Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Emile Heskey

Dominating possession and playing good passing football are all well and good but if you don't have anyone to consistently hit the back of the net than it means nothing. It looks like with Heskey we finally have a consistent goal scorer for the first time in about 4 seasons. That alone can be the difference between being a side battling on the the cusp of the top six or a side gunning for a top four spot or even the top two.

I can't wait to hear Andy Jackson bitch and moan some more about how Heskey is scoring for us and why not at Villa on the 442 podcast. He he he

His cost per goal at Villa was about £3.75million per goal. Here it's $250k!

Trendsmap London ‏@TrendsLondon
    #heskeyforengland is now trending in #London http://trendsmap.com/gb/london

blahahhaahhahaha

Heskey now has more goals in the A-League than Pele, Messi and Ronaldo combined.

Banned
    Problem with all this is people around the world will be thinking how bad is the HAL. FFS Emile Heskey is half fit and played 4 scored 4 and is Leading Goal Scorer.

It's good in one sense that he is helping us win games and bumping up interest in the HAL in this country but not actually doing much for the image of the HAL and reputation of Australian Football outside this land

The guy can't win...if he had gone on a Jardel/Zura like drought he would have been criticised for proving his shitness.

Score goals every week and the league he is playing in is shit.

thats what the almighty Poms are saying

must be true then
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    thats what the almighty Poms are saying

must be true then
    Perception is a wonderful thing. Our league is a bit better than people give it credit for. Heskey's success may lead to foreigners turning up here half arsed thinking they can walk it without putting the hard yards in. Flip side to Heskey's success is it may present a more viable and appealing option to EPL stars on the downward plain who don't fancy dropping down into the lower leagues and getting the shit kicked out of them 50 times a year as they have a bullseye on their back as they were once a big star and every hack is out to get them.

That also being said I don't think we have really gotten great value out of Heskey yet. His general play can still improve out of sight in my eyes and he should be getting into more goal scoring situations than he has been.

All his goals have been in the 6 yard box and have been basically down to his level of experience playing in the EPL. Experience and a skill the likes of Tagz and other Aussie strikers don't have. His goals V Smurfs and his first last night are down to him having 30 years of football drummed into him to get to the ball first in the box. Not exactly rocket science but a trait missing in a lot of Aussies.

Can't wait for the bit more to come from him though!!!

Most football pundits worth their salt, and any professional player who has half a brain, would know the role heskey played for much of his career and don't buy into the "he's shit" line taken by lazy and uneducated journos/fans.

in case you didnt guess already, my post was pure unadulterated sarcasm

and the Poms saying how shit the HAL are are the usual internet knobs who post comments on UK tabloid articles
    therefore - they are full of shit and have no ****ing clue what they are on about.

as you were

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Most football pundits worth their salt, and any professional player who has half a brain, would know the role heskey played for much of his career and don't buy into the "he's shit" line taken by lazy and uneducated journos/fans.
    hes like a young Lenny Henry Gaz?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That also being said I don't think we have really gotten great value out of Heskey yet. His general play can still improve out of sight in my eyes and he should be getting into more goal scoring situations than he has been.
    Maybe give him a call tell him where he's goin wrong...point him in the right direction etc
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    and the Poms saying how shit the HAL are are the usual internet knobs who post comments on UK tabloid articles
    therefore - they are full of shit and have no ****ing clue what they are on about.
    This. I'm living in the UK at the moment and most (seemingly educated) football fans I've spoken to either understand what Heskey's real qualities have been over the years or don't spend much or any time thinking about the A-League anyway, so they don't seem to have any real opinion about how his current performances are reflecting on the league. To be honest it's very obvious that the fact that Heskey and del Piero are playing over there has raised the profile of the league and the attention given to it, even if it hasn't done much for general international assessments of the league.

(People over here are really amused by the whole Heskey Cam thing, though. And the fact that the first lot of "HESKEY - #9" jerseys sold out so quickly.)

do they realise that it was ADP Cam and then Ono Cam before it was Heskey Cam?

And its not a regular thing?

That's the thing, I don't think so. The UK media has been pretty shit at portraying that side of the story, which fits perfectly with their pathetic agenda against Heskey.

(Personally I think even the concept of the ADP Cam was a bloody joke. We all know it was just part of Fox Sports' Sydney wankfest and that they only extended the idea to Ono and Heskey to try and appear impartial.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Maybe give him a call tell him where he's goin wrong...point him in the right direction etc
    Happy to leave that in the hands of the man himself.

Would say the coaching staff should play some role but with Deans and Zane on board we know that is a lost cause!!

Biggest problem I think he has is that he wasn't close to being fit enough when he got here. Not saying he was out of shape or fat or anything like that. Just that his fitness level wasn't anywhere what it will be like in another 6 weeks time. His teammates have had the benefit of being prepared with the pre season and Heskey has come in a little under done from training on his own to keep in nick. Would love to see how he had of done in the first 4 weeks if Heskey had of been signed in July instead of September

lol...if this is seriously the biggest problem we have at the moment then we must be doing pretty well.

I for one am proud of the fact that we have such an underrated genius in our team.

don't like how he scores two goals,wins us the game and then leaves the game early...Heskey out !
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    don't like how he scores two goals,wins us the game and then leaves the game early...Heskey out !
    This.

We should refuse to get use to this level of success. I liked it better when we could simply watch the boys lose a wonder what it would be like to have someone that could score goals.

Besides my voice can't take the yelling and screaming that comes from cheering the team to victory.

Heskey out

To be honest I cannot see Heskey scoring 50 goals for us the season. He's probably good for 25 goals a season