Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EURO 2020/21 Sweeps

What a hit from Christensen.

the 12 minute period from the 70th minute was epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Brilliant! Denmark game was great. Strike was brilliant. Made even better by the context of the game.

Wijnaldum is having a good tournament too.

Feel for Hradecky (??), made some absolute brilliant saves, didn’t deserve that.

Interesting tournament isn’t it. Basically win one game and you’re a chance to progress.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 22-06-2021 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Lots of mid table quality throughout and a massive amount of hype. This is a weak England squad.
    This, they were quick to label Phillips as the Yorkshire Pirlo but played like a Yorkshire Pudding against us. Imagine playing 2 defensive midfielders against Scotland ffs
    Jaliens gives me the horn

I don’t think you can bench the Premier Leagues leading goalscorer and assist-er.
    Sterling, you can drop him.
    Foden has done reasonably.
    Phillips had a good game one.
    Mount, Sterling and rice can be rotated imo.

Grealish and Henderson haven’t had much game time over the last few months so maybe that’s impacting decisions.
    Sancho needs to play for a EPL club to get a look in.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 22-06-2021 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Grealish not Freakish

Against Scotland, England had 4 or 5 players who will be starting for UCL teams next season {James, Shaw, Mount, Stones and Foden). Foden still hasn't locked down his best position, Stones was lucky that Dias formed a good partnership with him because Laporte is clearly the better CB, James is still earning his place over Azpi and shared gametime all season, Shaw had a great season but performed way above his usual level and Mount had a good year (he just really needs Kane to piss off and stop standing around where he wants to be playing in) The rest all play for mid table sides or lower. For comparison, Scotland had 2.

Mid table squad with a couple of kids from top sides sprinkled on top. Add in an average coach and they should be happy they made it out of the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Would a squad of:

Pickford
    Walker, stones, Maguire, trippier(or Shaw)
    Henderson, mount, foden,
    Sancho, Sterling and rashford

Be better?
    Bar Pickford, all should be getting regular UCL and league game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Against Scotland, England had 4 or 5 players who will be starting for UCL teams next season {James, Shaw, Mount, Stones and Foden). Foden still hasn't locked down his best position, Stones was lucky that Dias formed a good partnership with him because Laporte is clearly the better CB, James is still earning his place over Azpi and shared gametime all season, Shaw had a great season but performed way above his usual level and Mount had a good year (he just really needs Kane to piss off and stop standing around where he wants to be playing in) The rest all play for mid table sides or lower. For comparison, Scotland had 2.

Mid table squad with a couple of kids from top sides sprinkled on top. Add in an average coach and they should be happy they made it out of the group.
    James has cemented his 1st team place and doesnt share with Azpi anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    James has cemented his 1st team place and doesnt share with Azpi anymore
    They both played in 65-68% of total mins this season according to the internet. I'm just saying that this was the year that he took over rather than him owning that position for years. He's still a improving, because he's
    still a kid.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Would a squad of:

Pickford
    Walker, stones, Maguire, trippier(or Shaw)
    Henderson, mount, foden,
    Sancho, Sterling and rashford

Be better?
    Bar Pickford, all should be getting regular UCL and league game time.

Dean Henderson
    Walker/Trippier- Stones - Maguire - Shaw
    Mount - *Rice - Foden
    Sancho - Rashford/Kane - Sterling.

To me, thats a much more attacking side than what we've seen. Plus if they move to a 4-3-3 (similar to Spuds) then it may benefit Kane who is obviously the better striker, but given his form right now I would honestly start with Rashford and let Kane earn his spot back from the bench.

*Henderson isn't fit and Rice has shown that he should be playing for a bigger side.

Grealish, Saka, Phillips Calvert-Lewin and Bellingham off the bench sounds a bit different to starting them.

Brilliant game the Sweden one. lewandowski with a meme worth effort in the first half hahaha.

Spain infinitely lucky against Slovakia. Morata looks so Impotent. Gifted their opening goal, but the longer that stayed 0-0, the worse Spain were getting. Laporte playing for Spain now? Googling tells me he played youth for France, selected in France World Cup qualifiers and Euro qualifiers however never took the field. May 2021, applied for Spanish clearance.

Group F dishing up some drama. All teams have been qualifying at Some point, 3 teams have been last in their group at some point this morning.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Wow.
    Quality group of death.

Hungary were going through in 2nd place at one point. Portugal were going through 1st at another. Germany were in with a massive chance of going out as well. Crazy.

Italy and Belgium are the only big sides looking good so far. Sweden have a good balance. Netherlands look like they could trouble anyone. Some enjoyable games coming up too.

****ing hell North Macedonia.

Damn. Czech did very well.

Belgium lucky to keep portugal out. Despite having a fair few counter attacks with numbers, they couldn’t convert to put it to bed.

Bruno Fernandes is a penalty fraud. Just about every Portugal attack was ruined by him
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Well that was fun while it lasted....I'm out
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Just give Ital the trophy now. Their acting is just too good.

France v Switzerland....wow

Wow wow wow