Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: EURO 2020/21 Sweeps

Here's the thing,

Nowhere in the laws does it state that getting the ball = no foul. People need to stop using that as a defence for endangering the safety of an opponent

As per the IFAB law for serious foul play

"a tackle of challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play"

"any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play"

Sure he hasn't intentionally went and kicked the UKR player, but his intent is irrelevant. He has played at the ball in a matter that endangers his opponent

Co-commentator & VAR is correct. Red Card.

And of the dozen or so referees i spoke to said the exact same thing.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

In your world, any attacker can go and run into a defenders boot and get them sent off. That's not true, therefore this isn't a cut and dry red card. Considering large portions of the internet, past and present players as well as pundits all disagree with you shows that it definitely wasn't a definite red card offence.

He's an Italian ref and Serie A is horrible nowadays with refs constantly trying to find any reason to award a penalty or red card throughout their games. It's a major issue with fans over there, so by the next world cup I wouldn't be surprised if this same ref wouldn't stick with his initial decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Piers Morgan thinks it's a red card. Therefore the nays have won, hahaha.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    In your world, any attacker can go and run into a defenders boot and get them sent off. That's not true, therefore this isn't a cut and dry red card. Considering large portions of the internet, past and present players as well as pundits all disagree with you shows that it definitely wasn't a definite red card offence.

He's an Italian ref and Serie A is horrible nowadays with refs constantly trying to find any reason to award a penalty or red card throughout their games. It's a major issue with fans over there, so by the next world cup I wouldn't be surprised if this same ref wouldn't stick with his initial decision.
    This isn't "my world" this is the IFAB laws and also the opinion of alot of referees. Each challenge is completely different and no two tackles are the same.

Yeah because past and present players are the best people to back your case. Players these days dont even know the rules let alone past players. Most players still believe getting the ball first = no foul. And the "internet" isn't exactly the best source either.

That nonsense about Italian refs trying to award red cards is absolute dribble and you're just trying to find an angle at every opportunity.

Here is a link that might be handy to you and many others
    https://www.footballaustralia.com.au...come-a-referee
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    That nonsense about Italian refs trying to award red cards is absolute dribble and you're just trying to find an angle at every opportunity.
    I mean, except for the fact that red cards increased last season and Serie A already has highest rate of red cards amongst the big 5. Serie A averages twice as many red cards per season then the EPL. EPL, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga are all trending down for comparison.

But, by all means, tell me more about how I'm just trying to find an angle, Piers.

More importantly than all this nonsense tho.

Denmark isn't even a republic, therefore it sucks.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Italy will win this by boring every other team to death with negative defensive football, ushering in a new era of catenaccio

or England will win and we'll never hear the end of it

nah. the real final will be the semi featuring Italy/Belguim/Swissland/Spain

I think he was unlucky to get a red. I can see why he got it, I just think it's very unfortunate and unlucky. He does everything right. He barely moves to the ball, he goes for contact with the ball with studs down, clears the ball as he falls to the ground, which causes his studs to come up, and old mate comes charging in and gets the contact. So I don't really agree with the "horrible tackle" comments.... (See Pickford vs VVD for a horrible unpunished tackle)...

the slow motion and still images look horrible. If somebody showed me a picture of that, I'd say red card every day of the week. So I can see why he 'needed'* to be sent. (*more questions would be asked if he stayed on, opposed to if he was sent)
    I think, if it's a glancing blow to the leg, causing no hyperextension of the knee, he stays on.

Anyway. At least you're not this bloke. This was unlucky. Championship playoff game (3:15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3TmO-106o0
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 30-06-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Anyway. At least you're not this bloke. This was unlucky. Championship playoff game (3:15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3TmO-106o0
    Yeah, still can't get over how sure the ref was too. It looked like a slip at first view, then the slow-mo showed it was innocuous and unlucky. A yellow would have sufficed there, but the ref obviously couldn't go back on his original call.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    More importantly than all this nonsense tho.

Denmark isn't even a republic, therefore it sucks.
    Ok mate, now that you've realised which country you are actually supporting..

What have you got in Czech? Amazing beer and beautiful women...............

Oh.. Umm...
    Football is always the winner!!!

Play on for this tackle too I s’pose ?

https://twitter.com/matthewstanger/s...548609539?s=21

I knew my boys would win
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

My goodness I just hate Italy. They played better this game. Great goal for Insigne.
    Swiss did themselves proud. Would’ve loved to see them beat Spain. Sommer was immense.

Just can’t stand Italy and their diving shit.

Idk who I want to win out of Italy Spain. Italy should take care of them though.

Im not saying they haven't earned the rep, but the Italians of today are nothing like the past.
    Super mobile, comfortable in possession and those 2 freaks at the back controlling everything.
    Mancini has done a great job and deserves way more credit than he gets.
    Plus the Italians give a shit, say what you want about them but everyone in Italy is behind them compare that to the whingeing of France, Spanish and English fans.
    Italy doing well is great for the sport.
    Hope they win it all.

Any team would love having someone like Jorgingo pulling strings in midfield

Also surprised Vertongen didn’t get a red for his clearance before the goal when immobile went down like a sack of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Any team would love having someone like Jorgingo pulling strings in midfield
    All Chelsea homerism aside Stanny hes been immense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    All Chelsea homerism aside Stanny hes been immense.
    Always is if you use a system that protects him

Denmark having a dream tournament atm. Good on them. Would love to see them beat England.
    They said the two played in nations league and England didn’t score against them. Think both teams will be wanting to win more though.
    Mismatch in Ukraine V England. 0 mins stoppage time at end of game haha.

Screw you Bon you dirty bakery treat loving person...

That said, man I hope Denmark beat England, it would be amazing.

Italy vs Denmark final is my prediction, hope. Then I'll have to want Stanny to lose at the final hurdle, haha.