Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

Let's sign a coach before we sign any players. That way the coach gets a big say on recruitment. In saying that I like the post on getting a number 6 from Spain.
    How come the Jets have never had a Spanish player?, where most teams have had multiple Spanish players.

I would look to trade Connor O'Toole.
    Millar Out.
    Kanta needs to be paid out / retired.
    Prso won't be cheap enough. Out
    Buy Archie a house and a Porsche before Sydney FC does.
    We need centre backs to replace Boogs and Topasaurus. But I don't think lettingbeither if them go is an option.
    Sure they aren't what they were and cost overs - but there appears no other option at the moment.
    Big mistake that we let Jackson leave.
    Donachie needs to be brought back.
    Odoherty is not Kanta or Uga. We need to scout for somneone to replace both Uga and Kanta.

... and so on.

It won't be easy.

Oh. And we must sign Roy. He just needs better service. His value to Archies development is also a massive plus.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Oh. And we must sign Roy. He just needs better service. His value to Archies development is also a massive plus.
    This. Until we get ourselves a established playmaker like a Davilla or Ninko type it doesn't matter who fills the #9 shirt we will struggle.

Roy still has upward of a dozen goals a season in him with proper service to suit his game, He never had that this season.

Duncan

Ingham - Donachie - NTS - Mauragis

Devlin - O'Doherty

Goodwin Thurgate Stametelopoulos

Roy

Italiano, Hoffman, Yuel, Johnny K, Simmons and Kosta on the bench.

That's honestly not an atrocious team.

Personally, a better RB than Ingham and a quality striker/forward would be ideal, but a better coach than Dean's could have that team close to the top 6.

I have some hope for next season. Surely this hope means that Lawrie really has left the club.

Also, Victory got the Spoon, LMFAO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Duncan

Ingham - Donachie - NTS - Mauragis

Devlin - O'Doherty

Goodwin Thurgate Stametelopoulos

Roy

Italiano, Hoffman, Yuel, Johnny K, Simmons and Kosta on the bench.

That's honestly not an atrocious team.

Personally, a better RB than Ingham and a quality striker/forward would be ideal, but a better coach than Dean's could have that team close to the top 6.

I have some hope for next season. Surely this hope means that Lawrie really has left the club.

Also, Victory got the Spoon, LMFAO.
    Bring Champness back from loan

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Bring Champness back from loan
    I had forgotten about him. A new coach could potentially convince him to come back, but I'm not going get my hopes up for him. He is the perfect profile for what we need tho. A wide forward who can actually dribble and come inside to help out, similar to what Goodwin looks like he will become.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Roy Abbas Millar and Simmons gone and the loan players as well

So we're still talking to NTS, Armson, Yengi, Stamatelopoulos and O'Doherty I guess
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 11-06-2021 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

So we're still talking to NTS, Armson, Yengi, Stamatelopoulos and O'Doherty I guess
    Armson is a weird one as is Yengi. Happy with the rest

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Armson is a weird one as is Yengi. Happy with the rest
    Armson and yengi were on scholarship deals

so did Roy have another offer or are we making the same mistake as we did last time by telling him we aren't interested? after all, if our service to our front line wasn't so shit for most of the season we wouldn't have so low a goal average
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Armson and yengi were on scholarship deals
    You've got to have some squad players, and I wouldn't suspect a scholarship deal is costing a lot.

Wait and see what happens I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    so did Roy have another offer or are we making the same mistake as we did last time by telling him we aren't interested? after all, if our service to our front line wasn't so shit for most of the season we wouldn't have so low a goal average
    I would be keeping Roy especially now he doesn’t take up a visa spot

New coach just ran a pen through who he doesn't want....10-12 players being spoken to now. Won't get all of course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I would be keeping Roy especially now he doesn’t take up a visa spot
    This. Any old halfwit with even little knowledge of the game would have seen Roy had no service this season.

I can only take from the decision to cut Roy that perhaps a coach has been found but not announced and talks are at a advanced stage with a striker they feel will bring more to the club with identical opportunities on the park.

There is currently nobody at the club capable of filling the role of first pick #9

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    New coach just ran a pen through who he doesn't want....10-12 players being spoken to now. Won't get all of course.
    You got a source?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Big mistake letting Roy go unless they can replace him with someone better - which I think is highly unlikely.

I can see these idiots not replacing Roy and ruining Archie like they did Kanta by playing him too often before he matured enough physically.

I think Abbas is worth keeping as well. His technical skill and awareness are still very good. I thought he was solid in our last few games - and he's also a good bloje to have around the younger players as well forvhis knowledge and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Big mistake letting Roy go unless they can replace him with someone better - which I think is highly unlikely.

I can see these idiots not replacing Roy and ruining Archie like they did Kanta by playing him too often before he matured enough physically.

I think Abbas is worth keeping as well. His technical skill and awareness are still very good. I thought he was solid in our last few games - and he's also a good bloje to have around the younger players as well forvhis knowledge and experience.
    Abbas only really had one good game, every other performance was just ok or poor, Sadly not enough to justify keeping
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

There was talk on another club forum that Hemed was spotted in Sydney a few days ago and his wife posted on a social media platform about playing for another club in the A League.