Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Emile Heskey

Thats what I thought, but on second thought I am not sure he didn't say 13,000.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Thats what I thought, but on second thought I am not sure he didn't say 13,000.
    sure he said 30,000. poor guy will get a shock.

maybe we can fool him with cardboard cutouts.

defo said 30 tho, but he was laughing when he said it. Maybe just talking the place up for the pommy interviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by hauss View Post
    sure he said 30,000. poor guy will get a shock.

maybe we can fool him with cardboard cutouts.
    Should work. Would be hard to distinguish the cardboard cutouts from the current crowd as the western stand is full of them already

Lost in translation, maybe.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    the Heskey shirts selling out is getting better coverage on The Guardian than The Newcastle Herald

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-heskey-shirts

it's on the front page of a newspaper site on the other side of the world but not in our town because of this stupid feud with Dillon and HSG

Have it on good authority HESKEY landed in Sydney at 6.17AM this morning .

Hes here already boys !!!!!!!!!!!

What did he have for breakfast?

I've heard he's due in tommorrow morning.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 27-09-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    What did he have for breakfast?

I've heard he's due in tommorrow morning.
    my good authority is sheit ..... tmoz morning apparently

Or did he land in perth this morning ? hhhhmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    the Heskey shirts selling out is getting better coverage on The Guardian than The Newcastle Herald

it's on the front page of a newspaper site on the other side of the world but not in our town because of this stupid feud with Dillon and HSG
    I think that Jets/HSG have been burnt enough times by Dillon in the past and that it's reached this stage where they have a total media ban on him. This isn't just the Bridges incident where he has deliberately tried to make a big story out of nothing. He seems to try to put a negative spin on situations/incidences in order to paint the club in a bad way. Gee I even remember back when Nicky Carle wanted to go overseas with Con's blessings and he lambasted Con and the club in the Herald for "letting" their star player go. Yes, his job is a reporter but quite often he will write something and then keep re-hashing it over and over instead of just moving on.....this is what I think annoys management, players and supporters the most.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    he will write something and then keep re-hashing it over and over instead of just moving on.....
    That is straight from the Newcastle Herald employee manual.

Write a paragraph on new stuff and cut and past 4 or 5 paragraphs from previously stories that have the slightest connection.

The house next door to mine is getting demolished and like a lot of houses in the 1940s it had newspapers under the lino. I had a look at these as there were a lot of interesting stories related to the war. The thing that struck me about these papers were that there were a lot of stories that were just two paragraphs long. They told you what you needed to know and that's it, didn't try to pad it out with useless waffle. Papers had a lot less pages back then too. We could learn from the past.

A newpaper reporter should be a reporter, not an opionist. Report what is happening at the club, not give your opinion of what you would like people to think what is happening at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

The club needs to look at the bigger picture here and realise they are doing more harm then good with this no herald stance, like it or not the herald has been one of the better newspaper for HAL coverage, continuing this feud only hurts the club and supporters in the long run.

maybe bobby d is right and people don't like to hear it

Is anyone planning on being at Sydney airport in the morning? Flight lands at 6:05am ffs
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

i delegate this job to the f3mdr.

get there furns.

p.s. you will need to change your banner to the m1mdr soon

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    isn't q-dawg on the same flight in?

Lawl

Can't see it happening unfortunately. Sla, Blackmac maybe but with qman, NBUnited on a middle eastern tour and Fish a 90 min drive from airport it's going to be hard to get anyone there.
    Don't think they are expecting an ADP-level airport reception at 605am and most people who support the team over 2 hours drive away.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast