Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

Here's some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Papas will be familiar with him from with them both being at Yokohama so he will know what the coach expects with and without the ball. He’s an international for a top African country. This is exciting from Papas and the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I reckon they'll release champness when/if the visas get approved for the overseas attackers we have agreed to terms with
    From the today's Herald article:

Meanwhile, talks are continuing with wantaway winger Joey Champness.

The Newcastle Herald understands that Jets are not willing to release the 24-year-old to another A-League club, with a potential sale overseas a possibility.

Good to see from the Jets that we aren't just going to bend over and let players go to another A-League club.

Looks quick.
    Anybody that persevered, how many goals would I have seen?
    I gave up at 2 minutes shortly after the row z shot and long distance shot

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Looks quick.
    Anybody that persevered, how many goals would I have seen?
    I gave up at 2 minutes shortly after the row z shot and long distance shot
    He's got 35ish his entire career so guessing not a huge number.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    From the today's Herald article:

Meanwhile, talks are continuing with wantaway winger Joey Champness.

The Newcastle Herald understands that Jets are not willing to release the 24-year-old to another A-League club, with a potential sale overseas a possibility.

Good to see from the Jets that we aren't just going to bend over and let players go to another A-League club.
    I think they meant "The Newcastle Herald understands that Jets are not willing to release the 24-year-old to another A-League club that isn't part of the ownership group"

I wonder why Champness is so keen on leaving. I thought he went to Brisbane to be closer to his family but if his second choice is to go overseas then there's more to it. There's a whole new ownership and coaching staff and playing group to when he was last here. Obviously hates Newy

Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    I wonder why Champness is so keen on leaving. I thought he went to Brisbane to be closer to his family but if his second choice is to go overseas then there's more to it. There's a whole new ownership and coaching staff and playing group to when he was last here. Obviously hates Newy
    He does want to go to Brisbane, the Jets are trying to sell him to an overseas club to get a fee for him.

I can only assume that if he doesn't move overseas or agree to play for us we'll release him. I can't see Pappas wanting him involved if he doesn't want to be here, seems to intelligent for that.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Joey has 4 options here IMO, Find a club overseas and get sold for a fee, Buy out his contract like Ibini did, Suck it up, put his head down and have a good last season with us or finally just sit out the season doing **** all and ruining his career and then leaving for free to a new club. Under no circumstances can we just release him for free to another aleague club. With did him a solid with his music stuff so no-longer owe him anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Joey has 4 options here IMO, Find a club overseas and get sold for a fee, Buy out his contract like Ibini did, Suck it up, put his head down and have a good last season with us or finally just sit out the season doing **** all and ruining his career and then leaving for free to a new club. Under no circumstances can we just release him for free to another aleague club. With did him a solid with his music stuff so no-longer owe him anything.
    If he doesn't want to play for us, we will release him. You and everyone else needs to deal with it. The sooner the better.

I'd lose a lot of faith if we tried to force a player to lose an entire season of his career out of spite.

And if anyone is pissed that we are losing a talented player for free, now you understand why we need to allow transfer fees between clubs. It's the only way to make contracts have any meaning to the club who's offering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    If he doesn't want to play for us, we will release him. You and everyone else needs to deal with it. The sooner the better.

I'd lose a lot of faith if we tried to force a player to lose an entire season of his career out of spite.

And if anyone is pissed that we are losing a talented player for free, now you understand why we need to allow transfer fees between clubs. It's the only way to make contracts have any meaning to the club who's offering it.
    Nah he wont be going unless we get something out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    This. It's the only way we will become sustainable as a club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

believe the Jets are signing Dylan Murnane, announced tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    First line on Wikipedia when you look him up

Dylan Murnane (born 18 January 1995) is an Australian football (soccer) player who plays as a left back for the Newcastle Jets in the A-League.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    100% agree.
    After the music tantrum and the Brisbane tantrum, a bit of gratitude to the club that allowed him to do as he pleased (with nothing in return so far) would be appreciated.

A-league transfer fees is a fantastic idea, but it's not a thing yet, so...
    BTW, how much would Brisbane be willing to pay to have him? My guess is, not much.

Agree transfer fees should be allowed. Clubs don’t HAVE to pay to get players, but in these circumstances it provides some bargaining for both sides.

Roar offer us compensation to secure him. If they don’t, we can use that to say look JOWIC, they aren’t even prepared to offer any $$ for you, we want you here etc.

It’s always a contentious issue. When the club owners don’t have unlimited money and squads, it doesn’t make much sense to keep players against their will. Understand playing hard ball to an extent, but unless you’re willing to pay them for doing SFA, PFA will storm in and demand a release anyway.

It gets to the point of why do we want him if he doesn’t want to be here? I personally would rather somebody else that buys into what pappas is spruiking and wants a crack. Not JOWIC wishing he was elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Just got the member email from the Jets, Murnane it is. One year deal.

Let em have the failed rapper in return for Jay O Shea.

So assuming we are running a 4-2-3-1

Mikelatdze
    LW - Boumal - Champness
    O'Doherty - Thurgate
    Mauragis/Murnane - Jurman - Elsey - Ingham
    Duncan

Bench: James, Hoffman, Al-Taay/Warland, Kantarovski, Yuel, Goodwin

This is a really solid team, obviously hard to say just how good it is due to knowing not much about our striker and attacking mid but fingers crossed they are the goods
    Last edited by Mark325; 19-08-2021 at 10:45 AM.

We are signing brazillian attacking mid/left winger Daniel Penha