Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paramount +

You might be right belchardo, the Para account says $90 but may not state the discount. Have to check the bank statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Hilly is back....bringing Harps with him.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/foot...e1dv32szs33la4

Damn I was hoping for the Kiwi guys plus Ned after 2 hours at the bar
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Please get some Ned Paramount, Bloke is sensational.

Santo works with 10, he does a great Ned.

Paramount + is pretty poor.
    No 4k
    Socceroos qualifiers are on 10 play only.
    Because they aren't ready to launch yet.

Might be another shit show like Channel 7 pulled in the NSL days to kill off the challenge to other codes.

All Socceroos games are on 10 due to the anti siphoning laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    All Socceroos games are on 10 due to the anti siphoning laws.
    I could be wrong but I thought it only applied to home games.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-09-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I could be wrong but I thought it only applied to home games.
    Well....technically....it was a home game. I don't really know the TV rules anymore!

The point has been made though that 10 will show A-League Match of the Round and I would expect most Socceroos and Matildas games to be on FTA where possible. The Vietnam game is on 10Bold Tuesday at 9.30pm - can't be a bad thing.

Paramount will have everything else and the replays.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

I wonder if we might see less 3pm games now. Given there is only one match to broadcast live per week (with the rest able to be streamed whenever somebody wants to watch it), I've been wondering if there is any reason that you couldn't have two matches kicking off at the same time. You'd still need separate commentary teams with consecutive/concurrent kick-offs, you still need separate broadcast crews as well. Just seems like there's a good chance to can the afternoon kick-offs during summer, get a few more matches starting at say 7pm.

Something like (ignoring time zone issues):
    Friday - 2 matches at 7pm
    Saturday - 2 matches at 7pm, 1 broadcast match at 7:30pm
    Sunday - 2 matches at 6pm, 1 match at 7pm

You could also have a final round simultaneous kick-off too, make it a real big deal (if the season is tight enough).

Would also give you a chance to play w/y/a-league double headers a bit more regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Well....technically....it was a home game. I don't really know the TV rules anymore!

The point has been made though that 10 will show A-League Match of the Round and I would expect most Socceroos and Matildas games to be on FTA where possible. The Vietnam game is on 10Bold Tuesday at 9.30pm - can't be a bad thing.

Paramount will have everything else and the replays.
    I've had Paramount + since it started in Australia.
    No 4k, No High Quality Sound, Not a lot of movies, No dedicated Sports Channel - hopefully that changes.
    The legacy TV content is not bad though - a lot of full series TV shows available. So for that it's good.
    But I don't have a lot of confidence in them doing a better job than Fox did with the A-League coverage.

I think the deal is pretty sweet, condisering it's just $2/month more than the MyFootball app (will they still broadcast the games?), with all the additional content.
    Even just for the duration of the A-league (6 months?), and then cancel after it's finished.
    There might be less camera angles, but we'll survive.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I think the deal is pretty sweet, condisering it's just $2/month more than the MyFootball app (will they still broadcast the games?), with all the additional content.
    All of the A-League content is now gone from Fox/Kayo - even the replays from previous years. Not sure about MyFootball app situation - but difficult to see it being any different to Kayo/Fox.

All of the A-League content is now gone from Fox/Kayo - even the replays from previous years. Not sure about MyFootball app situation - but difficult to see it being any different to Kayo/Fox.
    Bloody Fox even stopped me accessing last seasons recordings after giving FoxSports the boot.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I wonder if we might see less 3pm games now. Given there is only one match to broadcast live per week (with the rest able to be streamed whenever somebody wants to watch it), I've been wondering if there is any reason that you couldn't have two matches kicking off at the same time. You'd still need separate commentary teams with consecutive/concurrent kick-offs, you still need separate broadcast crews as well. Just seems like there's a good chance to can the afternoon kick-offs during summer, get a few more matches starting at say 7pm.

Something like (ignoring time zone issues):
    Friday - 2 matches at 7pm
    Saturday - 2 matches at 7pm, 1 broadcast match at 7:30pm
    Sunday - 2 matches at 6pm, 1 match at 7pm

You could also have a final round simultaneous kick-off too, make it a real big deal (if the season is tight enough).

Would also give you a chance to play w/y/a-league double headers a bit more regularly.
    Can't believe nobody pulled me up on the fact I have 8 slots for 6 matches a week. 😄

Is milligan going to be on the a-league coverage? He is so lifeless. Bit of enthusiasm would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Is milligan going to be on the a-league coverage? He is so lifeless. Bit of enthusiasm would be nice!
    I'd rather Milligan and Wilkshire than that Brenton Speed clown on fox who just talks shit for two hours.

He wouldn't be interested but geez I'd love to see Ljubo doing commentary and analysis.
    Not sure Australia is ready but I know I am.

I'd rather Milligan and Wilkshire than that Brenton Speed clown on fox who just talks shit for two hours.
    They are like cardboard cut outs it’s shocking

I'm no fan of the generic host either but the young lady seems nice.

A-League will have Rudes and probably Archie to give a bit of life.

Slater still on the market