Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Emile Heskey

Heskey on his day off.

Heskey: The Powerhouse

He has over 100 EPL goals, Messi has none.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I'm waiting for pv4 to see this comment.. haha..
    I'll be having the last laugh when the only person worried about the aftermath of their shooting is the gks getting the ball out of the net
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I'll be having the last laugh when the only person worried about the aftermath of their shooting is the gks getting the ball out of the net
    are you referring to the keepers in the game or the goal keepers on the hockey fields??

Quote Originally Posted by hauss View Post
    Heard Aaron Kearney talking to someone from the Mirror newspaper in the UK about Heskey this morning. Didn't hear the whole interview but the quote was that he won't be a fan favourite but he will be a players player.

Well here's hoping he'll be both. Certainly I was a big fan of Viduka for the way he held up the ball and distributed and loved watching him play for Leeds. Even if Heskey doesn't score too many goals, I think the Newcastle faithful are educated enough to appreciate these qualities in a player.
    Viduka had a poor goal/game scoring ratio for the Socceroos as a No. 9 but when fit he was one of the first players chosen because his role of holding the ball up and bringing other players into the game was the best way to utilise him. The key to whether we can start scoring goals consistently this season will be if GVE can work out how best to utilise Heskey in a similar way to Dukes.

Its Official !!

Newcastle Jets sign Emile Heskey Friday, 21 September 2012 6:13 AM

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets is pleased to announce the signing of former England international and Premier League star Emile Heskey as the Club’s marquee player for the 2012/13 season.

The FA Cup, Football League Cup and UEFA Cup winner joins the Jets after playing 28 matches for Aston Villa in the English Premier League last season.

“To secure the signature of Emile is a fantastic result for the Jets and for the A-League,” Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said.

“Emile has played our game at the highest level in England, both internationally and domestically, and he finished last season playing with Aston Villa in the English Premier League.

“We are aware that Emile had other offers but he is genuinely excited to be a part of what we want to achieve at the Jets.

“He was particularly interested in our Emerging Jets Program as this is what most Premier League Clubs have established already.

“Emile’s relationship with former English Premier League players Michael Bridges and Robbie Fowler assisted him in understanding what the A-League has to offer.

“We would like to thank the FFA for their assistance in securing Emile, in particular the A-League’s new CEO Damien De Bohun.”

Coach Gary van Egmond shares the sentiments of Middleby.

“Emile is someone who has unbelievable experience, having played for England 62 times,” van Egmond said.

“His effectiveness in being able to hold the ball up and invite other players to play off him is going to be a big benefit to us.

“He’s someone who can really lead the line and is exactly what we’ve been missing.”

In total, the striker has made 516 Premier League appearances during a stellar 17-year career in England’s top flight, scoring 110 goals.

The 34-year-old is best known for his time at Liverpool FC where he played 150 league matches and found the back of the net on 39 occasions for the Reds during five seasons at the Club. Heskey scored 22 goals in all competitions when Liverpool won the FA Cup, Football League Cup and UEFA Cup treble in 2000/01.

As well as Aston Villa and Liverpool, Heskey has played for top English Clubs Leicester City, Birmingham City and Wigan Athletic.

Heskey also brings valuable international experience to the Jets, having represented England on 62 occasions and scoring seven goals. He has played in two World Cups for the Three Lions, and played in every match of England’s 2010 FIFA World Cup campaign in South Africa.

“This is an exciting new period in my life and I am looking forward to making a special contribution to the A-League and most importantly, to the Jets,” Heskey said.

“I hope I can help grow football at the grassroots level and also provide advice to young players at the Jets.

“The season isn’t far away, so I will be in Newcastle soon, training with my new teammates and be ready for kick off on October 7.”

Having played against Heskey during his time in the English Premier League, Jets striker Michael Bridges knows better than most what Heskey is capable of.

“I think Emile is a tremendous signing for the Jets,” Bridges said.

“He’s just left Aston Villa where he was playing in the Premier League last season and that says a lot about his quality.

“It’s a massive coup for the Club to bring someone of his stature to Newcastle.”

Bridges said Heskey would not only prove to be a goal-scoring threat himself, but would also provide goal-scoring opportunities for his teammates.

“He’s a big target man who is a powerhouse, a work horse and can lead the forward line,” Bridges said.

“If you look at his strike-partners at the teams he’s played with, they’ve all been goal-scoring machine because of his work rate and supply.”

Emile Heskey>
    Born: Leicester, England
    Date of Birth: January 11, 1978

Club career:
    1994-2000 Leicester City 154 appearances (40 goals)
    2000-2004 Liverpool FC 150 appearances (39 goals)
    2004-2006 Birmingham City 68 appearances (14 goals
    2006-2009 Wigan Athletic 82 appearances (15 goals)
    2009-2012 Aston Villa 92 appearances (9 goals)

International career:
    1999-2010 England 62 appearances (7 goals)

Career achievements:
    UEFA Cup winner (2000-01)
    FA Cup winner (2000-01)
    Football League Cup winner (1996-97, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03)
    UEFA Super Cup winner (2001)
    FA Charity Shield winner (2001)

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...e-Heskey/49288
    Last edited by baldrick; 21-09-2012 at 07:32 AM.

dat pic

it's Heskey time boiz
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    dat pic

it's Heskey time boiz
    He looks like he is praying for the return of Griff.

“We would like to thank the FFA for their assistance in securing Emile, in particular the A-League’s new CEO Damien De Bohun.”

that is my favourite bit of the article. i'm confident De Bohun is the right man to lead the a-league.

and i also agree with pv4, that picture, he's just so dreamy...

I tell you one thing - I reckon R Griff will be the man to benefit from this signing more than anyone.

He has the nous and quality to feed off Heskeys offerings, and use the extra space.

And great fun telling the eggballers that the Newcastle Jets are very much famous around the world - they can't grasp the concept that nobody knows who Andrew Johns is ?!

Straight from the BBC...

Emile Heskey joins Newcastle Jets in Australia's A-League

Former England striker Emile Heskey has joined Australian A-League side Newcastle Jets on a one-year deal.

The 34-year-old had been without a club since being released by Aston Villa in the summer, and will partner former Leeds man Michael Bridges up front.

"I think Emile is a tremendous signing for the Jets. It's a massive coup for the club," said Bridges.

Heskey follows former Juventus forward Alessandro Del Piero into the league, after the Italian joined Sydney FC.

Coach Gary van Egmond was delighted to secure the services of a man who won 62 caps for England, scoring seven goals.

"Emile is someone who has unbelievable experience," he said. "His effectiveness in being able to hold the ball up and invite other players to play off him is going to be a big benefit to us.

"He's someone who can really lead the line and is exactly what we've been missing."

Heskey made 516 Premier League appearances, scoring 110 goals for five different clubs in the top flight.

He also won the League Cup four times, as well as the Uefa Cup and FA Cup.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 21-09-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Happy with Heskey signing. He'll be scoring bombs. Ruben take note.

Such a brilliant signing, well done club. For HSG to go from a position where all the stupids were saying they didn't care about the club, to signing a genuine Premier League player within 6 months, that is really something.

The only question that has to be asked now is how quickly will he be fit. I'd like to see him starting against SFC in week 2, but it will be very difficult if he hasn't done much all pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I tell you one thing - I reckon R Griff will be the man to benefit from this signing more than anyone.
    I couldn't agree more..
    At first, I was really confused about what a different style player he is compared to the rest that we have in the team..
    The more I think about it, I'm not expecting him to score a ridiculous amount of goals, its all of the playing off and setting up that he will provide up front that is a real exciting prospect.
    He has played at the top level for a long time, putting what he can do on the pitch aside, he also has so much to offer in terms of bums on seats, passing on experience to the youth, etc..

Emile Heskey playing strips available now

Friday, 21 September 2012 8:38 AM

To celebrate the signing of Emile Heskey, the Newcastle Jets have released customised ‘HESKEY 9’ Home and Away playing strips, available in person and online through the Hunter Sports Superstore.
    Emile Heskey has represented England on 62 occasions and played over 500 English Premier League matches, including 150 for Liverpool, and is one of the most recognised football names in the world. His name will now be showcased on the 2012/13 Newcastle Jets strip.
    The customised 2012/13 authentic Jets Home and Away playing strip carries the HESKEY name and ‘9’ playing number in the official Hyundai A-League font, as worn by the A-League teams.
    Jets Members can secure the customised HESKEY playing shirt for only $124 (Adult size), a saving of $26 on the regular retail price. Heskey or Jets supporters yet to make the Membership commitment can still do so for as little as $110 for 13 huge games and still make the $26 saving on the customised shirt.
    Customised Heskey Shirt Members Non-Members
    Adult Home & Away $124 $150
    Youth Home & Away $114 $135
    Members and supporters are encouraged to purchase quickly as demand is expected to be high, and more stock is currently on order.
    HOW TO SECURE YOUR CUSTOMISED HESKEY JETS PLAYING SHIRT
    Online: CLICK HERE
    In Person: Hunter Sports Superstore, (Hunter Stadium), 294 Turton Road, NEW LAMBTON NSW 2305
    Trading Hours:
    Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
    Saturday, 9am – 12pm
    Purchasers should allow up to 10 working days for delivery within Australia, and 14 days for international delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    This...Heskey is worth $1 mill but Smeltz was not worth $400,000 ?
    Wouldnt want Smeltz a proven AL scorer at a 1/3 of the cost. I cant take this recruitment garbage seriously. I do think Hesk is a great player to have but there doesnt seem any policy or quality control in the selection processes. Who's going to give hesk a decent ball, he wont have the legs to chase for long?
    Last edited by hawk; 21-09-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Wouldnt want Smeltz a proven AL scorer at a 1/3 of the cost. I cant take this recruitment garbage seriously. I do think Hesk is a great player to have but there doesnt seem any policy or quality control in the selection processes. Who's going to give hesk a decent ball, he wont have the legs to chase for long?
    Wasn't Culina already signed at the time or was Smeltz rejected before that? I think the timing makes a huge difference when evaluating these decisions in hindsight.

Hopefully the people making the decisions learn from their mistakes. People in a new administration have a lot to learn so you can't expect them to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I couldn't agree more..
    At first, I was really confused about what a different style player he is compared to the rest that we have in the team..
    The more I think about it, I'm not expecting him to score a ridiculous amount of goals, its all of the playing off and setting up that he will provide up front that is a real exciting prospect.
    May even make Jesic look OK.

Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Who's going to give hesk a decent ball, he wont have the legs to chase for long?
    Hmm Griffo, Brown, Ribiero, Chapman, Neville, Rubez - I think you're underestimating the potential of our team.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    May even make Jesic look OK. Just kidding.
    Don't scare me ! Saturday after Griff went off we thought Jesic would be our lead striker for round 1.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar