Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Emile Heskey

gawd that article gave me cancer

“Aussi"... US network Fox Sports...Aussi
    quality journalism that is.

oh, and just so we don't bump up his hits too much.

Emile Heskey Rules Out Premier League Return And Insists He Is Happy Down Under

Emile Heskey is enjoying life in the A-League so much that he is already talking about extending his stay with the Newcastle Jets into next season.

Heskey, 33, has scored 5 goals in 6 games to life his new team to third on the current season ladder.

“Extending my stay is up to the owner and the manager but hopefully I will do enough to be granted a new contract.

“Hopefully we will look at that later on, so I’m just keeping an open mind on it until then.”

SOURCE: Daily Mirror

Gutting! Emile “the Aussi goal-machine” Heskey has ruled out a return to the Premier League, insisting that he is loving life Down Under.

And why not? The 33-year-old carthorse is tearing up the A-League and has bagged 5 goals in his first 6 matches – the same number he managed during two whole seasons in the Premier League!

Heskey’s form suggests that Aussi league is a similar level to England’s League Two but the poor standard hasn’t stopped fans turning up in their droves to support the former England international.

Indeed, Heskey is gaining something of cult following Down Under and Newcastle Jets fans have already made up a catchy chant for their new star. What’s more, US network Fox Sports has introduced ‘Heskey Cam’ to their coverage of Jets games, an interactive service that allows fans to witness the every move of their new ‘hero’ during matches.

With his newfound stardom, plus the approaching Aussi summer, it’s easy to understand why Heskey is so settled in Oz.

Bad luck Liverpool, he’s not for sale.

compliment while takin the piss...bravo
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

More shit in that than a Rebecca Wilson article ffs
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

I follow League 2 so i reckon We are top half of League 1 at least, maybe bottom half of The championship league.

We would not compete in the championship imo, would be relegated. Did you see our performance against wello?
    All the championship football I've seen is at quite a pace and seems much quicker than the a-league.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    We would not compete in the championship imo, would be relegated. Did you see our performance against wello?
    All the championship football I've seen is at quite a pace and seems much quicker than the a-league.
    This. Went to my first ever UCL game last night, too (Arsenal v. Montpellier), and just...wow. The A-League's come a long way and is doing really well, but we still have so far to go. As long as people keep daring to dream, we'll keep getting closer!

(Not trying to be a Euro-snob, because I f*cking hate Euro-snobs and the Jets will always be my first and deepest football love, but I was just surprised by how quick and skilled some of these blokes are. Watching them on TV really doesn't do it justice.)

A-League teams have defeated premier league teams in friendlies. Obviously its preseason but its still good to get a win.

Remind me which EPL teams have lost in aus? I remember everton touring and winning all 3 games, Sydney had their festival of football with Rovers who beat sydney?
    My memory sucks.

Fulham lost to GCU.

Get your act together Tinks and offer the man an extension in January as he requests, otherwise he'll be off...

Congrats to Heskey on equalling his tally for England within only 13 games (7 goals over 62 games).
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Congrats to Heskey on equalling his tally for England within only 13 games (7 goals over 62 games).
    and commiserations to HAL defenders for being ordinary
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Banned
    Newcastle Jets striker Emile Heskey told newcastlejets.com.au that he left the field mid-way through his team’s nil-all draw with Adelaide United as a pre-caution.

“Early in the first half my thigh felt tight and while it didn’t get worse I could still feel it there,” he said.

“It was one of those ones where you have to decide to come out or carry on and see if you can make it through the match.

“I though it was best to pull out in case I made it worse.

“Hopefully it will be ok.”

Heskey was full of praise for his teammates who he said put in a massive performance during their first clean sheet of the 2012/13 season.

“We were really well organised and very hard to break down and I think that was one of the main reasons why we managed to keep a clean sheet,” Heskey said.

“The lads at the back did really well and deserve all the praise.

“We created some good chances and were a bit unlucky not to come away with something more but a clean sheet is a major plus for us.”
    I am calling it now gone for the season.

Judging by the minor injuries Kanta and Jobe suffered and have kept both them out for like ever. No way in the world Heskeytime is playing through this.

Probably have a leg amputated by morning

6-8 weeks, for sure.

RIP brah

semper fi

He may have had enough of playing with these bunch of hacks along with the pathetic GVE and decided to make the most of the January transfer window?

i might be the only one but i thought we actually handled ourselves well without heskey in the 2nd half yesterday

with heskey of the pitch a lot of things changed.

- taagart pressured high up the pitch and didn't stop running
    - the long ball option/get out was eliminated and the back four had to play the ball out
    - griff was given more freedom as taagart was doing all the hard work instead of griff usually when heskey is on the field.
    - the wingers were more inclined to mix up there crosses instead of hoofing it to heskeys head.

will be interesting to see what happens this week if heskey doesn't play. i'd personally like to see this if so

----------------------Biraz----------------------
    Brilliante---Reegz--------Chapman----Ritter
    -----------------Jobe------Rubez
    ----------------------Griff----------------------
    Chilli----------------Taagz------------Goodwin
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    i might be the only one but i thought we actually handled ourselves well without heskey in the 2nd half yesterday

with heskey of the pitch a lot of things changed.

- taagart pressured high up the pitch and didn't stop running
    - the long ball option/get out was eliminated and the back four had to play the ball out
    - griff was given more freedom as taagart was doing all the hard work instead of griff usually when heskey is on the field.
    - the wingers were more inclined to mix up there crosses instead of hoofing it to heskeys head.
    yeah, i agree, i think we were better when he went off.