Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

Maybe the Jets should hire him if they're going to ignore the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    You can take up the Coastie job now its free. Staj to WU and (a rumour) DWH might be joining him to start.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post

That would be twice then that the bloke has had the job you wanted, Matildas and Jets.

I wanted to write to thank you for your support this season. It was a season where we had to overcome significant challenges including disruption from COVID-19 related schedule changes and a rebuild of the club following the withdrawal of support from the previous owner.

Ultimately, the 2020/21 season was a year where we managed those challenges and brought stability to the Club.

It was a year where we looked to our loyal members for support and are thankful that you stood with us to support the A-League and Westfield W-League teams through trying seasons.

We have now set ourselves a foundation to build from for this next season and beyond.

Next week, we will announce our new A-League Head Coach.

This is a key change for the Club and we are working very hard at retaining key players and recruiting new talent to support our focus on success in this coming season and beyond.

With change, we have also seen a significant shift in our existing roster – and we have farewelled some great players for the Club.

Roy O’Donovan and Ali Abbas are examples of this and we regretfully and respectfully farewell them and wish them well.

Our captain, Nigel Boogaard, has also announced his retirement and to recognise his immense contribution to the Club, we announced last week that we will name the Club’s Player of the Year Award in his honour.

The 2021/22 season will be a new start for the Club and we look forward to telling you about a number of notable changes which support our growth moving forward.

We also look forward to telling you of the new signings for the Club – and to showcasing the talent that we have right here in the Newcastle and Northern NSW region.

Our last few games showed how exciting our youth can be and we can’t wait to see players like Archie Goodwin, Angus Thurgate and Lucas Mauragis continue their run of form into the coming season.

We’ll also be focused on strengthening our Westfield W-League team and look forward to maintaining the strength of support that we see at No. 2 Sportsground on a regular basis.

Off the pitch, you’ll see the Club do more to connect and engage with our football community and families within the region.

We’ll also be refreshing our Membership program. We are excited to re-launch Membership next month. Member cards and packs are back in 2021/22, as many of you requested!

Plus, we will have more Member events and opportunities for you to interact with our teams than ever before.

Stay tuned for more information about all this and more.

Thank you again for your support. I look forward to seeing you next season and to having the opportunity to speak with you at a game and around the community.

Shane Mattiske,

Executive Chairman, Newcastle Jets

This got sent out to members today, nothing all that interesting except for announcement of coach and using thurgate, goodwin and Mauaragis by name which would lead one to believe they'll feature prominently this season

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I wanted to write to thank you for your support this season. It was a season where we had to overcome significant challenges including disruption from COVID-19 related schedule changes and a rebuild of the club following the withdrawal of support from the previous owner.

Ultimately, the 2020/21 season was a year where we managed those challenges and brought stability to the Club.

It was a year where we looked to our loyal members for support and are thankful that you stood with us to support the A-League and Westfield W-League teams through trying seasons.

We have now set ourselves a foundation to build from for this next season and beyond.

Next week, we will announce our new A-League Head Coach.

This is a key change for the Club and we are working very hard at retaining key players and recruiting new talent to support our focus on success in this coming season and beyond.

With change, we have also seen a significant shift in our existing roster – and we have farewelled some great players for the Club.

Roy O’Donovan and Ali Abbas are examples of this and we regretfully and respectfully farewell them and wish them well.

Our captain, Nigel Boogaard, has also announced his retirement and to recognise his immense contribution to the Club, we announced last week that we will name the Club’s Player of the Year Award in his honour.

The 2021/22 season will be a new start for the Club and we look forward to telling you about a number of notable changes which support our growth moving forward.

We also look forward to telling you of the new signings for the Club – and to showcasing the talent that we have right here in the Newcastle and Northern NSW region.

Our last few games showed how exciting our youth can be and we can’t wait to see players like Archie Goodwin, Angus Thurgate and Lucas Mauragis continue their run of form into the coming season.

We’ll also be focused on strengthening our Westfield W-League team and look forward to maintaining the strength of support that we see at No. 2 Sportsground on a regular basis.

Off the pitch, you’ll see the Club do more to connect and engage with our football community and families within the region.

We’ll also be refreshing our Membership program. We are excited to re-launch Membership next month. Member cards and packs are back in 2021/22, as many of you requested!

Plus, we will have more Member events and opportunities for you to interact with our teams than ever before.

Stay tuned for more information about all this and more.

Thank you again for your support. I look forward to seeing you next season and to having the opportunity to speak with you at a game and around the community.

Shane Mattiske,

Executive Chairman, Newcastle Jets

This got sent out to members today, nothing all that interesting except for announcement of coach and using thurgate, goodwin and Mauaragis by name which would lead one to believe they'll feature prominently this season
    My guess is announcements are made on Thursday, 1st of July. Contracts expire on 30th June
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The Boogaard award?
    FFS can we sink any lower?
    Joke of a club.

how is it not the Joel Griffiths Medal ffs

fold this abomination immediately

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    how is it not the Joel Griffiths Medal ffs

fold this abomination immediately
    I can understand why its not the Griff medal as it would imply that one of these jamokes has somehow done enough to be on the same level as Him.

But to reward our best player by saying they are at gypo level is pretty much the state of our club atm.

Con would never have had such nonsense.

I'm glad we still have a club to support and survived the financial crisis that Martin Lee left us in but it just doesn't feel right that we are owned/controlled by a consortium of other clubs that play in the same league as us.

Assuming we don't get back Donachie which i fully doubt we will, is there any australian defenders people think we should try for? I noticed Elsey is off contract, a solid player who's been consistent for Adelaide and a bit of a hard nosed player which this team has been missing lately

Would people be happy with Elsey or is there another player we should look at?

Yes I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Connor Chapman is a free agent atm I think.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Would love us to get Jason Geria for RB, if the price is right. Plus D'agostino would be a good about as the Champness replacement.

Perth released Velaphi, Geria, Ingham, Langkamp, Warland, Kilkenny, Sullivan, Wilson and D'agostino.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Would love us to get Jason Geria for RB, if the price is right. Plus D'agostino would be a good about as the Champness replacement.

Perth released Velaphi, Geria, Ingham, Langkamp, Warland, Kilkenny, Sullivan, Wilson and D'agostino.
    D’agostino would be upgrade from Yuel. Kilkenny wouldn’t be the worst for a winning mentality and seniority. Maybe teach some young kids good habits

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    D’agostino would be upgrade from Yuel. Kilkenny wouldn’t be the worst for a winning mentality and seniority. Maybe teach some young kids good habits
    The game has moved past Kilkenny. Our team is slow enough.

If the owners want to make us an extremely attractive proposition to buyers they need to be chasing Daggers & Geria extremely hard, make it a sign of intent that the Jets are not just here to be stable and make up the numbers.

Also, in terms of imports i think the league has also moved past the likes of journeymen League 1 & 2 players here for a holiday. We should be tapping into the Asian market heavily. There are some absolute gems to be unearthed there at a very good price too. Not only are they technically very good, they usually have a fanbase that follows #metrics
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    We should be tapping into the Asian market heavily. There are some absolute gems to be unearthed there at a very good price too. Not only are they technically very good, they usually have a fanbase that follows #metrics
    I don't disagree with anything you said..
    But isn't that what the club tried with Krasniqi and Abimanyu?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I don't disagree with anything you said..
    But isn't that what the club tried with Krasniqi and Abimanyu?
    Malaysian league not exactly strongest, although Abi not exactly given a chance to show his talents with a grand total of 5 minutes off the bench

Alot of the time it comes down to Coaches simply being lazy. If they aren't from Scotland/England or South America they aren't interested.

Hopefully our new overlords have some level of scouting, an improvement on our previous level which was zero, and we can find some players that haven't just sent us their highlights packages like Abi and Krasniqi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Unless they have caps for their nation, I can’t see them making too much difference imo.
    Any J, K leagues, Chinese middle eastern players with pedigree will be earning better $$ In a better comp.
    Unless we have some quality scouting, to “unearth” some talent, or find something throat would suit our play, I’d rather be giving the game time to young Australian talent.

There hasn’t been too many, some, but not a lot of Asian players that have lit up this league.

The day they get rid of the salary cap in this league will be great. Don't why there is such an obsession in this country with having salary capped leagues. It clearly hasnt worked in A-League nor is it doing the same in Rugby League.