Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1426

Thread: Test Cricket aka real cricket

modz plz lift the Members ban at least for an hour so he can weigh in on this.

Bloke was born for this moment.

Things don’t really add up for me.

Yeh, I get ball tampering is bad. Cheating. Whatever.
    Why is there so much outrage and the international governing body gives him a one match ban.
    If it’s so damn serious, bam him for months, a year, a number of matches.

Also, the slippery slope of what you can get away with before it’s considered ball tampering.
    You can polish one side of the ball til your heart is content using your trousers. Maybe ASICS could use a courser material for aerodynamics or sweat wicking. Throwing the ball over the pitch to scuff it.

I think the one match ban was from the match referee. The ICC or Cricket Australia are allowed to come in over the top of that with further bans if they want (and rumours state that’s what’s gonna happen).

Shining the ball is technically ‘preserving the condition’ of the ball, which is perfectly legal as long as you use sweat and not sunscreen or lollies (oops).

Bouncing the ball in from outfield throws has been frowned upon for ages and a lot of umps give warnings for teams blatantly doing it and have the power to change the ball over if they think too much damage has been done. This is more a one dayer issue than tests but rules are the same I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Things don’t really add up for me.

Yeh, I get ball tampering is bad. Cheating. Whatever.
    Why is there so much outrage and the international governing body gives him a one match ban.
    If it’s so damn serious, bam him for months, a year, a number of matches.

Also, the slippery slope of what you can get away with before it’s considered ball tampering.
    You can polish one side of the ball til your heart is content using your trousers. Maybe ASICS could use a courser material for aerodynamics or sweat wicking. Throwing the ball over the pitch to scuff it.
    Cause the real outrage isn't with the governing body - its with the social media lynch mob.
    Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed that its happened and all that - but when you look at what other teams do too, anything more than a few matches off is pretty harsh. Make them do extra "community service" (do a bunch of kids clinics and whatnot), give them a big kick up the arse and let them know if they get caught up in shady shit again they'll get a year off.

What exactly the dropping of captaincy does while still playing I'm not sure.. Smith is still the best player in the team and you imagine would still have a lot of influence anyway.

Yep - its the social media mob again, the new "loony left".

Read Whirlpool for a laugh - one guy wants the whole team and management banned for life.

The worst punishment will see Smith lose the captaincy, maybe Warner the VC and Boof his job. Plus a few fines and 1-2 game suspensions - in 3 months we will forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Yep - its the social media mob again, the new "loony left".
    Nope.
    It’s pretty much the opposite.
    It’s your old talkback Alan Jones types who hate 3 things in life
    1. The gays.
    2. The immigrants.
    3. Cheats in sport.

I think all your hippie snowflake types are too busy looking off to the side saying ‘what’s cricket’ in an attempt to be more woke than the next bloke.............errrr sorry ‘gender non binary person’.

This is old white man heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Nope.
    1. The gays.
    2. The immigrants.
    3. Cheats in sport.

I think all your hippie snowflake types are too busy looking off to the side saying ‘what’s cricket’ in an attempt to be more woke than the next bloke.............errrr sorry ‘gender non binary person’.

I think its just people in general (all of whom are participating in the social media lynching). Old white people hate cheating, while the lefty snowflakes hate having imperfect celebrities being role models to their potential-future-imaginary children.

i'm a bleeding heart pinko and i reckon it's fantastic

Nope.
    1. The gays.
    2. The immigrants.
    3. Cheats in sport.

Love the white man bigot act. Like the man feminist. another parasite looking for do good pts.

fkn grow up you turds. Its international sport.

We arent the Peter Perfect cuntry like most wish/like to think. where pushing the rules to win at all costs like every other khunt.

Sure go for the internatinal culture change but you pathetic rose coloured glass crowd can do all the hard work if you can get off the lastest fps game, feeling sorry for sh1t or away from saving sharks
    Last edited by hawk; 26-03-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Love the white man bigot act. Like the man feminist. another parasite looking for do good pts.

fkn grow up you turds. Its international sport.

We arent the Peter Perfect cuntry like most wish/like to think. where pushing the rules to win at all costs like every other khunt.

Sure go for the internatinal culture change but you pathetic rose coloured glass crowd can do all the hard work if you can get off the lastest fps game, feeling sorry for sh1t or away from saving sharks
    I don’t understand any of this but can only assume someone’s just told Hawk that Santa isn’t real.

I don’t understand any of this but can only assume someone’s just told Hawk that Santa isn’t real.
    take off the rose glasses and drop Deanne Smith mirage. Theres a real world out there
    Last edited by hawk; 26-03-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Three days of people who know nothing spouting off with no facts.

Channel Nein has a "source", chasing Smith, saying Boof, six players and Sutherland were to be sacked, contacting every international cricketer still alive and even getting ACA on board telling a strange story about Warner's lifestyle (I reckon he is the "source").

I shudder at the social media types if they are ever on a jury, they expect massive punishments and for them to be delivered without due deliberation. And now after being attack dogs for three days the media is now concerned for Smith's mental health.

It has just gone overboard and even this morning as investigations follow their due course their findings are blasted by SM gurus as "bullshit".

I think Jim Maxwell is closer to the truth than most...

Warner's the one who really should wear most of this, and I'll be very surprised if he plays for Australia again.

He's clearly been ostracised by the rest of the players, I could see that in the body language on the plane, so I think he's pretty close to persona non grata from here on.

My understanding of the conversation is that it went like this. They were about to go out after lunch, and Smith saw Bancroft and Warner in collusion.

He said "what are you blokes doing? I don't want to know what you're doing", and then he went out onto the field.

Unfortunately, he didn't realise exactly how dire the act they were about to perpetrate on the field was. The cameras got them and Smith is going to cop a ban.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 28-03-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Smith and Warner given 12 month bans.

All other kinds of fallout taking place too with players being stripped of sponsorship deals.

Warner Bannedcroft who cares. Smith should appeal. howzaaat

that seems a little over the top to me. would have thought a test series was enough.

ACB think they are so important and that we are bigger than the world so we get the harshest penalties.

Go away insignificant numpties

Agree with Warne....now being treated like drug dealers in Bali at the airport. And also blamed for millions of corporate dollars lost. Too much too quickly.
    Yet NRL boofs rape, pillage and take drugs for a slap on the wrist.

I did not see that coming, especially considering similar cases in the past resulted in a match ban and a small fine.
    If
    This shit is beyond ridiculous but will no doubt add up to a massive pay day for the media organisations running the game.

Joe Root runs his own cricket coaching school.

http://www.therootacademy.co.uk/

Where they will have you "playing like a pro".
    Last edited by The Dunster; 29-03-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Lehman steps down.