Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Emile Heskey

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    in 2010 Gérard Houllier stated that Emile Heskey is as good as Didier Drogba

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-didier-drogba

imagine if we had a strikeforce that include Drogba's current strike partner and someone as good as Drogba - we'd rip the anus out of every defence in the league and hand it to them on a platter

**** I hope this bloke wins the golden boot and rams his donger down the throat of every twitter flog

sif though

It will probably be better for the A-League's reputation if he doesn't win the golden boot, but I hope he does it.

Heard Aaron Kearney talking to someone from the Mirror newspaper in the UK about Heskey this morning. Didn't hear the whole interview but the quote was that he won't be a fan favourite but he will be a players player.

Well here's hoping he'll be both. Certainly I was a big fan of Viduka for the way he held up the ball and distributed and loved watching him play for Leeds. Even if Heskey doesn't score too many goals, I think the Newcastle faithful are educated enough to appreciate these qualities in a player.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    You do realise the members of the advisory board responsible for that decision are no longer there?

That's not what I have been told. The responsible person IS still there.

Good comment in the Herald today.....

COMMENT: No joking, Heskey could be van Egmond's answer

By MICHAEL PARRIS Sept. 19, 2012, 11:33 p.m.

LET'S not beat around the bush: Emile Heskey has a reputation as a poor finisher and a striker who doesn't score enough goals.
    Five minutes on YouTube or Google will inform you that, unfairly or not, Heskey for some time has been the butt of jokes for many in England, despite playing 62 internationals and almost all of his 17-year career in the Premier League.
    When news of Heskey's move broke in England, someone purporting to be Mario Balotelli tweeted to his 142,000 followers: "So it's official, Emile Heskey has joined Newcastle Jets. He was of course supposed to join Newcastle United but completely missed."
    Yesterday, London's Daily Mirror, reporting on his imminent move Down Under, mockingly referred to the former Liverpool man as Emile "wider contribution" Heskey.
    It's a reference to the justification often given for his presence in the EPL and the national side, in that what he offers as a striker should not be measured merely in goals.
    But perhaps "wider contribution" is not an epithet to be sniffed at by Jets fans. Not yet, anyway.
    Heskey is 34 (35 in January), only 11 months older than Dwight Yorke when the former Manchester United star joined Sydney FC in their championship-winning season to kick off the A-League.
    "All Night" Dwight was paid $1 million for his troubles. Whether the Jets' new marquee can have the same influence is very much an open question.
    The line between desperation and opportunism can be blurry, but it should be noted that whispers about the Jets chasing Heskey surfaced months ago.
    In Heskey's favour is that, until May, he was still playing at the highest level, even though he scored only once for Aston Villa in 28 EPL games last season.
    He scored nine times in 92 league outings over four seasons for Villa and a goal every 4½ games during his English club career - hardly a strike rate to set The Squadron's pulses racing.
    Yet Heskey has been a durable figure in a league renowned for its physicality.
    He joined Liverpool from home-town club Leicester in 2000 for a club-record £11 million transfer fee and became a valuable foil at Anfield for fellow England front men Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen.
    He started ahead of Fowler in the 2001 FA Cup final, which the Reds won 2-1 over Arsenal, at the end of a campaign that yielded 22 goals and the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup treble.
    Heskey has been dogged by criticism for most of his career, but his supporters have regarded him as a target man who can hold the ball up and bring those around him into the game.
    It is this quality that Gary van Egmond will be looking for from his marquee signing.
    If Heskey can do it in the Premier League for 17 years, then he could become a dominant figure in the A-League.
    The coach appeared to be frustrated when he told reporters last week: "Unfortunately right at this moment we are not as well equipped in that front third."
    Now that van Egmond has the equipment, what will he do with it?
    Chances are he will rely on Heskey to keep the ball, which is a key component of his hard-pressing game plan.
    The coach knows his side cannot defend high up the pitch for 90 minutes if they keep giving the ball back to the opposition.
    See your ad hereHeskey may not possess the silkiest skills on the ball, but he has built a career on holding off some of the toughest defenders in the world.
    How much legwork van Egmond will expect from him when the Jets haven't got the ball remains to be seen.
    But if Heskey can retain possession in the opponent's half, Ruben Zadkovich, Ryan Griffiths, James Brown and Bernardo Ribeiro will benefit.
    And you never know: after 17 years of struggling in front of goal, maybe Heskey is due.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    That's not what I have been told. The responsible person IS still there.
    Deans!!!!!!!

zura zura zura zura goooolllllllllll

and we will sing it until he scores
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    **** I hope this bloke wins the golden boot and rams his donger down the throat of every twitter flog

sif though
    I cant wait to see heskey in the blue and red, most people on this site do not know what a good footballer is, he is 10 times better then any forward we have ever had, including sooky boy griffiths

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I cant wait to see heskey in the blue and red, most people on this site do not know what a good footballer is, he is 10 times better then any forward we have ever had, including sooky boy griffiths
    adam was a defender, bra

shit shirts

yeah man, lay off Adam. He did a great job as a DM and scored a few goals.

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    adam was a defender, bra

shit shirts
    Brilliantly played Sir.

most people on this site do not know what a good footballer is,
    bullshit...i've always praised the jesics and gallaways
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I cant wait to see heskey in the blue and red, most people on this site do not know what a good footballer is
    you're right. Most of us are only on here for the NRL thread and Skirt Boys semi nudes.

Caaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrmnnnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    you're right. Most of us are only on here for the NRL thread and Skirt Boys semi nudes.

Caaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrmnnnnnn

run at meeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

so are zad and heskey going to have shoot offs to see who can miss by the most?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I'm waiting for pv4 to see this comment.. haha..

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Think of the children on the family hill OMG ����