player the drive by's have putting in shocker's of a season Lederer has called dibbs and you can put your house on him turning out in the red n black next season.